Author Topic: Danny Phantom  (Read 613 times)

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 38
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
Danny Phantom
« on: February 22, 2014, 07:58:40 pm »
A long time ago, I remember seeing an episode or two of Danny Phantom, and just shrugged it off. But a while back, I decided to watch almost every single episode and every season. And what do I think?

IT'S AWESOME! That's what I think! I love the animation, the villains, the enjoyable adventures, the humor, and the surprisingly complex characters. I especially like Danny Phantom, who by the way has a really cool design when in ghost form, and how he struggles with his life of a superhero and a teenage boy. I also love how the villains can be intimidating at times, like Plasmius. As for the side characters, they're hilarious! :lol-fox:

The only complaint I have is that I wish Danny Phantom has more than three seasons, which I think is a good complaint.  :fox-:):

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:57:31 pm by Domus Vocis »
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 111
Re: Danny Phantom
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 08:09:19 pm »
I remember watching this ages ago. can't remember that much about it though. I gotta agree though I do remember his ghost form and it was pretty cool :fox-:):

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 02:39:22 am »
I feel that it was pretty mature for a kids cartoon. It followed yet another teenager in school, being kind of a nerd, but also a bit popular time to time. The animation was pretty good too.

Not much to say about the show. I liked it and probably watched all of it.

Offline DakotaLandon

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • I love to cuddle!
  • Fursona Species: canine mix
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:24:04 pm »
I love Danny Phantom! I watched it a lot in 5th grade, but it was still a kids show and I didn't want to get made fun of so I kept it secret. There were bullies, so, yeah. But now I don't care, people grew up and don't hate on kids shows as much. DANNY PHANTOM IS AWESOME! He's so cool. He's like, a hero. He saves everyone, and sacrifices his school work, social life, and sleep just to keep everyone safe, then he goes back to being the awkward boy who gets picked on at school, by the very same people he just saved the night before. He also has to deal with that one girl who has a huge crush on ghost-boy but doesn't give a shit about Danny. His friends are usually supportive, but Tucker is a total ass sometimes. Also, his parents are complete idiots. He has to live his life following orders from idiots and trying to hide his true self from them because they would totally disown him if they found out. Also, he has huge responsibilities, being a hero and all, and his parents don't understand at all, and he can't tell them either. Also, he has to deal with his evil uncle, and his parents have no idea that he's crazy and is out to get their son.
Danni (Danny's half-clone) is also really awesome. I wish she had a bigger part in the show. I also like Jazz, Danny's sister. She can be annoying, but she's really smart and she loves Danny unconditionally. She also goes through the same struggles of living with insane parents, and when she finds out Danny's secret, she is super supportive. She kind of gets in the way and has trouble understanding that her little brother doesn't always need her help, but she has good intentions and understands that Danny goes though a LOT, and she just wants to help him out.
Danny also has AWESOME powers. He can fly, and when he flies really fast, his legs turn into a ghost tail which is super cute. He also has a ghost shield and he can blast people and become invisible and intangible. From the start, he used his powers for good, and he rarely takes advantage of them. He's also just a really cute guy and its so adorable when he's still learning how to use his powers and it keeps getting in the way of his daily life, like when his arm went through his desk or when his pants fell, exposing his boxers to his classmates and teachers. It was only then when his powers were getting him into trouble that he possessed his dad so no one would find out and he wouldn't be in trouble at school. Other than that, he only uses his powers to help others, even though he could use them for other things that would be to his advantage. He has strong morals that only allow him to use his powers when necessary, and in no way would he use them to hurt others or to give anyone an unfair advantage. He is a very strong boy who maintains his cool even during times of great adversity. Same with Jazz. Sam is a bit more normal. Tucker however, is on the other side of the spectrum. He often takes advantage of others and he craves power to the point where he will hurt his friends to get it.
Overall, its an awesome show. Now I want to rewatch it :(
DΩL

Offline PyroKitsune

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Agent Firefox at your service!
  • Fursona Species: Hedgewolf (Hedgehog/Wolf hybrid)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 06:12:23 pm »
   Man,that was a great cartoon! I used to watch it a ton and feel waaay more mature as a few of you said before me. If I had one bone to pick with it,would be that Danny and Sam's relationship is a bit too similar to the main one in Kim Possible.

For anyone who doesn't know,KP followed the adventures of a cheerleader/worldwide crime fighter while she balances school and fighting the baddies along the way. While I can't all the similarities,there is a vid I'll link later on that explains the concept well.

I didn't even notice this flaw until it was brought up in aforementioned vid but tbh, that's my only nitpick,this show was basically flawless like many Nicktoons of the same era.
Avatar commissioned by dendropsyche on Flight Rising!

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 06:23:17 pm »
I remember watching this now. I forgot all about it!
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 05:02:11 pm »
Man I haven't thought about this show in years.
I saw every episode straight from the first night it aired.
Feelsoldman.jpg
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.