Author Topic: Just a idea  (Read 4896 times)

Offline Marius

• FT's Otter
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 57
    • FurAffinity - ~marius
  • Fursona Species: Otter
Re: Just a idea
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 05:34:15 am »
All things considered and since I currently don't have a PC I think Aika's idea is brilliant. If you want to set it up man and just link, it seems like you have a lot of support with this.
That guy who hasn't got pride colours on his profile.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 10:58:47 am »
All things considered and since I currently don't have a PC I think Aika's idea is brilliant. If you want to set it up man and just link, it seems like you have a lot of support with this.

I'd definetley love to set it up, whether someone else writes for it/runs it whatever. However considering the fact it would be a blog run and made by/for members of this community I think I'd like to ask Natasha's permission to make it an official FurryTeens Blog rather than just a blog named "The FurryTeens Blog" as I feel that would be appropriate considering she initially helped found and continues to help run this site.
And also, I'd need a list of those who would want to be involved and what they would want to write about.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 11:00:34 am by Aika »
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 11:00:17 am »

I'd definetley love to set it up, whether someone else writes for it/runs it whatever. However I think I'd like to ask Natasha's permission to make it an official FurryTeens Blog rather than just a blog named "The FurryTeens Blog".
And also, I'd need a list of those who would want to be involved and what they would want to write about.

I haven't really done any blog posts before, but i wouldn't mind being a writer. I could talk about alot of stuff, but it could go into something more specific if needed.

But yes permission would be good.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 593
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 07:57:59 pm »
Can someone please summarize what's happening with this? Its been kinda hard to follow the plans ^^;
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Cookies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2014, 03:17:14 am »
Can someone please summarize what's happening with this? Its been kinda hard to follow the plans ^^;

As far as I can tell, they want to start a blog.  That's about all I'm certain of.

If y'all are talking about setting up an external blog, my vote is a very large "No", because that's feature #1 for the website, which has resumed active development.  Beyond that, it's up to Panda to decide the policies for something like this, but I'll also mention that an off-site blog raises the same issues that we have with off-site chatrooms getting any sort of official recognition; the difference is that we can very easily set up a blog within the site's domain and infrastructure, while a chat system poses too many technical challenges to be realistic.  Also, as I said, it's already in the works, and it's pretty much at the front of the development queue, so please be patient!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Marius

• FT's Otter
  • Yellow Level
    • FurAffinity - ~marius
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2014, 06:32:26 am »

Sorry for confusing you Panda, I proposed the idea of setting up a podcast but Aika suggested a blog. I was fine with both ideas but it's hard to tell what people would want since every post is "I like this idea!" But haven't defined if they would enjoy a podcast or Blog.

Offline Balteal

• The Guardian
  • Cookies: 0
  • Fursona Species: Folf/Shapeshifter
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2014, 06:16:29 pm »
I'd really like to be a host on the podcast. That would be awesome. It would be cool to have podcast hosts from all over the world. :fox-;):

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2014, 09:09:35 pm »
That was kinda tried in the previous attempts at FTR, and the timezone issues tore the show to shreds. Really, we can't stress it enough- THE TIMEZONES ARE A MAJOUR ISSUE. What is a reasonable time recording in, say, LA is pretty late evening in NY. And in Britain its like 4AM in the morning. So, a simple recording with three members is now impossible. And that assumes they're all free at the same time, which was another issue.
  • Flag - banana
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Balteal

• The Guardian
  • Cookies: 0
  • Fursona Species: Folf/Shapeshifter
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 02:35:02 pm »
Then lets have people in the same timezone record one episode and then people in another timezone record another and so on and so forth.

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 02:48:33 pm »
That breaks down the professionalism and regularity of the show, and opens up a whole plethora of issues, from staff control over an official FT project to the quality of the hosts, and the final product being worth the time and effort that goes into producing it.

Edit: I dont mean to keep shooting it down, I'm all for FTR, but if we want to avoid another failed reboot, these issues have to be addressed and taken seriousely without compromising the integrity of the final show. What is needed is a controlled, planed and structured aproac to this project, and a lot of that may well be experimenting with format and procedure- but what has been suggested so far only diverges very slightly from what was attempted before, and we know that that doesn't work. Time and effort spent carefully planning a reboot will save the show in the long run, keeping in mind that FTR would need to be professionally created and presented to stand any chance of becoming as succesful as certaily I, and I'm sure everyone else, wants to see. So that means structure and regular, familiar content despite the issues mentioned in this thread. And, unfortunately, solving one usually compromises the other.

As of right now, there are no official plans to reboot FTR, but interest in the project can help change that. Kep the ideas flowing, but don't hope for miracles, is what I'm trying to say. FurryTeens has a mission statement to help wherever it can, and the show must comply with that first and foremost. An unproffessional and messy show that is destined to inevitably fail cannot fit that mission. Neither can a rigid, unchanging show that cant be bent easily to fit the international nature of our member base, even if it is successful.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:45:48 pm by Varlen »
  • Flag - banana
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 593
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2014, 11:15:18 pm »
I figure I should formally address this so here we go:
Regarding the blog, let me think about it. I really like the idea, but I'll have to get some input on whether there are any negative aspects to having a user-run but still official blog.

Regarding FTR, I'm not too sure about a revamp. Do I want it? Yes, I think it'd be awesome, and the failed episodes were fun to record and I'm sure they would have been fun to listen to  :fox-:P: I'll admit that I don't know much beyond that, so I'm not really the best at thinking about something like this. But until we can work out the many kinks, its not going to happen. I'd rather wait for a steady stream of good episodes instead of doing a bunch more failed ones, or being inconsistent.

That's not a no, I'm just saying that as it stands, it won't be happening. I WANT to see it happen, which is why I'm leaving this thread open to generate more feedback. There's great discussion here and I appreciate that c: Hopefully we can figure something out, but I ask that you all be patient.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Alsend Drake

• "I'm really feeling it!"
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • We eat ham and jam and spamalot!
    • DeviantArt - DoomedFateAxion
    • FurAffinity - alsenddrake
  • Fursona Species: Dragon or Fox or Raccoon or Chakat
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 11:27:34 pm »
I'd be up to help, if possible.
Patching the roof, and pitching the hay, is NOT my idea of a perfect day.
'Cause I'm extraordinary, I gotta do extraordinary things!

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2014, 02:59:05 pm »
I think it's a pretty good idea.

Offline Marius

• FT's Otter
  • Yellow Level
    • FurAffinity - ~marius
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2014, 03:27:06 pm »
I think it's a pretty good idea.

So true.

Offline Cider!

• Stay Posi~!
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • I'm basically the social outcast of FT.
  • Fursona Species: Fall-Themed German Shepherd
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2014, 04:45:31 pm »
Well, now I'm here again, I'd still be up for doing the blog.
I personally love the blog idea, I'd be willing to help out.

Same here, I'd love to help in any way possible c:
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Theirs/He/Him/His
Check out my music :3 : https://gunshotin.bandcamp.com
https://rejectedcreations.bandcamp.com
Looking for a new band/artist? : http://goo.gl/4BlO0t
Quote from: Cider!
DO YOUR BEST IN CLASS BECAUSE IN HIGH SCHOOL IT WILL SUCK IF YOU SUCK!

Offline Call me Sam for short

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • bottom text
  • Fursona Species: is bat
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 10:59:44 am »
I like the idea. I like liking ideas.
  • Pronouns: No preference
\/^˙‾˙^\/