Author Topic: Opinions on prom?  (Read 1681 times)

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
Re: Opinions on prom?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 05:10:42 pm »
I'm still only an eighth grader but I'm thinking that when I hit sixteen I'm going to get a fursuit because that's about the age most people stop growing and I'm thinking of going in that, however I'm not sure what kind of hate I would get from my school. I don't know I just want to make it the most memorable night of my life and I wore a fursuit it would make it a million times better.
Don't go to prom in a fursuit.... CRASH a prom in a fursuit or morphsuit
Great, and now I'm thinking of a guy in a purple morphsuit running into prom and flipping over the punch/refreshments table. :lol-fox:
Well... Someone just gave me a genius idea if i'm going alone.
I would totally do that to a prom. but rather get a group of people to dress in the power rangers morphsuits and do that.  :lol-fox:

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
  • Fursona Species: eastern timber wolf
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 06:31:28 pm »
waste of money.

Offline Chiptune Hero

• Heir of Blood
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
  • DROP THE BASS
    • FurAffinity - Scribe_of_Snow
    • Twitter - Scribe_of_Snow
  • Fursona Species: Beaver Alt: Indigo Bunting
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 06:58:08 pm »
Pfft. Honestly, I believe prom will be a waste of my time. Why would I want to dress up for anything that I will be barely invested in? And honestly, I'd be assuming none of my friends are there, and I wouldn't have a date or anyone to bring along, but thankfully I don't need to go. It just doesn't seem appealing to me, though others may have differing opinions.
CH's Song of the Week: "WTF" by Zomboy

"We writers are, after all, inherently selfish: everything comes back to our own words."-- Meg Leder

I'm always up for a fun chat about any subject. Add me o3o
Kik: NeutralGood

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 11:07:40 pm »
I'm still only an eighth grader but I'm thinking that when I hit sixteen I'm going to get a fursuit because that's about the age most people stop growing and I'm thinking of going in that, however I'm not sure what kind of hate I would get from my school. I don't know I just want to make it the most memorable night of my life and I wore a fursuit it would make it a million times better.
Great, and now I'm thinking of a guy in a purple morphsuit running into prom and flipping over the punch/refreshments table. :lol-fox:
Well... Someone just gave me a genius idea if i'm going alone.
I would totally do that to a prom. but rather get a group of people to dress in the power rangers morphsuits and do that.  :lol-fox:
Thinking of how the odds how around 4 other friends of mine will probably not get a date... I think you have just improved on my idea on if i'm going alone.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 77
    • DeviantArt - Scott04069418
    • FurAffinity - JackLionHeart
    • Jack's World of Wonder (tumblr)
  • Fursona Species: Lion
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 12:27:21 am »

No, have a prom where EVERYONE shows up in fursuit/morphsuit. :D
  • Pronouns: For Jack: He/Him/His, For me (irl or non-furry communications): She/Her/Hers

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 12:39:20 am »

OH DEAR LORD THAT'D BE AMAZING!! even better a mixed fandom prom get the furries, the whovans, the Sherlocks, otakus, all of them together and have one giant fursuit/cosplay dance

so anyways getting back on topic, You should go to a prom at least once in your life you don't have to remain dressed up the entire night, if you're skilled enough you may be able to sneak something you feel comfortable wearing, in. regardless if it be a costume or just casual wear.

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 77
    • DeviantArt - Scott04069418
    • FurAffinity - JackLionHeart
    • Jack's World of Wonder (tumblr)
  • Fursona Species: Lion
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 12:57:52 am »

OH DEAR LORD THAT'D BE AMAZING!! even better a mixed fandom prom get the furries, the whovans, the Sherlocks, otakus, all of them together and have one giant fursuit/cosplay dance

so anyways getting back on topic, You should go to a prom at least once in your life you don't have to remain dressed up the entire night, if you're skilled enough you may be able to sneak something you feel comfortable wearing, in. regardless if it be a costume or just casual wear.

ERMAHGERD! Now I want to throw a fandom prom! XD
  • Pronouns: For Jack: He/Him/His, For me (irl or non-furry communications): She/Her/Hers

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 11:30:43 am »

What if... someone organized an open fandom prom for anyone in the graduating year coordinated between school boards allowing all fandom to join... Ok this may be the most brilliant idea i might actually do.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 01:28:27 pm »

