Author Topic: Good RTS?  (Read 456 times)

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
Good RTS?
« on: December 26, 2013, 12:02:26 am »
I was wondering if anyone knows of any good real-time strategy games? Me and my cousin are looking for a good one. We want something not quite as complicated as Civ, but not overly simple. Also, it absolutely needs to have online matches, and it would be great if they were custom, and we could play against bots as well as each other. In terms of pricing, the less it costs the better, but we don't have a range. So far we've looked at Age of Empires online, and Empire Earth 2. I was wondering what you guys would recommend?
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Good RTS?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 07:17:24 am »
First and only one I can think of is Starcraft II.

I've played that game for a bit and I would really recommended it, but I highly doubt you would get to a pro level
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Snowfox

• Snow ❄
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
    • Twitter - blinkpony
  • Fursona Species: Snowfox
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 08:48:45 am »
The second age of empires game, although a little dated (1999!), is considered one of the best. It has everything you guys said you were looking for. In fact there's a HD edition on steam that I have sunk countless hours into. Halo Wars wasn't a bad RTS game, and the Starcraft games have already been mentioned.
...Snow    

Feel free to message me :)

"Not all those who wander are lost"

Offline Fahxstream

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 4
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:27:19 am »
With similar gameplay to AoE II, there's Rise-Of-Nations. It covers a larger timeframe than Age-of-empires, going as far as the present. It should be quite cheap since it's from 2003, and you can set computer controlled nations in multiplayer games. I'm not sure if the gamespy server for it is still up, but you can do direct-IP multiplayer.  :fox-:):

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 11:54:51 am »
I'm going to agree with Age of Empires and Rise of Nations! They are great games with a huge replay value. 

Here are my suggestions! Sins of a Solar Empire, a Science fiction space RTS about Empires and war!
Any of the Total War games are great but it is a mix of RTS and turned-base strategy. The battles are in Real time but you take turns when moving your units on the map. The game also has custom battles!

I know you wanted a less complicated game but if you're willing to learn, Crusader Kings 2 is a great game. The game looks daunting and it is. If you're able to learn the controllers and get a feeling for the game, you're gonna have fun.

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 03:52:11 pm »
Thanks for the advice :fox-:):  Think we're gonna go with Rise of Nations
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline Jinx

• Insanity is just delightful...
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubt...
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 11:57:40 pm »
You want Grim Dark Sci Fi with over the top action? Go Dawn of War 2... You want gritty, realistic combat set in World War 2? Go Company of Heroes...  If you want a classic fantasy or medieval setting, go Warcraft 3 or Age of Empires 2... Both are quite fun and arent as graphics intensive as the other two games I named...
Hope is the first step to disappointment...