Author Topic: Thoughts on Disney's animated film Frozen.  (Read 3271 times)

Offline Aces, The Femboy Princess of FT!

• The One and Only
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 32
  • And so we dance the night away once again...
    • The SCP Foundation
  • Fursona Species: fennec fox femboy Princess
Re: Thoughts on Disney's animated film Frozen.
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 05:46:11 pm »
interesting fact: FROZEN is the most seen animated movie so far: Outdoing Toy Story and Finding Nemo combined...

SAW IT MYSELF AND F###### LOVED IT!
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/it
"I have served with many great personnel over the years as my time as a Foundationer. I have seen O5's come and go, only to be replaced. I have seen uprisings. I have seen downfalls. I have seen brotherhoods and sisterhoods fracture before my very eyes... We Secure. We Contain. We Protect. We die in the darkness so that humanity may live in the light. May we live on in peace and harmony. And let's show mercy to the fallen heroes of yesterday."

Science for the Science Gods!

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 09:04:48 pm »
Looks like I get to be that guy. I didn't like it. The plot was fine(somewhat cliche, but fine), the animation was good, the characters were enjoyable enough, and sometimes the jokes made the corner of my mouth twitch a little.

But the music, oh god the music, completely and utterly ruined the entire thing for me. The only good song in the entirety of the movie was the somewhat famous 'Let it go' one, I don't know it's official name. As for the rest of the songs, I literally had to step out of the room because I was so irritated by them.

Final rating: 3.5/10
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline BlizzardTheAngelDragon

• The Furry of Many Faces
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • "What is normal, really?"
    • DeviantArt - EmmaK1999
    • FurAffinity - BlueWolf77
  • Fursona Species: Primary: Folf, Seconday: Angel Dragon
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 06:02:26 pm »
I loved Frozen. It was funny, sad, adventurous, and a great ending. ^w^
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr.Seuss
"Never bet against me being stupid" - Fry
"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a highly functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock
"Wibbly-wobbly Timey-wimey....Stuff." - 10th Doctor

~~Profile pic by FurChild on FA!~~

Offline MemeLordtheThird

• Cookies: 3
  • I am a happy little rodent living in your attic.
    • DeviantArt - TimeTuneSpoon
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 10:22:00 pm »
I thought it was pretty good. I saw it the day it came out with a good friend before she flew back to her home....ALL THE WAY in Korea. So I get a nostalgic feel when the songs play. The animation was crisp and refreshing. Very pleasing to the eye, I might add. I didn't know it was a musical until I saw it, since the very first commercials didn't really represent it properly, but I was pleasantly surprised, even though I generally dislike musicals. I give it a solid 4 out of 5. I would've given it a 5, but the plot is just a little to fast paced, and the characters seem a little well "frozen" with their emotions sometimes.

Offline PyroKitsune

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Agent Firefox at your service!
  • Fursona Species: Hedgewolf (Hedgehog/Wolf hybrid)
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 09:15:32 pm »
It was okay but nothing for the internet to gush rainbows of memes over like it has been doing. I did have a problem with the fact that it had to change PART OF THE PLOT TO FIT "LET IT GO". I think that's problematic for ANY movie.
Avatar commissioned by dendropsyche on Flight Rising!

Offline Left the Fandom

• Goodbye
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 22
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 10:18:03 pm »
I generally thought the movie was overrated. There is only two songs I enjoyed through the movie and the storyline was very predictable. The animation was top notch though. I'll give this movie 5-10
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Nyah

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 04:10:43 am »
Let it go

Im sorry ;c (i hate that song, no offence)

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 109
  • Boop
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 06:20:03 am »
Just forget about that movie already... Its like... SOOO last year

Offline Ayzure

• Just Perusing.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 62
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 11:50:07 am »
I haven't seen it, probably won't. I feel the music was it's downfall for me. Constantly hearing some year 7's sing the one about building a snowman all the time in class got on my nerves just a tad.

