Author Topic: Harmless things that scare the CRAP out of you  (Read 7527 times)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
Harmless things that scare the CRAP out of you
« on: April 14, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »
Harmless things. Not like pain, death, vicious animals etc.

Okay so, I feel that this fear is specific to me and me only (unless I inspire people with the horrors I'm about to expose.)

Do you like Dandelions? Are they one of your favorite flowers? Well did you know that Dandelions have a distant cousin from the UK that looks like the national flower of Hell?

Meet the Prickly Sow Thistle, one of the FUCKING SCARIEST plants I've ever seen:

Ever since I was a little kid I have been scared shitless by these monsters. These pricks can grow up to 6 FEET TALL and they're ABUNDANT in California. ESPECIALLY THE EXACT AREA WHERE I LIVE; THE SILICON VALLEY.

A "fun" little story involving one of these FUCKERS. So a few summers ago (back in 5th grade) my brother and my dad were doing yardwork around the back yard and they saw the start of one of these things under my bedroom window. My brother thought it was pretty and so he asked my dad to leave it alone. And he did. About a few weeks later, this thing grew to FULL FUCKING SIZE and it brushed against my window all the time. I remember one morning I woke up, SAW THIS ABOMINATION BY MY WINDOW AND SCREAMED. It scared the hell out of me. So my dad picked it and put it in the compost pile. That isn't the end of my nightmares OH NO. Later that night my brother thought it would be a good idea to burn it in the fire pit outside. When he did, it released the most WRETCHED squeak I've ever heard that still gives me the chills to this day. It's stems curled up and shit and I have to stop right there because I'm getting spine chills. e_e

What's your horror story involving something completely harmless like a scary-ass plant?
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
Re: Harmless things that scare the CRAP out of you
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 08:10:42 pm »
I'd have to say test. Because of all the stress and pressure placed on you to achieve an exceptional score in a subject that'll be completely useless to you later on, and to make your school look good.  DX

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:15:00 pm »
Everyone: "Spiders"

Nothing more needs to be posted here.
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 31
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 08:17:49 pm »
Everyone: "Spiders"

Nothing more needs to be posted here.

i WAS LITERALLY ABOUT TO POST THAT Well here ya go
These things haunt my dreams

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 08:19:22 pm »
I'm literally the only one on this forum that isn't afraid of spiders.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Feather

• alpha dragon
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 30
  • call me skyler!
    • FurAffinity - FeatherSouls
  • Fursona Species: norwegian forest cat
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 08:30:22 pm »
I'd say one of my biggest fears is when drivers let me cross the road. I have this irrational thought that they are letting me cross the road just so that they can run me over while I'm crossing.

(Note: I'm not extremely afraid of spiders. They can make me uncomfortable, but generally I'll try to just bring them outside.)
  • Pronouns: they/them/their

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 586
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 08:51:16 pm »
I'm literally the only one on this forum that isn't afraid of spiders.

I didn't used to be until I had a couple nightmares in a row that I was killed by one D:
I can't think of anything else specific right now, but I'm sure I have some irrational fears
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 10:27:01 pm »
Timed essays are probably the most terrifying things ever for me. Especially the ones we have in AP World History
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Veranty Dragone

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Wanna Rawr? XD
  • Fursona Species: Racing Dragon
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 10:37:43 pm »
Any flying insect makes me react in ways that everyone around me seems to love. XD

Oh and I am terrified of caves on minecraft. There is something so strange about them, it just builds up tension, even though you know there will only be a stupid green blob or something. Still, ugh I hate them. °shivers°
Why do I even bother trying anymore?

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 10:39:35 pm »
This is going to sound like the STUPIDEST logic you have ever heard but... when i am NOT nervous for a test/evaluation.

Lets just say omens/data from myself has shown that i tend to do worse on these evaluations. include the genetic pressure of being asian...
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 10:41:31 pm »
Am I the only one who doesn't freak out before a test?

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 10:42:58 pm »
It depends

When it comes to math yes (i hate math)

Any other subject.. like HISTORY or Gov (have always been my best classes) no :p

Offline Veranty Dragone

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Wanna Rawr? XD
  • Fursona Species: Racing Dragon
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 10:43:31 pm »
Nah it's never bothered me that much. I usually just soke up stuff from lessons, so I'm not scared to take a test
Why do I even bother trying anymore?

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 10:43:52 pm »
nope

I present to you, EVERY SINGLE OTHER STUDENT IN MY SCHOOL WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE WHO TAKE BIOLOGY (its a given right to freak out for those classes.)
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 11:12:43 pm »
nope

I present to you, EVERY SINGLE OTHER STUDENT IN MY SCHOOL WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE WHO TAKE BIOLOGY (its a given right to freak out for those classes.)

I've honestly never had test stress. Whenever I had finals I didn't flip my shit before them. Sure I was stressed with the studying I did but I wasn't like, "OMFG I'M GONNA DIE" like most are.

Now what does scare the crap outta me is doing presentations in front of the class. Freshman year. Drama class. Don't ask.

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 11:15:43 pm »
nope

I've honestly never had test stress. Whenever I had finals I didn't flip my shit before them. Sure I was stressed with the studying I did but I wasn't like, "OMFG I'M GONNA DIE" like most are.

Now what does scare the crap outta me is doing presentations in front of the class. Freshman year. Drama class. Don't ask.

Freshman year is tough..
Every other grade thinks its cool to act like the freshman are the scum of the earth :p
I think being a band nerd and playing solos/performances has helped me with stage fright.
Im never nervous to present.. Except tomorrow i have a tryout for the best band in my school...

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 11:17:50 pm »
nope

Freshman year is tough..
Every other grade thinks its cool to act like the freshman are the scum of the earth :p

OMFG right? When I was in freshman year everyone thought I was a junior or a senior because I was so mellow and mature. People thought it was weird when I said, "Oh I'm a freshman"

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 10:05:21 am »
I'm mighty glad that John Wyndham's Triffids were fiction, then! But in the book that I read when very young, they were still scary.  :lol:

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 02:03:22 pm »
Ever since I watched Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber o Fleet Street, I've grown terrified of razors. I even get goosebumps whenever I shave myself. *shudders*
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 02:08:47 pm »
Elevators. If they count as harmless...

Whenever I get into an elevator in a dream the cable always snaps and I always die. Because of that, I always take the stairs.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)