9 (11.4%)
Country
31 (39.2%)
Rap
25 (31.6%)
Other
14 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Genres you can't stand and why.  (Read 6480 times)

Offline Malifor

• Green Level
  • Candies: 73
  • No
    • FurAffinity - malifor2210
    • Tumblr
Re: Genres you can't stand and why.
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 04:03:24 pm »
Rap-Boring
Country-I don't want to listen to a story
Pop-Listen to the radio and see
House-Boring
Older rock-Boring too

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 04:26:48 pm »
My opinions on the listed music:
Rock: Meh, it really, really, REALLY depends. I like soft rock a lot (such as the Script being my favorite band), but I'm not a huge fan of rock in general such as Green Day. So, for rock, I only enjoy soft rock.
Pop: Depends as well... I enjoy Kelly Clarkson, but that's just about it.
Country: It's not something I'd listen to all the time, but I honestly don't think it's that bad? Everyone despises it, haha. I personally don't. It's like that one TV show that you only watch if it's the only thing on for me.
Rap: I only like it when it's not about sex and drugs or extremely stupid with the lyrics. For example, there's one rap song that I can't stand where nearly the whole song is just "hell yeah hell yeah f***in' right". What the heckie is that supposed to be??? Music??? nO.
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Theo

• craftsman extraordinaire!
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
  • dapper stripedog
  • Fursona Species: Badger
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 05:27:52 pm »
Trap music. Look it up if you really must know.
Love the woods.

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 05:44:33 pm »
This little thing called Tribal that is only known in a part of Mexico (and thankfully the rest of the world is spared from this monstrosity). Sadly, I live in that part of the country.

Also, Ranchera and Norteña. The saddest part of these two is that they're considered "true mexican music". The thing I don't like about them is that the singers are always out of tone or they sing as if they were drunk, not to mention that its lyrics talk about getting drunk, having sex and drugs too |:(
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline ___

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 09:47:14 am »
Rock: Since I am a metalhead... ...But to be honest when it comes to rock, the older it is the less likely I am to enjoy it. From what I have heard, a ton of older rock songs are more repetitive than Bowser... some songs repeat the same word or phrases so often... it sometimes makes me angry... That happens in modern rock too, but old rock made it a freaking crime...
Pop: Hah! This genre is so overrated. Has some of the absolute worst artists ever! I like SOME pop, especially 80's pop to be honest. Huh. What a total switcheroo. I like new rock (though it still depends), hate old rock. I hate new pop. Like old pop. How does that even...? If the pop song isn't all about partying and getting drunk... then I might just like it... maaaaybe...
Country: To be honest, I have no real opinion on it. It's just... okay... Since I live in the west, the stuff is all over the place. My biggest gripe with it is that it all sounds the same to me... And it's boring. Very boring. If I can't sleep at night, I flip to the country music station... Should've done so last night; I couldn't sleep at all last night...
Rap: Cancer. Just cancer. There are so few rap songs I actually like that it is my least favorite of he main genres. I am impressed by every rap song that ISN'T about the most raunchy, immature things because they are so effing rare. You know what? If I go any further, I will turn it into a rant...
I am glad dubstep isn't listed. Why? Because it is not music. It's disorganized ear grating noise. It requires even less trying than even modern pop and rap. At least rap and modern pop have SOME semblance of organization!
To put things bluntly... I am very picky with my music...

Offline Ayzure

• Just Perusing.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 62
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2014, 10:06:09 am »
Trap music. Look it up if you really must know.

I didn't realy like it a couple of months ago, but since all I listen to now is EDM it has grown on me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I really dislike pop; it's mainstream and I swear half the songs are melodic copies of older songs. With slightly different lyrics.

Offline Jaze

• Furry forever.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 20
  • The car is just an extension of the pilot.
    • FurAffinity - Nightfury84
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2014, 12:03:58 pm »
I hate rap (excepted Eminem), it's always like "Nigga got style, and nigga got money and whatever the f*ck you want". I hate this. No offense.
Lupus sano in corpore sano.
Xbox live: Jaze Wolfcraig
I really love talking! Add me if you want.

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2014, 08:25:45 pm »
Trance/techno. I used to like it when I was younger, but now I look back at it and it's annoying and repetitive as HELL. I can't listen to a whole trance album because all the songs have that same BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM beat that assaults your ears.