Offline Dragon's Daughter

• Orange Level
  • OI! YES, I'M BARKIN' AT YOU, YOU NINNY!
    • DeviantArt - periwinklelioness
    • FurAffinity - periwinklelioness
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2014, 07:47:32 pm »
Angry Russophile, you get a cookie for being an Angry Russophile XD (your my fav today). I agree everyone kind of...Over did it...But I am really getting annoyed by the whole "female power" theme in like...Every new Disney movie ever. Only girls can enjoy movies now because of this, and boys are kind of left out of the equation....I mean, I'm a chick and I love movies with a male hero WAY more than movies with a female hero. The Lion King. Flash Gordon. I can take them...Seriously. We got our rights a while ago, just....Drop it...We get the point.
I'm really not the type to squeal at boys ... Or gather up my skirts...

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 09:52:42 pm »
The age old quest for young children, and, in particular, girls to love and support each other is given first place in this film. The film work is spectacular and gorgeous. The animated characters come alive, and my gap favorite is Olaf.   The storyline is superb, and this film is certainly one of Disney's best. My 4 year old daughter Juniper and I just loved it.

Me, I was absolutely impressed by the visual aspect of this film, the clever dialogs and that incredible "Let It Go" song made me realize just what an impact this film has on our children.

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2014, 11:25:17 pm »
I loved Frozen, I saw it when it first came out before all the hype, I didn't have high expectations for it given all the terrible previews disney put out centering around Olaf and Sven but wanted to see it anyway because Idina Menzel was in it and I'm a huge fan of her, and well I was blown away by the film, it most definitely had flaws but the storyline was just amazing and I'm not really talking about Anna's quest to find Elsa but Elsa's storyline throughout the film, her relationship with her sister and all the underlying meaning of the film that revolved around her, I don't want to elaborate too much on it in this post because it would be way too long but if you want me to explain what I'm talking abou pm me and I'll explain. And Idina was amazing as always, especially while singing Let it Go
I give it a 9.5/10

• Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Ayzure

• Just Perusing.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 62
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2014, 09:46:16 am »
Well it seems I did manage to watch it after all. It was alright, only I think the story itself was a little, meh. It felt as if there wasn't really much going on.

Offline Voltz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 306
  • Fursona Species: -
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2014, 01:29:06 pm »
I thought the movie was alright when I saw it. Not really a fan of the songs, but they did seem pretty popular afterwards.
  • Pronouns: -

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 10:52:03 am »
Angry Russophile, you get a cookie for being an Angry Russophile XD (your my fav today). I agree everyone kind of...Over did it...But I am really getting annoyed by the whole "female power" theme in like...Every new Disney movie ever. Only girls can enjoy movies now because of this, and boys are kind of left out of the equation....I mean, I'm a chick and I love movies with a male hero WAY more than movies with a female hero. The Lion King. Flash Gordon. I can take them...Seriously. We got our rights a while ago, just....Drop it...We get the point.

Then you are the only girl I know that thinks this.

I think you need to take a good look at the world around you, sweetie. "We got our rights a while ago" is not an accurate statement. Women are viewed as lesser than men. We get paid less, we get sexually harassed, and there are some places where women can't even work or go to school.  Little girls are told they cant do things because "It's for boys". Why can't a girl be a super hero or be a fireman or any traditionally "masculine" things? Why does she need a prince to come save her?

She doesn't. But we don't tell that to girls. All our fairy tales have the prince come save the day, or our books have the girls life completely change because she meets a boy. That's sending the wrong message.

We need "female empowerment" things like Frozen because it shows us that family is important, that women are strong, and brave, and smart enough to do things without a man because we are.

Also, boys are not "left out of the equation".  There are way more movies/video games/tv shows with male protagonists., and in a lot of them, the woman is only there for the man to fall in love with, or as a sex symbol.

Do you think that's fair to us women?

Let's talk about some of my favorite things really quick.

