Author Topic: Alarm troubles  (Read 781 times)

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 31
Alarm troubles
« on: April 15, 2014, 03:14:32 pm »
So i have to wake up at 5 am every morning for school...
My alarm works perfectly but i dont..
Half asleep i turn it off when it starts running and fall back asleep Ive missed so much classes because of this bad habit
Anyone know how to fix this  :blush-fox:

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
Re: Alarm troubles
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 04:01:58 pm »
Get to bed earlier so you don't feel so tired in the morning. Might stop you from falling back to sleep. Set two alarms if you can. I have one which goes off half an hour after the first so I can rest a little long and to wake me up if I drift back into sleep.

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 04:26:23 pm »
You can do what Elvis used to do which was shoot any and all appliances that displeased him
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 04:57:32 pm »
You can do what Elvis used to do which was shoot any and all appliances that displeased him
I seriously hope he acctually did that. :lol-fox: If you was that rich then why the hell not?

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 04:58:30 pm »
I seriously hope he acctually did that. :lol-fox: If you was that rich then why the hell not?
Yes he actually did do that.
A famous story involves him watching television while eating breakfast one morning and a singer he didn't like came on tv. He calmly pulled out a revovler, shot the tv, and said "that's enough of that sh*t" and went out to get a new tv
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 05:15:13 pm »
Get to bed earlier so you don't feel so tired in the morning. Might stop you from falling back to sleep. Set two alarms if you can. I have one which goes off half an hour after the first so I can rest a little long and to wake me up if I drift back into sleep.

Great suggestion... about what time you think i should go the bed :p im a bit of a night owl though

Offline Zenith Decrowe

• Bold as Love
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 42
  • Not a chicken
    • FurAffinity - zeniththecrow
  • Fursona Species: Crow
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »
http://sleepyti.me/  try this X>  i think it works for me
  • Site Donor
And so castles made of sand fall in the sea,
Eventually

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 05:24:14 pm »

Great suggestion... about what time you think i should go the bed :p im a bit of a night owl though
I'm up all night when I know I dont have school so I get what you mean about being a night owl. If you have to get up at 5am. Then go at about 10pm. I would say earlier but I'd doubt youd want to go to sleep that early. Try experimenting. See how much sleep you need so you have the energy to get up in the morning. Now on to what I do. When you wake up you just want to go back to sleep. I set my alarm an hour early before I need to get up. So I can wake up and just rest there for an hour. If I do fall back to sleep then my second alarm wakes me up. It's just good to have some time to relax after you wake up.

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 05:25:09 pm »

Cool ive never thought of sleep cycles before

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 05:27:38 pm »

I'm up all night when I know I dont have school so I get what you mean about being a night owl. If you have to get up at 5am. Then go at about 10pm. I would say earlier but I'd doubt youd want to go to sleep that early. Try experimenting. See how much sleep you need so you have the energy to get up in the morning. Now on to what I do. When you wake up you just want to go back to sleep. I set my alarm an hour early before I need to get up. So I can wake up and just rest there for an hour. If I do fall back to sleep then my second alarm wakes me up. It's just good to have some time to relax after you wake up.

Im going to use your idea too im going to set one for 5 and one for 5:30 (i dont need to go till 6:20 anyways i just like being able to casually get ready to go)

# 100 posts YEH!

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 06:41:53 pm »
So i have to wake up at 5 am every morning for school...
Woah... you have to wake up much earlier than i do (and people call me crazy for getting up so early sometimes)

Anyway, something i do that helps me get my lazy @$$ out of bed, Put your alarm clock (in my case, i use my phone) at the furthest possible location from your bed. Also make sure that you change the ringtone of the alarm, if that is possible, to some annoying sound/song that you don't want to hear. Make sure to change the sound often because you dont want to get used to your alarm (the sound, not the time)
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 09:47:08 pm »
I think some of this has already been said, but I'll say it again to add support for it xD

Try to sleep for an interval of 90 minutes. I've heard from multiple sources that a sleep cycle occurs in 90 minutes, and you'll feel much more awake and refreshed if you wake up at the end of a cycle instead of in the middle of one. If you want I can find and link a source, I'm just too lazy to right now.

Also, try putting your alarm clock somewhere where you will have to stand up out of bed to turn it off. I do this, and it has helped me wake up quicker and easier.

Finally, you could make a "waking up" playlist on your iPod or something and turn it on as soon as your alarm goes off. That way the music could help you stay awake, and maybe even make you want to stay awake.

Hope something here helps :lol-fox:
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 04:45:59 am »
Trouble is at night we can't switch off. But we can make the effort to hit bed earlier. Keep a sleep diary and every night make note of your earlier bedtimes. This will take effort.

I wake at dawn every day, even at times when not working. I'll pad down to the kitchen and make a brew, go back upstairs and check on my little girl. Your body will eventually get used to waking earlier. Just one problem though. When it's raining and you're in a nice toasty cosy warm bed and you don't wanna get out.  :lol-fox:

Offline Ayzure

• Just Perusing.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 62
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 04:56:22 am »

Offline Timo

• Yesh? Do you realize you just wasted 3 seconds reading this?
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
  • Nothing to say, oh wait I did just say something:D
    • DeviantArt - Timocool
    • Twitter - TimOOownsyou
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 09:27:06 am »
  Set more than one alarm, I like to do that too. And get used to going to bed earlier, that's the best way as your body gets used to a new sleep cycle. You have to kick that "owl" habit.
   I used to stay up till 1-2am years ago, but once high school began in, and I had to take my O'levels, I realized that I needed to stop staying up late. Furthermore I took up cycling as a sport, hence I started going to bed significantly earlier because I need to wake up at 5am to go and have an early morning practice while the sun has not come out, otherwise I will be steamed to death in the 33 degrees celcius, 85 degree humidity climate.
       Or if you feel like finding a fun and cool way to actually wake up, get one of those funky special alarms which require you to do something special to actually switch them off, search for those alarms on goodle and perhaps get one.
We once made fun of a very strong guy in our school (my buddy as well), saying that he had a 200kg barbell which would drop on him in the morning and he had to bench press it back up in order to switch off the alarm  :lol: 
What is a committee? A group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary.
-Mark Twain-

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »
Have a gander at this  :lol:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zEH5GxPNO8

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 586
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 03:52:55 pm »

Holy cow this is great, thanks for the link! <3 I've heard about those sleeping cycles before but have never really done much regarding them =P
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 10:57:42 pm »
These really helped especially the duel alarms one made me get up:-)

Offline Timo

• Yesh? Do you realize you just wasted 3 seconds reading this?
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
  • Nothing to say, oh wait I did just say something:D
    • DeviantArt - Timocool
    • Twitter - TimOOownsyou
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 11:47:43 pm »
Yeah, dual alarms are quite effective. Back when I had to take my graduation exams, I set 10 alarms within a 20 minute range to make sure I would not fall asleep.

Now However my body has gotten used to getting up at 7.20ish am without any alarms.
What is a committee? A group of the unwilling, picked from the unfit, to do the unnecessary.
-Mark Twain-