Author Topic: Over Ear Headphone Help  (Read 568 times)

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 31
Over Ear Headphone Help
« on: June 01, 2014, 01:11:50 pm »
I love skullcandys had one pair for at least 4 years and they were awesome! until they broke :p

Im looking for an amazing pair for at most 80 dollars ..

One thats durable.. Good bass.. And one that has like a vibrant green or blue (not required c: but i really love those nice colors)

One that i can count on not breaking...

Thanks for the help guys!

(they dont need to be skullcandys but thats one of my fav brands c:)

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
Re: Over Ear Headphone Help
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 01:23:42 pm »
Well I have the skullcandy SLYR universal headset and it fits like a dream (thanks Malifor for that! <3) best part is that you can use it for gaming on Xbox, PlayStation, Wii, and computers, along with also for phones and mpe3 players too. Plus they have an awesome design too. Have you tried looking for new headphones on their website? I think they just released a new pair a while ago in those colors you said you liked.

Offline Szop

• cute af
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 34
    • FurAffinity - Szop
    • Twitter - fxSzop
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:31:28 pm »
I survive with my Steelseries headset.
You can usually find them on sale at your local respective tech store around your budget.
I find them okay, you just need to adjust the settings to your own liking.

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 01:40:34 pm »
I'm just gonna say this.

EARBUDS.

FUCKING.

SUCK.

But as for over-ear headphones, I have a pair of proHT (a cheap 15 dollar headset). These headphones are a bit uncomfy after a long while but DAMN is the sound quality good. The bass on these things is so powerful it rattles my head a little while listening.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 178
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 01:43:56 pm »
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFA
Go with the K240s. They are durable, have superb bass response, studio quality, and if the cable breaks you can just unplug the cable and plug it in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDNTB524fy8 Go to 1:55. I'll let Fantano explain why this would be the best 72 dollars you would EVER spend.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 02:10:32 pm »
For the past year I've a pair of Koss Pro4AAT's  They took some running in, they sound amazing and are quiteokkay to wear over long periods. I use them with my FiiO headphone amp for extra clarity and more Dbs. Last year they cost me £60, but are still wonderful value at under a ton of $

Offline Midnight

• Hakuna Matata - No worries.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
  • When pigs fly!
  • Fursona Species: Wolf Thingy.
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 04:34:12 pm »
A good pair of headphones is a good investment to make. I recently got some ATH-M50 headphones from Audio Technica (You can get them for $100 or so if you look hard enough) and simply love them. They have closed 45MM drivers (Makes everything around you disappear along with great bass response) and super soft padding around the cups and the headband. These headphones are studio monitors and because of that are very flat (Every sound is just as the artist wanted it to be.) and may need some kind of bass booster if you want louder bass tones. If you want some more info, please PM me or contact me on Skype.