The Princess Bride. Yes, it's hilarious. It's also a male protagonist coming to save the "damsel in distress" so to speak. It's quirky, and fun, and I love the relationship between the two characters. Buttercup isn't the brightest crayon in the box but she says some really good things to Humperdinck. I wouldn't jump to use this as an example of "female empowerment" though.

Now let's talk about an example of "female empowerment". I'll use Frozen, since that's what the topic's about.

So Frozen. The main characters are two sisters who aren't really close, because the one kept pushing the other away. When the kingdom Froze over, even though her sister hadn't been there for her, Anna still went and tried to help her. Why? Because she loves her sister, and you're supposed to help family. Anna was completely selfless and brave, and in the end, it was her love for her sister that saved everyone.  The male characters were there to help, but romance wasn't the main plot. In fact, there was very little romance at all.

Which I really liked because it deviates from the same old plot with movies with female leads. Ever seen Sleeping Beauty? Girl falls in love with the guy, girl gets cursed and sleeps, guy saves her.

Snow White? Jealous queen, girl in danger, guy saves her.

Oklahoma? Guy wants girl but so does other guy. Guys fight over her, one guy dies, guy gets girl.

Twilight?  Completely about boy drama but I dont wanna get into that but the guy ends up changing the girls life and they end up together.

It's all the same. Take a look at your favorite movies, your video games, look at the girls and how they're shown. Look at their personalities, their outfits, all the ways they're portrayed.

Also look at the news once in a while.

Then come back and tell me we don't need movies with "female empowerment".
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

• Orange Level
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 11:17:44 am »

Then you are the only girl I know that thinks this.

I think you need to take a good look at the world around you, sweetie. "We got our rights a while ago" is not an accurate statement. Women are viewed as lesser than men. We get paid less, we get sexually harassed, and there are some places where women can't even work or go to school.  Little girls are told they cant do things because "It's for boys". Why can't a girl be a super hero or be a fireman or any traditionally "masculine" things? Why does she need a prince to come save her?

She doesn't. But we don't tell that to girls. All our fairy tales have the prince come save the day, or our books have the girls life completely change because she meets a boy. That's sending the wrong message.

We need "female empowerment" things like Frozen because it shows us that family is important, that women are strong, and brave, and smart enough to do things without a man because we are.

Also, boys are not "left out of the equation".  There are way more movies/video games/tv shows with male protagonists., and in a lot of them, the woman is only there for the man to fall in love with, or as a sex symbol.

Do you think that's fair to us women?

Let's talk about some of my favorite things really quick.

The Princess Bride. Yes, it's hilarious. It's also a male protagonist coming to save the "damsel in distress" so to speak. It's quirky, and fun, and I love the relationship between the two characters. Buttercup isn't the brightest crayon in the box but she says some really good things to Humperdinck. I wouldn't jump to use this as an example of "female empowerment" though.

Now let's talk about an example of "female empowerment". I'll use Frozen, since that's what the topic's about.

So Frozen. The main characters are two sisters who aren't really close, because the one kept pushing the other away. When the kingdom Froze over, even though her sister hadn't been there for her, Anna still went and tried to help her. Why? Because she loves her sister, and you're supposed to help family. Anna was completely selfless and brave, and in the end, it was her love for her sister that saved everyone.  The male characters were there to help, but romance wasn't the main plot. In fact, there was very little romance at all.

Which I really liked because it deviates from the same old plot with movies with female leads. Ever seen Sleeping Beauty? Girl falls in love with the guy, girl gets cursed and sleeps, guy saves her.

Snow White? Jealous queen, girl in danger, guy saves her.

Oklahoma? Guy wants girl but so does other guy. Guys fight over her, one guy dies, guy gets girl.

Twilight?  Completely about boy drama but I dont wanna get into that but the guy ends up changing the girls life and they end up together.

It's all the same. Take a look at your favorite movies, your video games, look at the girls and how they're shown. Look at their personalities, their outfits, all the ways they're portrayed.

Also look at the news once in a while.

