Author Topic: Spanish Final Project  (Read 530 times)

Offline Wolfgang Husky

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 11
    • FurAffinity - Gatsby_J_Husky
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky
Spanish Final Project
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:21:08 am »
So for my AP Spanish final project I need to do a creative project. I choose to do a 1000 word story, and set it up in novel form. Of course it needs to be written in Spanish, but I need help developing a plot. My basic idea to to have an alternate universe where everyone is a humanized animal, and the story revolves around a Siberian Husky surviving his last year of high school, and having some interesting adventures. I also had a idea to do a novel where a high school student (human) tries to tell his friends he's a Furry, and describe what it's like and the fun things they do in the Fandom. This one seems a littler harder to describe and make 1000 words. Any ideas or advice for choosing which story to do or how to make the story more interesting would greatly be appreciated. Note: it's due in approximately 2 weeks.   Thanks!!!  :fox-:):

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • Cookies: 230
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
Re: Spanish Final Project
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 10:27:43 am »
To tell you the truth, your first idea sounds way more interesting than the second, and it is open to go in many more directions than a story about explaining the furry fandon
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
:redvelvet:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 05:56:08 pm »
I think the first idea sounds pretty good.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline TheFrostedFox

• Call me Frost!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Fluff~
    • FurAffinity - TheFrostedFox
  • Fursona Species: Arctic Fox
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 06:15:23 pm »
Only 1000 words? That's easy! Don't worry! I'm not too fluent in Spanish, but I can advise in storytelling. I like the former story better, but that's just me; choose the story that you can get more out of. I find it best to create a "seed" of characters, their personalities, and an opening situation, and from there write what you think your characters would do. In other words, come up with a few well thought out characters (I find OCs and fursonas fit this role nicely), think of a powerful overall plot, and then write what your characters would do, given their personalities and motives. Often short stories have a moral or underlying theme like vanity (see "The Necklace" by Guy de Maupassant) or dangers of technology (see "The Pedestrian" by Ray Bradbury). Pick a theme, value, or moral that means a lot to you and use the story to develop it. Surely there are many things going on in your life that you can draw from. Maybe situations like drug abuse, unfair punishment, sneaking out to a party, final exams, the usual high school drama. Alternatively, you could explore deeper ideas like loss, identity, or self-worth. In the end, do what fills your head with the most ideas.
 I would advise going for detail, but it's better to have a fully developed plot when you only have a thousand or so words to work with. Make sure the story is solid and well written before adding extra detail.
I hope at least some of this helps! ¬°Buena suerte!
I love a good ear scratch (hint hint).