What if... someone organized an open fandom prom for anyone in the graduating year coordinated between school boards allowing all fandom to join... Ok this may be the most brilliant idea i might actually do.
I'd like to pre order a ticket :lol-fox:
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 01:52:29 pm »
Senior prom is pretty fun because since you're graduating/have already graduated there's basically no fucks to give. I went stag to my senior prom and spent half the time outside smoking cigarettes and shooting the shit with some old teachers/the principal.
The after prom is really where the fun's at.
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 04:18:18 pm »
I think it's funny when people claim to be too lonely and edgy for prom. Puh-lease, just go. You'll regret it when you're an adult and all your friends are talking about how great their proms were. It really is a once in a lifetime experience.
I'm going to junior prom and senior prom. This year, I'm definitely going with my friends. Next year I'm gonna try to make it as big as possible since it'll be senior year. Only problem is that I don't have a huge group of friends, and the friends that I do have are either huge sticks in the mud when it comes to prom or they'd probably end up going with other people. In the end I usually only have one or two friends that would go with me. :/ Either way, I'll end up going. Might as well.
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 732
  • Candy Corn = Life
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2017, 05:25:33 pm »
I loved prom
I went in a light blue tux haha since it was rave themed I looked sweet in the black light. I still have the top hat since I rented the tux.
Its one of the best memories I have
I went in a limo with a group of people
I danced with a bunch of guys n gals
If your school has a prom then you should definitely go
Its a once in a lifetime experience and you will regret it if you don't
Dont act like you're too cool and edgy for prom. That's just gonna make you miss an amazing experience and free food.
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 68
  • Victory is my destiny.
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Star Warrior
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2017, 06:29:34 pm »
I'd definitely go to a prom if I ever got the opportunity :0 It sounds fun.
Even if I'm socially awkward and I can't dance xD

-snip-
Dont act like you're too cool and edgy for prom. That's just gonna make you miss an amazing experience and free food.
"and free food."

OMG FREE FOOD I HAVE TO GO TO THIS PROM THING AHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: He/him/his (for myself, she/her/hers)

:pumpkin: ~ | My love <3    dA | | AMA    Kytsekeiru info | ~ :pumpkin:

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2017, 06:40:47 pm »
It has been a while since I last posted in this thread, quite a while...

I guess with prom it depends on your social status, group of friends etc. When I went I just met up with a few friends there and we all sat on one table playing card games all night.

If you're not popular, well liked, or even if you don't like dancing - don't go to prom. It's horrible if you go solo.

Sure, proms elsewhere may be better, but I'm just stating what mine was like a couple of years back.
There also wasn't really any food and you had to pay a stupidly high price for drinks.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 123
  • "I am vengeance, I am the night, I am B A T M A N"
  • Fursona Species: Sergal and Vampire bat
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2017, 06:41:11 pm »
Okay prom was lit,

I had a date

All my friends were there + we even had a reserved table

I danced all night, went to the after party until 1AM

They give simple catering food there, it's okay

The chocolate fountain

Only regret is the prom pictures (I'm not photogenic) but don't miss out guys! Just be careful with leaving drinks out, ect. because kids can be sneaky

I thought it was stupid at first but 11/10 do not regret attending-Also no joke had to choose between a PSP and prom

Most people were only there for the after parties and not gonna lie after a few hours later people start leaving cause it does get pretty boring around midnight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

Online Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 80
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 07:21:14 pm »
If my mom will let me I'll go. I saw my oldest cousin, my second oldest cousin, and my third youngest cousin (all girls) go, and I'll be damned if the girl (all if I take a girl to prom), spends $300+ on a dress to impress people. It's a very nice idea and all, but prom has become to much of a pure profit market for companies to attack. The only way I've learned to dance is formally, so that would be the only dance I'd participate in.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site)
ENTJ | Field Marshall | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥

Online Graham

• Shiloh isn't haunted - men are haunted.
  • Candies: 58
  • Shiloh doesn't care.
  • Fursona Species: Werewolf
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2017, 07:35:20 pm »
I'm homeschooled, but a local LGBT group has a big prom event for queer high school kids. I went last year and hated it. The room was too hot, it was overcrowded, and I ended up getting stalked for six months by a girl I met there. I have absolutely nothing good to say about it. Not even free food could redeem it for me.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Fursonas: Graham the moth & Cleopatra the corgi (Suit by Furbakery)
Toyhou.seInstagramCommission InfoTumblr

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2017, 07:56:35 pm »
Life advice from Mystic: GO TO PROM

I didn't particularly like my prom but it was still an experience. I'd 1000000% rather look back and think "wow prom sucked" than "I should have went to prom". I went with some "friends", none of us were dancers so we just looked goofy together. I wouldn't do it again but I didn't regret going. It's a life experience that everyone should try imo
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 585
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2017, 07:57:24 pm »
I've probably said this here before but honestly Prom is great; if you can afford it I definetly recommend you go! I think the problem is people put SO much emphasis on the romantic part of it, when its really not that at all. Its just a celebration of the end of high school  :lol-fox: I went twice (once in my junior year with a senior date, and once in my senior year by myself) and both times were just super fun. Plus, the whole experience (fancy eating, usually held at a nice place, dressing up) is something you might not get to experience again for a while.
So, yes, I enjoyed prom  :lion:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - androsexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist