Author Topic: You Tube & Mozilla Firefox  (Read 532 times)

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
You Tube & Mozilla Firefox
« on: February 20, 2014, 01:06:18 pm »
Since Google took over You Tube, while listening to tracks I frequently get booted off the internet. A Canadian friend of mine complains of the same. Is there a bug on Firefox or, a bug within the recently taken over You Tube that anyone knows of? Because my getting booted off the internet is seriously annoying!

I don't know which version Firefox I have, but I've not experienced this problem before Google took over.

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
Re: You Tube & Mozilla Firefox
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 02:39:05 pm »
I don't have any problems with YouTube or Firefox,  apart from the comments. For some reason it won't let me comment at all unless I allow Google and YouTube to set cookies (and 3rd party cookies) on my computer. :???: But yeah, maybe checking to see flash is up to date? Or maybe you can ditch flash and  watch YouTube in html5. There's add-ons for Firefox that automatically do this for you. :)
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 04:00:41 pm »
It might just be your internet connection because I don't think this is a problem. It shouldn't be at least. I have yet to have it nor have I heard of anyone else that has had this problem.

Does the video just stop playing or does your internet browser actually close? Or do you just lose internet connection?

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 05:19:56 pm »
Nobody else in my family has the same problem, so why me? The video just   stops playing and then my internet goes. Simple as that. And it really   pisses me right off. Might just watch YouTube in html5 and see how I get on.

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • Fursuit SOON!
  • Fursona Species: Main: wolf
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:40:03 am »
I don't use mozilla and if you still have problems try reinstalling it or deleting all apps on Mozilla and re downloading them and if you still have trouble then I recommend google chrome.

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 01:00:07 pm »
I don't use mozilla and if you still have problems try reinstalling it or deleting all apps on Mozilla and re downloading them and if you still have trouble then I recommend google chrome.

Thank you very much for that! :) I have done this just now and all seems to be going very well. However, I will be buying a new computer soon which should be much more satisfactory.
+cookie

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 07:19:04 pm »
Just a quick update, but this weekend I'll be buying an Apple ME294B/A 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display. Mum has their wonderfully powerful iCore7 which she uses in her job. Well, I've been borrowing hers with great joy.

I have had reasons for withholding spending because of a fear of getting into the habit of spending, a trait I dislike in the wealthy elders of my family whom I studiously avoid. But soon this laptop with its wonderful 15" display will also be used for cataloguing photos in my horticulatural business. As for You Tube I don't expect any further problems once I start using this Macbook Pro. Needs must as trhe devil drives, then. :) Thank you everyone for your interest.