Author Topic: Titanfall  (Read 480 times)

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • Fursuit SOON!
  • Fursona Species: Main: wolf
Titanfall
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:38:52 pm »
Now I know not everyone can afford their own xbox one and have to wait for the 360 release but I was kinda born with a silver spoon in my hand soo... Here we go!

*note these are my opinions and shouldn't affect your opinion on whether or not you should buy the game on the 25th of March for the 360*

Titanfall is an amazing game that has a lot of potential, yet lacks some of what makes fps games fps games i guess? The game feels great when you play it, it has stunning visuals and the gameplay feels amazing being able to zip around the map jumping from wall to wall dropping on people's head and snapping their neck, but back on topic. The game feels great and flows well from encounter to encounter. The game stays at an almost constant 60 fps and no less except for a few bugs that are being attended to. The game received a lot of criticism when it was anounced that it would only be 6v6 due to the size of maps and the huge titans and what not but the mix of npcs and human players flows nicer then I expected. The AI is smart and at times fun to watch and play with, but it also makes the pvp much more invigorating because they actually pose a threat becuase they can have better weaponry the the average grunt. The one downside is the lack of NPC challenge, the grunts and spectres are too easy in my opinion and it would have been cooler if they gave them more weapons or gave sort of a better mini boss of sorts. The customization is another thing that bugs me, there are eight guns, TOTAL, mw2 alone has probably 30 or more, you can't customize your guy, there are no camos, there are very few perks and grenades, and almost all the guns are very generic, these go for Titans as well because there are only three Titan classes.
And now *sigh* time for the campaign...
The game includes a campaign which I applaud because it is an always online game (I know scary right?) I played through the campaign twice on both sides and let me tell you I couldn't even begin to describe the story to you. The campaign consists of two gamemodes and nine maps (there are 15 maps and 5 game modes) it plays back and forth as different multiplayer games in which characters will pop up in the corner and talk to you or other characters to develop the story, but the game is so hectic and awesome that you barely even notice it and there are no cutscenes or anything so if you miss it you miss the story. Also the campaign does not have branching stories so if you win a game but the story only plays out to the other team winning it will still follow the story by saying "we won, buuuuuuuuuuuuut...." All in all it is a very piss poor barebones campaign that they could have done much better on and should've.
Oh and on a secondary note there are no private lobbies so you can't just play with friends on a map of your choice with custom gamemodes.

This game despite it's down"falls" (hehe you see what I did there *wink wink nudge nudge* oh nevermind*) is a very awesome very gameplay intensive fps shooter that is a first of its kind and deserves respect and credit where credits due.
pros                                                      cons
Awesome gameplay                                 Piss poor campaign
Stunning visuals                                      Lack of customization
Replay able
Awesome new way of playing

Final rating: 8.5/10

*note this is my first game review ever so sorry if I left anything out*
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:41:27 pm by Eclipsethewolf »

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm

Offline Marius

• FT's Otter
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 57
    • FurAffinity - ~marius
  • Fursona Species: Otter
Re: Titanfall
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 02:19:33 pm »
I'd say you were spot on with the review, I picked up my Xbox one not 2 days ago and with titanfall and I must say for my first Xbox game ever I was worth it. Still I'd say for your first review it's very good.
That guy who hasn't got pride colours on his profile.

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Fursuit SOON!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 04:30:54 pm »
Thanks for the feedback!  :fox-:):

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 11:42:22 am »
The hype for this game was pretty intense. But it just failed to deliver. None of my friends ended up buying this, and it had pretty mediocre critic reviews.

Plus, I hate that it has absolutely no campaign.

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Fursuit SOON!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 03:10:28 pm »
I'm not saying that the game is bad... It just isn't as good as I thought it would be.
This game is still very enjoyable and I believe you should still find a time and place to play it, just to try it.