Author Topic: Music as a career  (Read 845 times)

Offline Left the Fandom

• Goodbye
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 22
Music as a career
« on: April 25, 2014, 04:39:19 pm »
Who here is a musician that wants to either write and/or play music as a career? I plan on becoming a video game composer.
Here is a link to my Musescore page http://musescore.com/sheetmusic?text=Tuba-Man32 I'm currently writing a new score.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:12:26 pm by Maestro Winterwalk »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 328
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
Re: Music as a career
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 04:57:51 pm »
I'd like to but I'd have to work for a orchestra or game designer because I to play the ocarina but I'm only good when I have written music.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿

Offline Uncle-Noob

• Am I going to fast for you?
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 42
  • My age exceeds your IQ. . . Significantly.
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 11:55:17 pm »
I'm not going into music, but my sister is. She plays trumpet and she's really good. She'll probably be famous one day.
Still confused? Then perhaps this will enlighten you!

Middledistancerunner. I managed to save just a little bit of money. You and I can both get jobs, and we'll finally see what it means to be living.

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 02:17:17 pm »
I'd like to but I'd have to work for a orchestra or game designer because I to play the ocarina but I'm only good when I have written music.

Ooh, another ocarina player! <3

I don't plan on going into music but I love singing. I play the ocarina on occasion too.
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »
Thinking of starting a band or going solo/one man band.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 11:08:20 pm »
Seems like the most likely career choice for me at the moment. I currently produce electronic music and will probably continue to do so for many years under a wide variety of genres. I see myself doing collabs and forming band-type collab groups online (under different names). I'll probably be composing some piano music in the next few years as well. On top of this, I hope to be involved in a band someday.

Since it relates to what I am currently doing, I have been trying to learn as much as I can of the technicalities of electronic music. Learning the physics of sound in general and the different ways of audio synthesis. I tend to be more satisfied with the idea of an end result rather than the process, so I run into difficulties often.

I'm not really sure what (specifically) I would be doing in the music industry, but I hope it works out.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Nyah

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 12:08:18 am »
For me it seems like an obvious career to go into.
I'm interested in all instruments (mainly guitar), and have
enjoyed playing and creating music my whole life!
If i could choose i would probably go into game design.

~ Nyah

If i wasn't able to become a musician (for some weird reason) i would do astronomy  :fox-;):

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 12:44:43 am »
If i wasn't able to become a musician (for some weird reason) i would do astronomy  :fox-;):

Wow, what a coincidence! I was pretty sure that I wanted to be an astronomer for most of my life. I was interested in almost all aspects of the cosmos, but mainly the outer solar system including the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud. However, about 2 years ago I decided that astronomy was not a job that I would be apt for. Most of my desire was just idealism. I love to discover new things, but intensely analyzing data and writing research papers are not things that I want to do on a daily basis. I find more satisfaction in 'expressing myself' and creating content (like music) that influences people in the same way that others' content influences me. Music is something that I have been interested in for an even longer time so I think I will pursue it.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Nyah

• Red Level
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2014, 05:44:39 am »

Wow, what a coincidence! I was pretty sure that I wanted to be an astronomer for most of my life. I was interested in almost all aspects of the cosmos, but mainly the outer solar system including the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud. However, about 2 years ago I decided that astronomy was not a job that I would be apt for. Most of my desire was just idealism. I love to discover new things, but intensely analyzing data and writing research papers are not things that I want to do on a daily basis. I find more satisfaction in 'expressing myself' and creating content (like music) that influences people in the same way that others' content influences me. Music is something that I have been interested in for an even longer time so I think I will pursue it.

^^ Very well said :3. I would just love to explore the solar system and the outer solar systems that are around our own. Finding new amazing planets is really intriguing to me! But analysis (i find) very fun as well!  :fox-;):

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 178
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 01:14:15 am »
I'd love to get involved in the music industry somehow. I really want to start my own label up, but I'm not sure how possible it is.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 31
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 02:41:20 am »
One of my considerations is being a professional trumpet player c:

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2014, 02:36:58 pm »
I think if you are really excellent at playing a musical instrument and intend a career in music, then getting an agent would be wise.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2014, 02:47:58 pm »
I'm currently starting a band with two of my friends. If we make it big then great, if not then meh.

I'm currently doing sound engineering at school and I'm enjoying it, so I'm considering doing audio recordig and mixing as a career.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline Ghorvuil

• A world of sheep fall to a pack of wolves....
  • Red Level
  • An apple a day keeps death at bay. -Myself 2013
  • Fursona Species: Red-wolf
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2014, 12:50:43 am »
I have played guitar for 10 yrs now, and am starting up a band with 4 of my friends at school.
Like ourselves i replied; and they see only their own shadows, or the shadows of one another, which the fire throws on the opposite wall of the cave? - Plato's Allegory of the Cave, Socrates.

Offline Mister_Twiddles

• The lurker
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 29
  • More fun than a kitten covered in cocaine!
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 03:38:52 am »
I have been playing guitar on and off for about one and a half years, planning to make a band with two of my friends.  Right now we're all finding our own musical styles and quirks.

I've also been playing trumpet for about three years, and could either compose or play in a symphony, not entirely sure.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
You'll need to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants!

Discord: Mister_Twiddles#6928

Hit me up, I'm bored!