Author Topic: stupid things you heard about music.  (Read 2730 times)

Offline DeadHyenaz

• Trash King
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • "Punk isn't dead, it's just sleeping"
    • DeviantArt - KokoroMiracle250
    • FurAffinity - Pidgejaku
    • LiveJournal - NyootBoots
    • Twitter - @pidgejaku
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Hyena/Wolf hybrid, Hyena, Snow Leopard/Demon, Kitsune
Re: stupid things you heard about music.
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 10:02:57 pm »
"Post punk music is just Yelling ugh feelings!"-my friend Cameron. I love post punk and similar music.
  • Pronouns: He/Him
DMMD took my soul

My Instagram: @deadhyenaz/@Lamentobeyondthevoid

Formerly Nyoot-Boots

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
  • Fursona Species: eastern timber wolf
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2014, 10:20:56 pm »
because I listen to nickelback I'm gay. Or at least that's what the kids at my school say. (In truth I am gay. I'm just living a lie for my public life outside the forum. I sorta created this whole bmoc, macho man, badass, ladies man kinda public view back in middle school. And since I live in an area where gays are severely discriminated against I've been living in this façade so I don't end up on the end of some angry farmers pitchfork. this was back before I found out about myself that I was gay. I was so ignorant back then!) but listening to nickelback doesn't make a person gay. I hate how ignorant some people are. it just annoys the crap out of me!

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 178
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2014, 10:33:42 pm »
so while posting in a ukfur music thread this guy called this shoegaze yet all i hear is country style drone. :???:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbPeZMpdSjE
>Dylan Carlson
>Shoegaze
shiggydiggy

Like it has shoegaze influence, but that is not full shoegaze. Play them "Loveless" and ask them if it sounds anything like Hex.

• Award - Beta Tester

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2014, 11:11:07 pm »
"You're not a real fan of (insert band here) unless you can name all their members, five of their songs, all of their albums, when they were founded, their net income over the span of one year on average............"   :???: 
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline Argen the Dargon

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Silver feral dragon transgirl
  • Fursona Species: Dragon (Feral)
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 10:34:24 am »
Rap and metal can never mix.

These people are obviously proven wrong by the likes of Slipknot, Stone Sour, Anthrax, Red, Deuce, Atilla, ETC...

:fox-:P:

You forgot Rage Against The Machine. Not as intense as a lot of metal, but not bad.
Proud to survive

PM me if you want to Skype.

Offline Argen the Dargon

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Silver feral dragon transgirl
  • Fursona Species: Dragon (Feral)
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 10:36:26 am »
Growl is easy and death metal is satanic.

Growl is difficult and takes practice to do right, and black metal is sometimes anti-christian, but not satanic.
Proud to survive

PM me if you want to Skype.

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 05:09:08 pm »
my friend told me today that in his opinion listening to anything but Christian rock will turn you into a Satanist. which is total [censored]!

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 05:42:45 pm »
"Rap and metal are essentially the same thing. I mean, look at Hollywood Undead."
That guy in my english class everybody...
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 05:54:47 pm »
*buzzer sound* WRONG! rap and metal are NOT the same thing and when you mix genres to created some sort of bastard music child.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • I'm full of coffee
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 05:59:38 pm »
*buzzer sound* WRONG! rap and metal are NOT the same thing and when you mix genres to created some sort of bastard music child.
This is the same guy who asked me if I knew how a hand grenade worked when I seriously annoyed him.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline guapo

• we can start and finish wars
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 289
  • we're what killed the dinosaurs
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
  • Fursona Species: conepatus semistriatus
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2014, 06:00:41 pm »
"you like musicals? what are you, like, gay?"
i wasn't aware my taste in music had to do with sexual preference?
yes, i am trans. but that doesn't have anything to do with my music of choice.
[loud sigh]
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
the dinosaurs choked on the dust
they died because we say they must

maybe i'll come back later
see ya

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2014, 06:14:58 pm »
I totally agree with you. I hate how everything I do that someone disagrees with makes me gay. I am gay though, I'm just living a lie irl because I don't want to be persecuted for my sexuality. And by trans, do you mean transsexual, or transgender, or am I totally misinterpreting this?

