Author Topic: Camouflage by Kyell Gold  (Read 602 times)

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
Camouflage by Kyell Gold
« on: February 10, 2014, 12:53:15 pm »
I just found this one story posted on Kyell Gold's website, and it was really good.

The story is about Devlin Muski's bisexual cousin Danilo, who is in France for college. Not long after ring outed and bullied, he accidentally falls into a river and wakes up in the year 1508.

Out of all the stories Kyell Gold has written, this has got to be one of the darkest. People get mutilated and there's even one scene where someone is BURNED ALIVE. It was literally scary just to imagine that actually used to happen in the past.

The rest of the story is still well-put together, and it takes full advantage of the premise. Danilo is enjoyably naive, the side characters are like able, and the villains in this story are terrifying! These guys could totally give Taric from Green Fairy a run for his money! Speaking of which, I also love how the 1508 friends Danilo makes have the same appearance and even the same name as his ones in the present. It's like they're representations of him or variations. And I did feel sorry for them and wanted to know what was gonna happen in the end.

Overall, if you're not one for a bit of ogre or even a couple sex scenes, this probably isn't your cup of tea. But if you're a huge Kyell Gold fan like I am and can get past that, then find it on Kyell Gold's website! It's worth a 10/10 in my book! (So to speak XD)
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline keyblademaster29

• Wolf? Dragon? I'm a Wagon! :D
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Friend me on Fac-... we aren't doing that anymore?
  • Fursona Species: Wolf-dragon
Re: Camouflage by Kyell Gold
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 01:01:25 pm »
I might be a tad bit late posting this here...

Thank you for sharing this!  I've just started into Gold's work and I've been trying to find more of it.  Also I have a question about the story:  Is it meant to be a spin-off of the Out of Positions series?
Reader | Writer | Gaymer
New to the fandom and hoping to meet new people.
My Skype username is Keyblademaster29.  PM me before you add me.

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
Re: Camouflage by Kyell Gold
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 01:08:34 pm »
It's suppose to b a spinoff. The only thing it has to the OOP series is the fact Danilio is Dev's cousin.
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury