Author Topic: Battlefield 4  (Read 484 times)

Offline Ruby C.

• Instead of black and yellow, I prefer red and black.
  • Cookies: 4
  • Fursona Species: C-bird
Battlefield 4
« on: January 02, 2014, 09:25:34 pm »
Let me tell you... this game is not the best. BF3 was absolutely amazing, both single and multiplayer modes, so BF4 was so exciting to get. For X-mas, I got a PS4 so what better game to get? Considering it's still the baby and there's not many games for it. So, I had a heap of cash so I instantly went to GameStop when my mom went to town. I walked in and said, "Yo, I want BF4 and Madden 25," so I walked and I'm thinking to myself, "Oh my gosh, it's BF4,". After a few hours of the campaign I'm thinking, "Why the H.E. did I pay $50 for this?" The campaign, oh my gosh, the horror! It's slow, a mission takes forever to finish, and you'll be lucky to finish it. The game is crazy hard, even on easy. Okay, what's wrong with the challenge? Well nothing would if the checkpoint system would work! It would re-set me back a LONG way back, I lost a ton of progress. The story is also awful, it never is dramatic when it tries. The only redemption is the multiplayer which is the same as last year with new maps and guns. What where you thinking DICE!? I'm giving it a 6.5/10.

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
Re: Battlefield 4
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:21:04 pm »
Battlefield is, and was never about the campaign mode. I'm pretty sure that Dice knows that people do not play Battlefield for the campaign. They just make it some 10-ish hour shootfest because that's just how most campaign games work nowadays.

Battlefield is known for its massive multiplayer, amazing detail and physics and everything. Their frostbite engine is amazing, destructive environment is something that not many games have, and it is fucking incredible. The first thing anybody thinks of when it's Battlefield is blowing buildings up! It's a great tactical move that not many games have.

And the MASSIVE maps are amazing too. Its' so exhilarating to get in a jet and fly around, raining death from above. The squad method is extremely useful too. Compared to other first person shooter games, Battlefield takes the cake.

Unfortunately I don't have battlefield 4. I'd love to get it but I don't know how well it would run on my computer. I still play 3 on my xbox a good amount and will always love it.

I personally give it a 8.5/10

Offline Flabbergastationify

• Orange Marmalade.
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Dinks
  • Fursona Species: Grey Wolf, (Alt. Slynx a.k.a. A Snow Leopard + Lynx crossbreed.) (2nd Alt. Husky)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:25:13 pm »
I have to agree with Jethro here. Battlefield was never about Single Player. I have BF4 and haven't even considered playing the Campaign. All I've been doing is f***ing s*** up in Multiplayer. Which is oh, so juicy.
I'm nice, outgoing(sometimes), and funny. Don't be afraid to talk to me any time.

Just don't let me catch you saying stupid things.

I don't like stupid things.

It makes me upset.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:48:51 pm »
Well, for me as a pc player who plays through the campaign of any game before tackling multiplayer bf4 was massively disappointing. The campaign was so buggy on pc that it was unplayable at some points. This came as a bombshell to me because i wanted to see where they would take the storu, but in the end i gave up - serioulsy, watch nerdcubed's playthrough n youtube..
When it comes to the multiplayer well, bugs add to the fun.
I just hope that dice don't mess up star wars battlefront 3 by rushing it the same way.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)