Author Topic: Attack on Titan - Series 1  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
Attack on Titan - Series 1
« on: February 16, 2014, 10:25:30 am »
A friend of mine at school got me to watch this although I thought it wouldn't be as good as he said it was.
I was wrong.
First of all the theme tune - It is the best opening tune to a tv series ever. It truly captures the both the story and the personality of the charaters in the brief time it lasts.
Secondly comes the story itself. I feel that saying anything about it would ruin it.
Third and probably the biggest reason is that if a threat that large (excuse the pun) ever rose to wipe out humanity, I reckon that the series reflects the terror and panic that it would cause.

My only problem with it though is I can't decide if the humans are either really short or use a different height system as some of the three to four metre class titans are the same size as the buildings.

Anyway, I cannot wait for series two.

-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline Little Alpha

• He is my peanut butter. I am his jelly.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 126
  • I will make sure you have a howlen good time!
  • Fursona Species: Black and White Huskey
Re: Attack on Titan - Series 1
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 10:35:58 am »
I have heard of the series. I want to watch it. But my friend told me its pretty blood and gore. I mean. I only watched one episode of it and i could not keep my stomach contents down. (FYI, i made it to the bathroom)
You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 06:26:59 pm »
I recently watched the entire series. I give it an 8/10.

The show's artwork is great. Very fluid and great detail put into everything. The music is also outstanding, along with the voice acting. I also really like how they show fear as Aika said; because it's a terrifying threat against humanity. Going back to the art, they show a lot of emotions in the eyes (especially in the first few episodes).

I think the beginning of the series is the best. But then as it gets past mid-season, it gets a little dumb (personally). Because it just brings up random unanswered questions. And the ending is kind of bad- because all those questions don't get answered.

The character development was kind of weird too. I can't spoil anything from it though. But yeah. I hope a new season comes out and soon.

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 406
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 06:37:42 pm »
I have heard of the series. I want to watch it. But my friend told me its pretty blood and gore. I mean. I only watched one episode of it and i could not keep my stomach contents down. (FYI, i made it to the bathroom)
Yeah It's the same for me, If you can't stomach the anime maybe you should try reading the manga since there's less details in the blood and everything that's what I did.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 06:39:07 pm »
It did leave questions unanswered but hopefully they'll be answered in the next series. On a down note I think I have it all worked out, but then again anime series are known for there twists.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline End

• Purple Level
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 07:06:08 pm »
It did leave questions unanswered but hopefully they'll be answered in the next series. On a down note I think I have it all worked out, but then again anime series are known for there twists.
If you're curious about what's going to happen in the anime read the manga. but then that leaves you waiting for the next chapter to be released

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 09:18:46 pm »
Damn, i really should read  the manga to catch up. i totally forgot about this... even after my friend reminded me 500 times >.> Its a pretty good manga/anime, even if its bloody as hell.

Anyone know what the chapter (in the manga) the first series ends on?
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline End

• Purple Level
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 09:49:46 pm »
Damn, i really should read  the manga to catch up. i totally forgot about this... even after my friend reminded me 500 times >.> Its a pretty good manga/anime, even if its bloody as hell.

If you wanna know a bloody anime/manga check out deadman wonderland. That one is totally awesome with an amazing story behind it too

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 09:52:24 pm »

If you wanna know a bloody anime/manga check out deadman wonderland. That one is totally awesome with an amazing story behind it too
That manga was bloody and was awesome (read the whole thing in like a day :P). Have to reread AoT cause i forgot which chapter i was on. -.-

Offline End

• Purple Level
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 09:57:22 pm »

That manga was bloody and was awesome (read the whole thing in like a day :P). Have to reread AoT cause i forgot which chapter i was on. -.-
Ouch that sucks, you should try reading it on mangahere.com they keep track of the page and chapter you least read so that you don't forget

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 10:02:09 pm »

Ouch that sucks, you should try reading it on mangahere.com they keep track of the page and chapter you least read so that you don't forget
... ROFL I USE THAT SITE but its been a loooooong time since i read the updates so its better i just reread to nor forget the plot XD.

Offline Nyah

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 07:41:07 am »
AoT is awesome! The theme tune is amazing!  :fox-;):

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 38
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 06:09:31 pm »
Take The Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones, scramble them together and then turn the zombies into man-eating giants. That would be Attack on Titan in a nutshell.

AoT is awesome! I love the animation, the character development, the drama, the pacing, and the EPiC theme song that I listen to over and over again.

Attack on Titan better have a season 2 soon! :lol-fox:
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 12:13:49 am »
The English voice for the current showing on Toonami is extremely bad.

I watched an episode the other night just because it was on, and I really hate all the voice actors they chose for the English dub. None of the characters sound how they are supposed to be. None of them ever sound truly frightened or scared.

The main female protagonist, Mikasa, has this pretty dark backstory which, without trying to spoil much to those who haven't kept up; keeps her a very very quiet, soft spoken, but loyal girl. And the English voice makes her sound strong and in charge.

I hate hers the most but I also don't like any of the voices. I might just rewatch the Japanese dub.

Offline Shizoph

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Fursona Species: A mix of a golden tiger, a snow leopard and a fox.
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 06:14:28 pm »
I love love love LOVE Attack on Titan.  It's probably one of my top three favourite animes ever~!  :3

Offline Stormy ☆

• He is small like a tiny little baby
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 197
  • I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl
    • DeviantArt - basilbaph
    • FurAffinity - basilbaph
  • Fursona Species: corgi
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 11:27:28 pm »
This is probably the most beautiful, deep, anime I've ever watched with An amazing plot. This show caused epiphanies for me. And the theme is EPIC.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

There he go
☀ I'll brush aside the dim to make way for the bright ☀
my mind 24/7