Author Topic: You should really look at the post date.  (Read 594 times)

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
You should really look at the post date.
« on: February 09, 2014, 11:35:23 am »
Oh god, I finally made it. Probably going to get screamed at for doing this, but it's a peeve of mine and I feel like I just need to say this or else I'll probably blow up.

Please look at the date of the last post before replying to a topic. Some threads are "dead" and have been inactive for years. And then somebody goes along and necroposts it and it becomes a thing again.

But wait, what if it is a good topic?
OK. I'm not saying don't necropost. It is nice to bring up some old topics. What I'm asking is for you to actually think before you post. "Will doing this actually benefit to anything?"

It also sometimes confuses me how threads get necroposted. Some are like, waaay back. Like 50 pages back, OR MORE. It's like you're actually taking the effort to go through pages and pages of old topics here and then post in one.

I also feel like you should say to yourself in regards to nercro'ing some older things, "Has the previous conversation ended?" This sometimes goes for the teen health/debate topics. Some are quite old and were about topics in the past that have ended. Like some being news articles from years ago. Or (which I have not seen in awhile fortunately) art threads; like say somebody posts that they're doing a few freebies from four years ago, and then you go and post saying you want one. There is a good chance that that deal ended long ago, and probably that user does not even go here any more.  And one more additional: Don't necro the new members board. A lot of furs will make a post there and then not use the site much, and necroposts there just get locked.

So this is sort of a rant/PSA, and I'm probably going to get in trouble for doing it. Just use your brain. Think before you post. LOOK at the post date. Yeah, bringing up an old topic is great, and it's better than creating a new thread. But sometimes it is not necessary. Sometimes it is just pointless and annoying. Heart.

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: You should really look at the post date.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 11:51:12 am »
Actually, I'm glad you said this. I've been seeing several necro posts and it's getting annoying to have my updates spammed up by old posts that have been randomly resurrected, especially if it's about a three-year-old YouTube video that has long since been deleted.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.

Offline Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 328
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 12:43:32 pm »
Yah i acidently did this the other day, know i feel like a compleat idiot......sorry.

Edit: oh and i do take the time to go to the 50-70's pages. It's my self given job to did up (cool) old threds...... it's just sometimes someone els necropost a post in "new members" and i forget to look at the date befor i post.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 12:48:04 pm by Faithfulswordsman »
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:44:46 pm »
Yah i acidently did this the other day, know i feel like a compleat idiot......sorry.
Don't feel like an idiot, just look next time before you reply. You're not the only one who's done it recently.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 01:36:30 pm »
By the way, this is not directed towards anyone specifically. So don't feel too bad Faithfulswordsman. It's just a general to everyone thing.

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 178
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 02:55:38 pm »
Although necroposting is frowned upon, it is better than making a duplicate thread. Just wanted to put that in.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 02:58:38 pm »
Yes, the policy of this site always has been, and always will be, it is better to bump an old thread than to start a duplicate.

:lock:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3