Author Topic: Worst fanbase/fandom?  (Read 8850 times)

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 829
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: Worst fanbase/fandom?
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2015, 09:18:21 pm »
Angel dragons, especially dutch Angel dragons. They're less mature than Tween girls on their period fangirling over one direction :,)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 177
  • STERLING
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2015, 09:22:35 pm »
"I DIDN'T COPY TELEPHONE"
"YOU'RE COPYING TELEPHONE"
"IMA NAME MY SONA CELLPHONE"

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 593
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2015, 09:43:33 pm »
-snip-

Of course not everyone in the fandom is like that, but the fact that they have a unique name puts this into play:
By calling yourself a brony, you are consciously choosing to associate with those people. So instead of being quick to say "not ALL bronies", you could consider just calling yourself a MLP fan and distancing yourself from them. You CAN be a MLP fan without being a brony.

• Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • STERLING
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2015, 10:35:02 pm »
As for me though I didn't know brony had the connotations as sexist.
People like me could just be oblivious to the true meaning of that term.
For all this time I've considered myself a brony, just cause it's the term that was pioneered when MLP became big. I never knew it sectioned a group of sexist people.
Not trying to bash you Panda, just stating my experience on the term brony :)

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 829
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2015, 10:44:40 pm »
"I DIDN'T COPY TELEPHONE"
"YOU'RE COPYING TELEPHONE"
"IMA NAME MY SONA CELLPHONE"
Yes! And then the people who are like
"People who hate on ADs are just jealous, we're too cool for them with their boring normal animal sonas"
"I had my suit made by the one and only Telephoon so now I can't do whatever I want and be a shitty person because my white knights will protect me"

*intense facepalm*

*edit, just noticed the typo but I'm going to leave it, I like Telephoon better
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:49:57 pm by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 593
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2015, 11:07:43 pm »
As for me though I didn't know brony had the connotations as sexist.
People like me could just be oblivious to the true meaning of that term.
For all this time I've considered myself a brony, just cause it's the term that was pioneered when MLP became big. I never knew it sectioned a group of sexist people.
Not trying to bash you Panda, just stating my experience on the term brony :)

That is absolutely fine  :fox-:P: And if you don't know about all that crap that's happened, then you're pretty lucky actually
People can identify as whatever they want, I'm just trying to make the point that the term brony has degraded into something terrible so its kinda impossible to lose the stereotypes surrounding it
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2015, 01:15:37 am »
The Cringe community. Basically, anybody who actively follows and posts on the Cringe Channel and all of the "bad art" blogs on places like Tumblr. Most of the people that post on them are incredibly cringeworthy themselves, are extremely hypocritical and part of me bets that they crap on people because they're horribly insecure in one way or another. Plus I can't stand all of the ableism and other forms of bigotry that comes out of those kinds of communities. Many of them legitimately use autism and other disorders as insults.

SJWs on Tumblr. I can't imagine a more toxic, self-righteous and obnoxious group of people. They act like they're above everybody else, and they treat people in privileged positions as though they're disgusting bigots. Worst of all some of them actually harass, stalk, dox and bully people in the name of a faux kind of social justice.

Pewdiepie fans. I find Pewdiepie horribly unfunny. Even if he is charismatic, I cannot understand how a person can become the most subscribed YouTuber in the world by just playing video games while cussing and making rape jokes in a Swedish accent. But I don't really hate him; I'm aware that he donates a tonne to charity and seems pleasant. I just think there are much better Lets Players out there. However, his fans really are terrible. It's fair to say most of them are immature and it's likely that some of them are 12 years old and under. The way they behave is kind of obnoxious and it makes me cringe remember what I was like as a preadolescent.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Rocko

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 20
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2015, 03:48:57 am »
The Cringe community. Basically, anybody who actively follows and posts on the Cringe Channel and all of the "bad art" blogs on places like Tumblr. Most of the people that post on them are incredibly cringeworthy themselves, are extremely hypocritical and part of me bets that they crap on people because they're horribly insecure in one way or another. Plus I can't stand all of the ableism and other forms of bigotry that comes out of those kinds of communities. Many of them legitimately use autism and other disorders as insults.

SJWs on Tumblr. I can't imagine a more toxic, self-righteous and obnoxious group of people. They act like they're above everybody else, and they treat people in privileged positions as though they're disgusting bigots. Worst of all some of them actually harass, stalk, dox and bully people in the name of a faux kind of social justice.

Pewdiepie fans. I find Pewdiepie horribly unfunny. Even if he is charismatic, I cannot understand how a person can become the most subscribed YouTuber in the world by just playing video games while cussing and making rape jokes in a Swedish accent. But I don't really hate him; I'm aware that he donates a tonne to charity and seems pleasant. I just think there are much better Lets Players out there. However, his fans really are terrible. It's fair to say most of them are immature and it's likely that some of them are 12 years old and under. The way they behave is kind of obnoxious and it makes me cringe remember what I was like as a preadolescent.
So goddamn true. I especially think SJW is worst.

