Author Topic: RE: The Mercenaries 3D  (Read 302 times)

Offline Chiptune Hero

• Heir of Blood
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
  • DROP THE BASS
    • FurAffinity - Scribe_of_Snow
    • Twitter - Scribe_of_Snow
  • Fursona Species: Beaver Alt: Indigo Bunting
RE: The Mercenaries 3D
« on: January 20, 2014, 02:11:01 pm »
I got Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D yesterday, and so far, I love it. As an owner of Resident Evil 4, I have to say that Mercenaries mode kept me playing long after the story mode was over. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's basically a time trial mode. Finish off the enemies (or survive if it's a survival trial), and you win. Simple, right? This takes that mode, expands it in every direction, and it rocks.

Each character has a unique loadout, and a set of 3 perks that can be swapped out. It's an easy premise, but I still felt the urge to keep replaying with different characters trying to beat my previous score.

A few complaints: There isn't much in the way of enemy and map variety (seriously, like two sets of enemies). You can only get new loadouts by using play coins, which is dumb. I would have preferred an in game currency. But otherwise, it's a fine experience that is addicting in nature.

8/10
CH's Song of the Week: "WTF" by Zomboy

"We writers are, after all, inherently selfish: everything comes back to our own words."-- Meg Leder

I'm always up for a fun chat about any subject. Add me o3o
Kik: NeutralGood