Offline guapo

• Blue Level
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2014, 06:20:34 pm »
I totally agree with you. I hate how everything I do that someone disagrees with makes me gay. I am gay though, I'm just living a lie irl because I don't want to be persecuted for my sexuality. And by trans, do you mean transsexual, or transgender, or am I totally misinterpreting this?

i'm transsexual, pre-any sort of operation. uvu
  • Award - Beta Tester

see ya

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 01:11:24 am »
I actually like Hollywood undead, and I'm not Satanist. close though...I'm atheist. And I also hate how ignorant people are. it just pisses me off in ways I cant even understand.
Yes! Completely! I'm a Shinto/Taoist (amateur) and even then people think.that just because I study under a religion that's not normally practiced in the states that I'm a terrorist, then when they find out about my taste in music things just get extremely judgemental.

Off topic, but did you just say you're a SHINTOIST~? Welcome to the club brotha!!! -epic virtual highfive- I'm a Shintoist as well!!

Anyway, back on topic.

"I really just like the beat of the song. Lyrics don't matter" - some random chick in Starbucks yesterday

proof that nobody cares about lyrics these days <3
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • I'm full of coffee
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 07:52:15 am »
I actually like Hollywood undead, and I'm not Satanist. close though...I'm atheist. And I also hate how ignorant people are. it just pisses me off in ways I cant even understand.
Yes! Completely! I'm a Shinto/Taoist (amateur) and even then people think.that just because I study under a religion that's not normally practiced in the states that I'm a terrorist, then when they find out about my taste in music things just get extremely judgemental.

Off topic, but did you just say you're a SHINTOIST~? Welcome to the club brotha!!! -epic virtual highfive- I'm a Shintoist as well!!

Anyway, back on topic.

"I really just like the beat of the song. Lyrics don't matter" - some random chick in Starbucks yesterday

proof that nobody cares about lyrics these days <3

No wonder. Most mainstream artist's lyrics don't even make sense.

"We should bring back the seventies because Punk is dying and Green Day are getting to old."

Ok first of all Punk IS dead. It died at the end of it's era. Second of all Green Day are not punk. They are Neo-punk. Nothing ever again will be truly punk because punk was about the era as much as the actual music. Third of all, Green Day were nineties. Not seventies.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline guapo

• Blue Level
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2014, 08:02:33 am »
everytime i see someone talking about how they're better than other people because of music taste its like
 :???:
 :???:  :???:  :???:

"you like those sounds? no! those are bad sounds!!! those aren't real sounds!!!! real music is dead!!! wah wah wah i'm an elitist baby."

• Award - Beta Tester

see ya

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • Cookies: 230
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2014, 09:59:41 pm »
A few weeks ago a friend at school said that he doesn't like metal because he thinks he'll get possesed because of listening to it.

It was only -CENSORED- Power Metal!! It's almost like -CENSORED- Rock 'n Roll!! (Only that it's a thousand times faster and a million times better :fox-:P:)
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
:redvelvet:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2014, 10:08:47 pm »
A few weeks ago a friend at school said that he doesn't like metal because he thinks he'll get possesed because of listening to it.

It was only -CENSORED- Power Metal!! It's almost like -CENSORED- Rock 'n Roll!! (Only that it's a thousand times faster and a million times better :fox-:P:)

I hate people like that. Whoever says metal is satanic needs a boot of reality to the head. xD

Also another dumb thing; Katy Perry is part of the Illuminati. Uh... Dark Horse is just a song with an Egyptian themed music video. There's no deeper meaning behind it. So lay off the damn drugs.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 593
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2014, 10:28:55 pm »

I hate people like that. Whoever says metal is satanic needs a boot of reality to the head. xD

Also another dumb thing; Katy Perry is part of the Illuminati. Uh... Dark Horse is just a song with an Egyptian themed music video. There's no deeper meaning behind it. So lay off the damn drugs.

Hahahha, I laughed when super religious groups got upset because they found a "deeper meaning" in that song. Like, no, the meanings are all laid out right in front of you. She literally isn't hiding anything, the song is CALLED Dark Horse for Arceus' sake x-x
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2014, 10:32:45 pm »

Hahahha, I laughed when super religious groups got upset because they found a "deeper meaning" in that song. Like, no, the meanings are all laid out right in front of you. She literally isn't hiding anything, the song is CALLED Dark Horse for Arceus' sake x-x

Exactly! I think the reason why they're so freaked out about Dark Horse is because the performance at the Grammy's. Dark Horse is just a song about a girl telling a guy that she's stronger than he thinks. That's all. :/