Author Topic: Watchdogs  (Read 669 times)

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • Fursuit SOON!
  • Fursona Species: Main: wolf
Watchdogs
« on: May 29, 2014, 12:26:19 am »
Again as a disclaimer:
"This is a semi-biased review and should not influence your purchase of the game"
Just a note I am ~halfway through the campaign
This is based of the xbox one version

Watchdogs received a lot of hype as it's marketing campaign was funded, this got me along with mor then half the world excited for this game beyond limits. Sadly the game did not live up to its hype, however it's still an awesome game.
Gameplay mechanics
The game introduces many new and some old mechanics that blend to together to create an awesome experience. Of course there's the hacking which flows smoothly in the single and multiplayer games, there is no need for an over elaborate way to trigger hacks, it's just pressing/holding the X button when it shows up which is really nice when in stealth. The game also blends hacking with it's stealth as previously stated. There are several stealth missions and independent stealth areas like bases that you an hack into at anytime, it has a very cool way of giving you several different ways of sneaking into these bases, for instance you could go in guns blazing hack the system and have a loud cop chase. Firefights ain't your thing then you could get a good vantage point and hack in entirely using cameras and hacks, either way it provides a boat load of fun.
The game also has some cool gameplay mechanics I would like to get into. First off the guns feel very good when using them like they could actually pack a punch unlike in games like halo where your using pea shooters, on the xbox one controller the triggers vibrate quite violently which makes you want to stop after short bursts of fire, and make prolonged firing sequences quite tough to maintain accuracy and your finger bones. The only complaint about gameplay I can think of is the driving, I do not enjoy the driving very well. Most of the cars you drive have no weight to them, while you have some cars that handle like your always driving on ice which is very challenging.
The game also allows you to use digital trips to take you to a whole other game when you get bored (4 total.) One of them which is personally my favorite you get to pilot a spider mech and just destroy everything, it's dumb fun but gives you something to do when your bored or tired.
Multiplayer
Multiplayer is a very enjoyable experience that I play almost all the time. There are a few game types available to you; free roam, decryption (capture and  hold), hacking into someone else's game, and races. Free roam is your simple, team up with buddies and just goof around, decryption can be either team based or free for all where your goal is to get the information and keep it away from other hackers and not die  you can also hack into other people's games where you try to steal info without them noticing, this blends into your single player experience seamlessly, then there are races which if you couldn't tell from my view on driving, it isn't very fun.
other
The game also has some annoyances
Every now and then the game will drop to 10-15 fps for 20-30 minutes at a time and sometimes it is very hard to play. Other than that i haven't found any more bugs or major annoyances except for a few times when a door wouldn't open in a mission and you would have to restart. Other than that this is a great game and provides many new and interesting ideas to the gaming industry.

Verdict
Pros                                          Cons
Great innovative new game        A bit buggy
Provides fun new ways to play    Driving isn't up to par
Great gunplay

P.s. I'm half asleep so I'll correct all the bound to be spelling mistakes tomorrow when I get some rest  :fox-:):
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:54:15 am by EclipsetheWolf »

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm

Offline furrylover64

• Lover Of Dragons And Canines!
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 0
  • WOOF! RAWR!
    • FurAffinity - furrylover64
  • Fursona Species: WolfDragon
Re: Watchdogs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 07:25:47 pm »
What "IS" Watchdogs???
I Love Furry Tails!

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 07:49:47 pm »
After playing it I would say that's about right. Good review! :lol-fox:. One thing I can say is online free roam is hilarious! I told my friend to pick me up, he refused and sped off down the street. I just blew up his car will a steam pipe. The hacks make the free roam so great. He tried to chase me down and I just hacked a train to make my escape. And hey want to go back into single player? No problem! There no loading screen from free roam.

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »
*Sighs* And I'm just sat here waiting for new drivers and the upcoming patch. I haven't even gone through the first time setup yet!
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline furrylover64

• Lover Of Dragons And Canines!
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 0
  • WOOF! RAWR!
    • FurAffinity - furrylover64
  • Fursona Species: WolfDragon
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 08:13:44 pm »
After playing it I would say that's about right. Good review! :lol-fox:. One thing I can say is online free roam is hilarious! I told my friend to pick me up, he refused and sped off down the street. I just blew up his car will a steam pipe. The hacks make the free roam so great. He tried to chase me down and I just hacked a train to make my escape. And hey want to go back into single player? No problem! There no loading screen from free roam.
Sounds Like Grand Theft Auto
I Love Furry Tails!

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 08:34:37 pm »
Sounds Like Grand Theft Auto
Yep. Nearly all games are like something now. It's don't matter though. The stealth and cover system plays like splinter cell which was good. Only thing I really found bad about it as Eclipse said was the driving.