Author Topic: Business Studies questionnaire homework  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
Business Studies questionnaire homework
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:24:32 am »
I'm doing Business Studies and we have been set the task of creating our own questionnaire for market research of the business we're going to "set up". This is homework and I have to get 10-15 people to fill in the survey ready for next week where we'll use the results in the lesson.
Of course, apart from Facebook, this is probably the only place I can confidently ask the following question:
Will you spend a minute filling it in please? It can be found here - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K99HCZB
This isn't 100% serious by the way, so feel free to make stuff up on it (nothing regarding the person is asked, I'm on about the price part and how often they do this or that etc).
If you want to know the area this internet café will "be", just imagine a small area with no restaurants and just takeaways and convinience stores. :fox-:P:
Thanks!
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Ayzure

• Just Perusing.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 62
Re: Business Studies questionnaire homework
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 11:47:13 am »
Done!

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 12:23:32 pm »
Done. I remember doing something like this in Business Studies as well. :fox-:):. Hope it helps.

Offline Applefolf

• Purple Level
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 01:18:52 pm »
^^ Thanks guys!
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Szop

• cute af
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 34
    • FurAffinity - Szop
    • Twitter - fxSzop
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 04:02:52 pm »
Finished :-)

(20p coffee, one can only wish)

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 05:52:23 pm »
Done, if you read the responses, I'm the one with the super long paragraph with a bunch of questions you might want to consider.

As for the questionnaire itself, its mostly good, but i think that it could have been better expressed with more specific questions. For example, I think for the price range section, you could have added an option of No choice or wont buy because I had to put down a price for something I would not want to buy.

I think a good question that you missed the opportunity to ask is WHY would you want to come to the cafe, as you seem to have an idea as to what you want to incorporate in your cafe, but you seem to be lacking on your idea for a target market.

Sorry for being so picky, lots of surveys were sent out at my school for various things, so i know a lot about good/bad surveys.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Applefolf

• Purple Level
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 06:38:41 pm »
Done, if you read the responses, I'm the one with the super long paragraph with a bunch of questions you might want to consider.

As for the questionnaire itself, its mostly good, but i think that it could have been better expressed with more specific questions. For example, I think for the price range section, you could have added an option of No choice or wont buy because I had to put down a price for something I would not want to buy.

I think a good question that you missed the opportunity to ask is WHY would you want to come to the cafe, as you seem to have an idea as to what you want to incorporate in your cafe, but you seem to be lacking on your idea for a target market.

Sorry for being so picky, lots of surveys were sent out at my school for various things, so i know a lot about good/bad surveys.
I think I'll incorporate the no choice/will not buy part into the survey when I next get a chance to edit it.
Is there any questions you think I could change for the why question? Both survey monkey and the task has limited me to 10 questions maxed.
I'll be sure to read your paragraph too tomorrow.
I respect your points, and so I'll try to be more specific next time. Thanks though!
And thanks to you too Szop. :fox-:P:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 06:40:47 pm by TheLittleRedFolf »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 06:50:01 pm »

I think I'll incorporate the no choice/will not buy part into the survey when I next get a chance to edit it.
Is there any questions you think I could change for the why question? Both survey monkey and the task has limited me to 10 questions maxed.
I respect your points, and so I'll try to be more specific next time. Thanks though!

Question 2 can be removed easily because cafes all tend to have table service except for starbucks/tim's just because of the volume of customers they get. If you ever go to a cafe when its quiet, and they make something you have to wait a short while for (heck even McDs sometimes) You will find that they will bring stuff to your table regardless.

Question 4 is something that isn't really easy to judge, as its more of a question you would ask based on the location of the cafe. You cant really ask it in this kind of survey

Also, for Question 7, You mention earlier on cold drinks, but you don't include it in Question 7 as a choice.

Question 6 needs a bit more specificity (are the computers free? do they cost? do they have games? gaming gear? ect)

IMO, Question 8 should be reworded to "What Coffee shops do you usually go to and why?" because it can give more detail about what specific brands, and show the good points of each kind of coffee shop

Thats all i can think about for now. Sorry for decimating your questionnaire.

Offline Applefolf

• Purple Level
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 06:55:58 pm »

Question 2 can be removed easily because cafes all tend to have table service except for starbucks/tim's just because of the volume of customers they get. If you ever go to a cafe when its quiet, and they make something you have to wait a short while for (heck even McDs sometimes) You will find that they will bring stuff to your table regardless.

[snip]

It's ok. I'll get to work on it tomorrow. Although me being me, I just want to point out I meant actual delivery outside of the café. ;) I'll also reword that tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help!
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 06:57:08 pm »

[snip]

It's ok. I'll get to work on it tomorrow. Although me being me, I just want to point out I meant actual delivery outside of the café. ;) I'll also reword that tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help!
OHHHH
then wording needs to be clearer on that then.

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 08:01:22 pm »
Money was not in rupees. Got confused. Hand stuck in ceiling fan.

Offline Applefolf

• Purple Level
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2014, 01:37:57 pm »

OHHHH
then wording needs to be clearer on that then.
OK, I've edited it as much as I can. I cannot edit the options for question 7 though because responses have already been made. Thanks for your help though!
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Shiro

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • A weird British kid. Best to just move along.
    • Twitter - yamfur
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 03:05:07 pm »
Sorry for the late reply but I had to do the exact same thing a few months ago in business studies. Let me know if you need any help with any of it. :)

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard - Tim Notke