9 (11.4%)
Country
31 (39.2%)
Rap
25 (31.6%)
Other
14 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Genres you can't stand and why.  (Read 6529 times)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
Genres you can't stand and why.
« on: January 13, 2014, 10:22:19 pm »
Pretty self explanatory.

Rap - I hate what it's become. Don't get me wrong, 90's rap is fucking AWESOME. It's just the modern rap that I hate; nobody cares about how much money or bitches you have.

Country - Most of it's boring and too sappy for me. Exceptions being Johnny Cash, Jerry Reed, and a few other artists I can't name atm.

Most Metalcore, Most Death Metal - This is going to surprise a LOT of people. I don't like a lot of these genres because they just seem too monotone to me. I'm the type who likes melody to music. Now, when it comes to Melodic Death Metal and Melodic Metalcore, that's a WHOLE different ballgame.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Genres you can't stand and why.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 07:46:55 am »
I generally dislike rap, because it's a) very hard to actually understand the lyrics, and b) if you can understand the lyrics, it's always sex and drugs and illegal crap like rape. That, and it's usually extremely derogatory towards specific demographics as well, like black people or gay people (they use f@g way too much). I don't much care for pop, metal, or screamo either. Any time I can't understand the lyrics, I probably don't like it. Slamming drums and screaming indecipherable stuff is not what I consider music.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:44:16 pm »
Well, not all metal is screaming and indecipherable lyrics. Take a look at Iron Maiden and Judas Priest! :lol-fox:

But yeah, I see what you mean, all the "screamy" side of metal I don't like all that much either.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Chiptune Hero

• Heir of Blood
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
  • DROP THE BASS
    • FurAffinity - Scribe_of_Snow
    • Twitter - Scribe_of_Snow
  • Fursona Species: Beaver Alt: Indigo Bunting
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 07:21:42 pm »
Country - Justified. My mother has always listened to it, in the car, at home, ALL THE TIME. I just got so tired of it, that I just don't like it anymore.

Other than that, I love a little of all genres, and dislike a little of all genres.
CH's Song of the Week: "WTF" by Zomboy

"We writers are, after all, inherently selfish: everything comes back to our own words."-- Meg Leder

I'm always up for a fun chat about any subject. Add me o3o
Kik: NeutralGood

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 07:31:52 pm »
um almost nothing. modern pop and country. hate it to death.with pop, i just dont like the tune to most of it and i dislike most country from all the stupid love songs.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:06:01 pm by barkinupyourtree14 »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 07:37:27 pm »
Modern country. So many songs literally sing about the same things as exemplified by this song. It's just so repetitive and shallow and just all around boring to listen to. Like Lacie said, I love artists like Johnny Cash and the like, but country isn't anything like that anymore.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Candies: 287
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 10:00:14 pm »
I dislike most electronic stuff, and the modern rap is just so awful.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline xXAlphaOtakuXx

• Derpalicious Trololol
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Mental state: "Unstable"
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 09:12:05 am »
Modern rap truely (autocorrect almost made me post frisky instead of truely WTF) has gone down a crap ton of morale. Nowadays, there's always the word "f*ck", "b!tch" and the n-word. However, there IS worse genres: Brazillian funk. It's nothing like the "funky" funk. It's basically a beat combined with sound effects and raps about young girls twerking with their hand in the air. And drugs.
Check out my SAO RP in the RP Planning section! :3

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 178
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 09:31:14 am »
The majority of Top 40 stuff. There's some I like, but the majority of it sounds so similar that I can't tell the difference between songs.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 10:58:21 am »
uhh for me it has to be modern pop/rock. i could tolerate it but that died when i was in group of pals who thought it was ok to call my tastes shit all the time heck one of them yelled to my face that.

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 12:56:39 pm »
uhh for me it has to be modern pop/rock. i could tolerate it but that died when i was in group of pals who thought it was ok to call my tastes shit all the time heck one of them yelled to my face that.