Actually, I just don't like electronic music in general (EXCEPT trap. Trap kicks ass); not only have I FINALLY grown out of it, but it's really overhyped and not as good as everyone says it is.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline guapo

• we can start and finish wars
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 289
  • we're what killed the dinosaurs
    • DeviantArt - teethpunk
    • FurAffinity - benzos
    • Twitter - mcfreaking
    • nice aesthetic!
  • Fursona Species: conepatus semistriatus
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2014, 08:31:47 pm »
country
if you like it, go right ahead

but if we're driving to a convention or on some road trip together and you start to play it, i will get really annoyed really fast
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
the dinosaurs choked on the dust
they died because we say they must

maybe i'll come back later
see ya

Offline Wolf12

• Life is just a dream it's never ending.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 29
  • I'm not okay I'm crazy!!!!!!!
    • FurAffinity - bangwolf
  • Fursona Species: Gray Wolf
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2014, 05:00:45 am »
Rap because some of it is about sex and I don't like the beat it doesn't sound good to me.
All you base are belong to Wolf.
it's in the fine print.

my icon is done by Manicsfan.

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 109
  • Boop
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2014, 09:06:16 am »
Modern pop. Especially songs like "human" and "summertime sadness" just... Ugh. Someone tell me what drugs I need to take to enjoy this (Dont do drugs guys, just... Don't) the whole song just drones boringly for 4-5 minutes. Heck, some go for 7-8 minutes which just makes me want to tear my hair out.
Country: I'm not interested in your boring stories of love and whatnot. Even if it is interesting at least make it more upbeat. I can't listen to a song that would take up two song slots with potential upbeat music

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Candies: 287
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 10:40:39 am »
Rap, some of the older rap is okay, nothing special. But all new rap is just complete shit and is the epitome of all things stupid, dumb, and over credited!

Country, I don't hate it, it's better than rap, but it all sounds the same! If I did not know any better I would probably say every country song in existence is made by the same person. xP

Most forms of electronic music, they just get really annoying.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline Ayzure

• Just Perusing.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 62
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 03:58:33 pm »
Rap: Pretty much what everyone else has said.

Electronic: Yes, a lot of the sub-genres are annoying and repetitive, but there are some decent one amongst them. It's going mainstream as well, entering top 40 charts, which doesn't help...

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2014, 04:03:32 pm »
Electronic: Yes, a lot of the sub-genres are annoying and repetitive, but there are some decent one amongst them. It's going mainstream as well, entering top 40 charts, which doesn't help...

I agree with you. There is SOME electronic I like though (like trap [<3] and a little dubstep) but most of it is really overhyped crap IMO.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Cholo

• Emotional Chilean
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 21
  • deer noise
    • FurAffinity - melted
    • Twitter - meltedcholo
  • Fursona Species: Deer
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2014, 06:00:29 pm »
ITT: Generalizations
Avatar by the memerific vaporwave

B) EMOTIONAL YUNGBOYZ  2014 B(

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2014, 10:13:01 pm »
Post-hardcore.

To me it's just a crappy attempt at punk rock.

Offline Trystero

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 38
    • FurAffinity - trystero
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Belgian Shepherd)
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2014, 11:03:21 pm »
ITT: Generalizations

My thoughts, exactly. cx

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 10:56:00 am »
eh. i listen to almost anything. i dont really have any genres i listen to a lot, just some songs and bands from all over. i dont really like christian stuff though.
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline ryanknut

• Candies: 2
    • DeviantArt - ryanknut
    • FurAffinity - ryanknut
    • Twitter - ryanknut
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 11:40:29 am »
Pretty self explanatory.

Rap - I hate what it's become. Don't get me wrong, 90's rap is fucking AWESOME. It's just the modern rap that I hate; nobody cares about how much money or bitches you have.

Country - Most of it's boring and too sappy for me. Exceptions being Johnny Cash, Jerry Reed, and a few other artists I can't name atm.

Most Metalcore, Most Death Metal - This is going to surprise a LOT of people. I don't like a lot of these genres because they just seem too monotone to me. I'm the type who likes melody to music. Now, when it comes to Melodic Death Metal and Melodic Metalcore, that's a WHOLE different ballgame.
I don't like country, because its all boring and annoying; some rap is fine, though I dislike a lot of it; classical is just plain boring; and death metal is just not my genre.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 07:11:59 pm »
I really can't stand Rap. The genre reminds me of a horrible person shouting, like an incessant bully, often in a monotone. And sometimes rap's bad language is just not acceptable listening. On hearing I either switch off the radio, or tune to another station.