Offline Julum

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
    • FurAffinity - Julum
  • Fursona Species: Main: Lizard Alt: Western Dragon
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2015, 09:59:27 pm »

The most ironic part of SJWs is that they have privilege. Without money/class privilege (they really like to ignore class privilege, which they have plenty of) they wouldn't be able to sit on Tumblr all day and complain.

Offline Sock.

• King of Everything
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 53
  • doki doki!
    • DeviantArt - TheMiniApocalypse
    • FurAffinity - corgBot
  • Fursona Species: Corgi
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2015, 10:34:47 pm »
I personally really dislike most of the fn@f fans. Hey I don't know, maybe they're good people, but when it's everywhere and referenced all the time... I especially don't like the ones who don't actually like the game (the honest ones) but since they're so afraid of getting hate they pretend to like it. Come on, have more self confidence than that. Ohh but the ones who just draw all this fan art just for likes or some bs really gets to me. Mmk, unpopular opinion time: I really hate this game, it's not even scary to me and the squeals gradually get worse so maybe I have a bit of bias with everything i'm saying here. I don't know, I don't care, I really don't like the game and a lot of the fans.
  • Pronouns: Any
Love Is Love No Matter  Who You Find It In.
♂ + ♂ = ♥
♀ + ♀ = ♥
♀ + ♂ = ♥

Avi art

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2015, 11:14:58 pm »
Reddit. I like Reddit but darn can the community be toxic.

Find yourself a niche subreddit and get away from all the clutter.

Offline Saosin

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 46
  • used to be Captain
    • FurAffinity - Jawbones
  • Fursona Species: caiman
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2015, 12:15:30 am »
^ for real n its gotten shitty lately

probs bc its the summer idk
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Offline Bones

• Cactus Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • We didn't start the fire
  • Fursona Species: Bearded Vulture
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2015, 01:52:55 pm »
Angel dragons, especially dutch Angel dragons. They're less mature than Tween girls on their period fangirling over one direction :,)
^This
They're mostly white knights imo and attack anyone who owns one that has like one tiny similarity to telephone
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 406
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2015, 01:08:45 pm »
RWBY fandomI absolutely hate them, there's nothing special about it anymore and they ruined cosplaying along with conventions for me. The anime isn't as good as they say it was either. And the shipping, dear lord the shipping... Just stop it already and enjoy the show for what it is not what it isn't. (¬_¬)

Deadpool fandom Half of those people have never even read a comic I bet you, they just dress up and act a fool annoying people. Seriously, stop.

Offline Spooky Azkre

• Work in Progress
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 254
  • Legend
    • DeviantArt - Afrodens
    • Main Site
  • Fursona Species: 'Kitsune'
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2015, 01:21:17 pm »
I really have no time for fanbases... from what I've seen nearly all of them are terrible in their own special ways.
There aren't very many exceptions. The only exceptions I can think of are the ones that actively force out jackasses, posers, and radicals, or the ones that just don't attract them at all.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:25:55 pm by Tangy Afrodens »
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: They/She/He

Main site --> http://azkre.tumblr.com/

Offline Arkae

• Shoot me for my opinion.
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • Furry Teens is the Second Tumblr.
« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2015, 01:29:29 pm »
I don't like any fandom nor fan base.
It tends to range from just liking something to seriously devout extremism
Whether you're Otaku or Furry, fandoms are similar to religion.
Understandable, but people can take them waay too seriously sometimes.
  • Pronouns: Any.

Offline Oliver, Frosty Dragonboye

• Incandescent Dragon, 60 Watts
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 119
  • Need someone to talk to? PM me!
  • Fursona Species: Furred Dragon
« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2015, 01:35:50 pm »
Meanwhile, in the Sonic "fandom"...

The current state of the Brony community annoys me as well, criticism about the show? You're an awful no life hater troll! We will fix this with " Friendship! " GODNOGETAWAYFROMMEPLEASE ;~;
That and the sexism. It's come to " NO GURLZ ALLOWD >:C " at this point XD

This isn't a fandom, but it's pretty similar.

SJWs or whatever the heck it is. I can't do anything without being oppressive, literally everything you do if you're a white cis male = rape, and they do the dumbest stuff in the name of " Social justice! "  * grumble grumble *
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:50:06 pm by Lance »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Spooky Azkre

• Work in Progress
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 254
  • Legend
    • DeviantArt - Afrodens
    • Main Site
  • Fursona Species: 'Kitsune'
« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2015, 01:51:51 pm »
*gives just about everyone in this thread a cookie*
Keep up the good work...!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I stay away from social medias...
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: They/She/He

Main site --> http://azkre.tumblr.com/

Offline Klovarka

• Lord of quirkiness
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • fluffy doge, ah touché
    • DeviantArt - Klovarka
  • Fursona Species: Doggie (g-shep+corgi)
« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2015, 05:30:44 pm »
Warrior cat fandom. I mean I like the books, but all the annoying people and art stealing and OP characters, and blah.

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • STERLING
« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2015, 09:17:05 pm »
Warrior cat fandom. I mean I like the books, but all the annoying people and art stealing and OP characters, and blah.

THANK. YOU.