Author Topic: Artroom for improvemnt  (Read 784 times)

Offline pixyfgtr

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • WHO
  • Fursona Species: WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Artroom for improvemnt
« on: January 05, 2014, 03:39:49 am »
So ill post some art from time to time and i need you to help me improve my art by telling me what i should do. So ive been having trouble on anatomy in terms of what makes a human animal hybrid anatomically correct, or in this case close but stylized. This pic has litte actual fur so i also need you guys to speak where i should put fur and the ratio it is in. Also im at a lose in coloring so you guys gotta help pick good colors when i post a color pic. And the other usual pointers that come with art. Please help i need you people... i should use my comp to type, this seeems really cramp OH YEAH PLEASE HELP ME ON MOUTH I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THAT ACTUALLY JUST THE HEAD IN GENERAL,
Here is my first batch
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 03:41:38 am by pixyfgtr »

Offline Cookie-N

• lennyface.psd
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • furries trigger me
    • DeviantArt - cookie-n
    • FurAffinity - cookiethebluecat
    • Twitter - nicholas_cookie
    • Tumblr / Art Blog
Re: Artroom for improvemnt
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 05:46:55 am »
... I can't seem to find fault with it. Awesome!

edit: Maybe, uh, shorter neck for the right one? Other than that I really can't find anything wrong with this OTL
KEK

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 595
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 11:33:25 am »
Honestly, these look really good as-is; you have an amazing grasp of human anatomy, and even animal facial shapes.
If you DO want to make it scream "furry" more, however, you could add more fur, like you said...a lot of people add some fluffs/hints of fur where the body bends, like the shoulders and elbows. You could also always make the legs more digitigrade/unguligrade, if you're so inclined
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 12:52:58 pm »
Agreeing with the above two members. I really like this piece and think your anatomy is great.

As for the fur, it does not really need to be drawn in, it becomes more noticeable once the picture is colored. If anything, you can add some on the elbows, cheeks, maybe chest fluff or crotch fluff.

When I used to draw, I would make little "v" on the body to show fur, and I later realized that this was like, really awful and just made the picture look bad.  I did a quick "how to draw fur" in the FurAffinity search bar and found this.  Yeah, just searching for things really helps a lot.   And good job once again.

Offline pixyfgtr

• Red Level
  • WHO
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 05:43:35 pm »
Alright thanks guys iil take those pieces on info into account. I think i may try to make the legs a bit digitgrade, but not not truly btw those legs look cool.Ill take in mind to add fur in those areas, also jethro the link doesnt like me ·_·

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 11:11:00 pm »
Perhaps this link will work. I actually looked at the description of the picture and there's a Youtube video on how he did it XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN_hpwU7Ykg&feature=youtu.be

Offline Theo

• craftsman extraordinaire!
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • dapper stripedog
  • Fursona Species: Badger
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 11:32:16 pm »
I'd say work on resolving your marks, that sounds a little odd, but right now your forms are hewn from what an old professor of mine referred to as "chicken scratch". It's fine to work this way while learning, but as you grow you'll want to build from abstract clumped marks or simply place longer more confident lines.

The anatomy will work for what you want, if it is a bit stylized, but that seems to be your goal. Be aware of shoulders and chests, there is strange asymmetry beyond what you would normally see in a human form, particularly in your left figure. As for their heads, look to nature first and stylize from that, it will tell you how to properly construct your shapes.

As for colors its hard to say, it would be helpful to see examples of your recent work and what your goals for this piece are.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 11:34:38 pm by Theo »
Love the woods.

Offline pixyfgtr

• Red Level
  • WHO
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 01:03:15 am »
Yeah jethro thanks alot! That technique in that video is really easy to understand! Ill remember to use this resource

Lol chicken sctatch, yeah ive had a big problem with fine lines, i feel like i have to put flow when i draw and i gey really impatient focusing on fine strokes. Ill also be careful on the body symmerty i see where you got that i didnt notice how crooked the figures are thanks for pointing that out. I will also post a colored piece next time im hoping to get more advice. Thanks alot theo!

Offline pixyfgtr

• Red Level
  • WHO
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 12:34:17 am »

Offline Ti'Nari

• Talking to angels and counting the stars
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • Making a wish on a passing car
  • Fursona Species: yes.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 01:09:03 am »
Oh come now, friendo. Your art is practically flawless for human anatomy! Take pride in it, I wish I had that skill
  • Pronouns: they/theirs/them

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 02:10:09 am »
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline pixyfgtr

• Red Level
  • WHO
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 12:53:38 am »
Well after discovering this place again, I guess I'll go back to doing whatever this was doing, heres a wip

Offline pixyfgtr

• Red Level
  • WHO
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 03:06:24 am »
Some sketches some dumps, mostly just to bump