Modern rock isn't just bad, it's boring as hell. It pretty much lost the balls it had in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 01:23:25 pm »

Modern rock isn't just bad, it's boring as hell. It pretty much lost the balls it had in the 70's, 80's and 90's.
yeah anything  from 2000 -  onwards fror rock/pop is crap the underground is where all quality ran off too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:25:18 pm by melstrom »

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2014, 02:31:21 pm »

yeah anything  from 2000 -  onwards fror rock/pop is crap the underground is where all quality ran off too.

Agreed... so agreed.

And also, like NightF0x said, I hate most of the Top 40 stuff as well. There's SOME Of it that I like (Katy Perry's new album Prism is AWESOME, for example), but a lot of it sounds the same. And also, I'm really tired of pop songs trying to sound like house music. You know what I mean. Ever hear a song on the radio from a station that plays nothing but mainstream crap, and suddenly you hear an awesome sounding electronic song? SURPRISE SURPRISE, if it's by Pitbull or Usher, or in that vein of artists, it's a pop song trying to be house. -_-

Offline TehBWFerret

• Will do ferret things for dream trip to Japan/UK/Anthrocon
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • Hug every fursuiter! :D
  • Fursona Species: Ferret
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 03:55:46 pm »
Country: I grew up listening to country music; I got sick of it quickly. Don't get me started on new country, all of them have stupid lyrics (srsly? a Happy Meal?).

Rap: Loud, obnoxious and rude. Im nothing like that; therefore, I don't want to listen to music like that.

New Pop: Annoying and auto-tuned to heck. Barely any effort goes into these songs with all the new synthesizers and voice enhancing doodads they have.
It is what others know not about us that allows us to know ourselves.

Icon by Satellite!

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2014, 05:52:51 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQLBZc05NlI

I think Buckley here sums up exactly how I feel about the future of the music industry.

Offline Vincent

• This deer has an insatiable appetite...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 150
  • ... For cookies >~<
    • DeviantArt - aspinonthings
    • FurAffinity - Vincent-the-deer
  • Fursona Species: Deer
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 07:30:48 pm »
Most rap today is absolute crap. It's thoughtless and talentless, and yet these people make millions of dollars doing it. Although I dislike the style of rap in general, a lot of the independent and underground artists I've heard have intelligent and clever lyrics, so at least I can give it that.

Pop. I'm not sure I need to say much more. *shudders*

Modern country is like pop but 10 times worse. You mix the deep south (Which I hate) with pop, and you get the most repetitive, brainless music you've ever heard. I've heard "Chicken Fried" by the Zach Brown Band at least 10 times at the wedding receptions at work, and I can't believe anybody would actually like that song enough to play it their wedding.

(Fun random fact: My stepmom and Zach Brown used to date. If she had stayed with him she'd be rich! :p )

Never stop fighting anything, even if you are outnumbered.
-Banner by Xantera-

Offline CaptainCassidy

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • "If you are going through Hell, keep going." ~W.C.
    • DeviantArt - CaptainCassidy
    • FurAffinity - CaptainCassidy
  • Fursona Species: Pink Fairy Armadillo
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 03:30:22 pm »
Jazz.

There's no particular reason, I just don't like the typical combination of wind instruments found in it, nor most of the singers. I can stand a little bit of it, but I'm very picky about it.
I'm not sure why I don't like it, or rather, where my dislike stemmed from, though. Guess it's just not my thing.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 09:46:38 pm »
Jazz.

There's no particular reason, I just don't like the typical combination of wind instruments found in it, nor most of the singers. I can stand a little bit of it, but I'm very picky about it.
I'm not sure why I don't like it, or rather, where my dislike stemmed from, though. Guess it's just not my thing.
i agree. although, a jazz group came and performed and i liked them pretty well
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline Y U N O

• •••
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
  • ♡♡♡
    • Joenza
  • Fursona Species: Demon
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 02:38:52 pm »