Author Topic: Yellow Highlighted Text  (Read 442 times)

Offline Uncle-Noob

• Am I going to fast for you?
  • Green Level
  • Candy: 42
  • My age exceeds your IQ. . . Significantly.
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
Yellow Highlighted Text
« on: June 04, 2014, 08:49:27 am »
I'm not sure at all where this topic would be, so here it is. 

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but whenever I open up Furry Teens, there are always some words that are highlighted in yellow.  They have some kind of link to them, and are just plain annoying.  I don't know if I have a computer virus or not, but I need some help to stop it.

It's annoying the hell out of me.
Still confused? Then perhaps this will enlighten you!

Middledistancerunner. I managed to save just a little bit of money. You and I can both get jobs, and we'll finally see what it means to be living.

Offline Malifor

• Green Level
  • Candy: 73
  • No
    • FurAffinity - malifor2210
    • Tumblr
Re: Yellow Highlighted Text
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 12:15:31 pm »
And does those links and or popups lead to completely irrelevant shopping things? Because from what I'm getting at, it is a virus. Not a big and scary one but just a small nuisance. I'm guessing the infected file is somewhere around whatever internet browsing program is , for example mines would be somewhere within my Google Chrome files. I'd really recommend for you to get Malewarebytes The free version obviously, and instead of letting it do a full computer scan (although that would really help) it's a bit of waste of time but it's easier and you should to this option and or you can select it to scan specifically the internet browing program you're using and including the documents associated with it. (It's more complicated but if you can do it sure) When you're done you can you can just press quarantine selected items and hopefully the virus would be gone, and if not feel free to run it all over again. ^^

Offline Adrian G.

• Full-Time Aperture Laboratories Test Subject
  • Orange Level
  • Candy: 5
    • DeviantArt - saxlover98
    • FurAffinity - saxlover98
    • Twitter - @adrianthehusky
    • My Personal Website
  • Fursona Species: Husky
Re: Yellow Highlighted Text
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:25:32 pm »
It might be an installed extension causing that. In whatever web browser you use, find some sort of menu that shows you installed extensions, and disable any you don't know what they are until the problem stops. Just make sure to refresh the page each time after you disable each one to see if that did it. When you find the offending extension, uninstall it (there should be a button near where you disabled it). A good tip too is to to install the AdBlock extension (AdBlock Plus for Firefox, and just plain AdBlock for Chrome) so you don't see any ads anywhere, on any site.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Avatar drawn by @AvantoFolf on Twitter
The FT Steam Group:

My Profile: