Author Topic: Anyone had experience with meeting their Long distance partner?  (Read 422 times)

Offline AussieDax

• Photographer, car nut, gamer, con goer and professional turn off and on againer
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 55
    • FurAffinity - animosus5
  • Fursona Species: Vaporeon
So in 43 days from now, my girlfriend, who lives in Oregon, will be taking the 30 hour trip to Western Australia to live with me for us year. This is obviously a first for me, and I have no real idea on how it'd going to go, while I have met online friends before, this is obviously a very, very big deal.

So, for those that have. How did you make the time pass when it was getting closer and closer? And How was it when you met?
  • Flag - britain
Add me on telegram @daxthevaporeon

I'm from Perth, Western Australia but now live in London UK!

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 77
    • DeviantArt - Scott04069418
    • FurAffinity - JackLionHeart
    • Jack's World of Wonder (tumblr)
  • Fursona Species: Lion
Re: Anyone had experience with meeting their Long distance partner?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 03:20:38 am »
I met my girlfriend online and we've been messaging and/or Skyping pretty much every day since we met. We have only really been together in person a handful of times but one thing that has struck me is that we are way more awkward in person than we are on message or Skype call. We've gotten progressively more comfortable being together in person but we're still not nearly at the physical level of closeness that we have achieved through verbal and textual communication. It's understandable, because we have far more experience talking than anything else, but it can be a bit frustrating because it feels like it should be easier. What I'm getting at is, don't be surprised if it's kind of awkward at first. It gets easier. Good luck, man! L=
  • Pronouns: For Jack: He/Him/His, For me (irl or non-furry communications): She/Her/Hers

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 12:12:03 pm »
Well, I never met any significant other while I was actually dating them. However, there was this one guy who I only dated for a short time, but then we broke up, didn't talk for years, then randomly talked again. He visited me one weekend at college and it was quite possibly the best time in my life. It was a little weird at first since like, we didn't even talk for years beforehand so we caught up a lot. There also was not much to do since I'm in a boring town. We mainly just watched movies. Hah, it was a bit boring and I really hope to do it again one day though.

There was another guy, a fur who I was friends with for a long time, and this time I actually did talk to him. He also visited another weekend. Once again, we didn't even do much. We played TF2 on our computers >..>

Anyway, it will be pretty weird at first. In my case, extremely awkward because I'm terrible in person. (Like how flirting does not work on me). But you get used to them pretty quickly. And you're also extremely happy the entire time.

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 178
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:45:21 pm »
So in 43 days from now, my girlfriend, who lives in Oregon, will be taking the 30 hour trip to Western Australia to live with me for us year. This is obviously a first for me, and I have no real idea on how it'd going to go, while I have met online friends before, this is obviously a very, very big deal.

So, for those that have. How did you make the time pass when it was getting closer and closer? And How was it when you met?

Well considering my bf (ZENITH IF YA DINGUSES DIDN'T KNOW THAT ALREADY.) is going to school with me, last year was a huge deal for me. I basically tried occupying myself over the summer while waiting for him to come, and when the day came it was AMAZING. There may be a first few hours or days of shyness, but you'll definitely warm up and realize that it really is them and feel really good they're there with you.

tl;dr  Basically keep yourself occupied  and when the day comes you'll be the happiest person ever. Good luck!
  • Award - Beta Tester