Then come back and tell me we don't need movies with "female empowerment".
Boys do get sexually harassed. I wear man pants with flower power shirts and use the best smelling perfumes. I could care less. I'm okay with the whole thing, really. I think what I meant to say was something more like "Why SO MANY at ONE TIME". If they at least made an effort to give each other a bit of time in between each other, or else I get bored of the topic. It's better to release one, giant, monumental film about female empowerment rather than a bunch of them. Then it gets annoying. Do you ever notice how all movies are kind of the same now? Every single movie that's being released is like a modified plot of Ayn Rand's book, Anthem. The Hunger Games, Divergent, The Giver. Dystopian society when either A., everyone's the same and have the same opinions, or B, everyone's split up into different group/villages based on personal preference. The protagonist has a problem with doing the same routine so they start a civil war, we know the drill. We have Tangled, Brave, Frozen, Tinker Bell, ect... Mulan came out a while ago. If it had just been Mulan and then years later, Frozen, I think I would have enjoyed it more. There has to be a time gap for the topic to cool down so that the next film on that topic doesn't feel overdone. The more I see it, the less original it becomes to me. I might go to the theatre and be like "Oh god, not another god forsaken dystopian film"  ( that's a pet peeve of mine). If the cut down on it for a bit to maybe think of something AMAZING in years to come, I'd be less...Grumpy about it. Less is more, as the saying goes.

(Meanwhile has whole album on iPod *embarrass* )
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:24:38 am by Dragon's Daughter »

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 11:42:22 am »
I know men get sexually harassed too but seeing as the topic is women I didn't think to mention it.

Also having read Anthem and a few other dystopian novels I can name several that are not like anthem but that's a different subject.

Also if you wanted to say not so many at one time, you should have just said that. I get it's your opinion and I can see where you're coming from with the "everything in moderation", but I would like to respectfully disagree with you on the "we're releasing too many things with female empowerment."

I think it's great. I remember Mulan bein my favorite movie as a little girl because she was a warrior, and she was so brave and risked everything for her family and country.

I just feel the messages in these movies are important to get out there.

Sorry if I misunderstood your first post but the way you worded it did not imply that you thought there were too many of those kind of movies.
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

• Orange Level
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2014, 06:23:51 pm »
I know men get sexually harassed too but seeing as the topic is women I didn't think to mention it.

Also having read Anthem and a few other dystopian novels I can name several that are not like anthem but that's a different subject.

Also if you wanted to say not so many at one time, you should have just said that. I get it's your opinion and I can see where you're coming from with the "everything in moderation", but I would like to respectfully disagree with you on the "we're releasing too many things with female empowerment."

I think it's great. I remember Mulan bein my favorite movie as a little girl because she was a warrior, and she was so brave and risked everything for her family and country.

Sorry if I misunderstood your first post but the way you worded it did not imply that you thought there were too many of those kind of movies.
I have communication issues haha *sigghhh*... My mother always told me "Grow up to be a warrior b*** (yes, actual words), not a housewife." Which is why I loved Mulan so much. It was executed so beautifully (probably because it was based off of a novel), and was a completely new idea at the time.

• Orange Level
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2014, 06:27:50 pm »

I have communication issues haha *siiigh* I agree. Mulan was a total bada** warrior b**** (as my mother would say to 8 year old me), and so is Anna, in a way...Kind of?... I just think it'd be nice to have a variation on the topic. The two movies I enjoyed about female empowerment were Mulan and Bridesmaides (omfg so funny).

Offline Drakue

• Writer
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • My "Posts Per Day" will never recover...
    • FurAffinity - Drakue
    • Dark Choices
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 12:51:29 am »
I really enjoyed the movie, and like some of you really have distaste for the way the hardcore fans kinda totally ruined the buildup, however I soon found that just enjoying it wasn't enough. I kinda... well, my friends hate me for this, but I thought up this WILDLY UNPOPULAR and REALLY NOT OKAY fan theory on what the movie actually means. >w>

Needless to say, I probably shouldn't post it here.