Author Topic: Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic  (Read 425 times)

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic
« on: June 16, 2014, 10:31:54 pm »
Before anyone asks, I've never played the video game, hell I didn't hear this was based off a game until I started watching this film. So for those who hate it because the film doesn't follow the game completely, don't blame me for my opinions.

Anyways, this animated films follows a knight named Dante, who's come back home from the Third Crusade to discover his beloved fiancee named Beatrice has been killed. Now dead, she has been taken by Lucifer to the depths of Hell in return for his safe journey back. Determined, Dante, along with a spirit named Virgil as his guide, must travel through the Nine Circles of the Inferno to reach Beatrice before she's forced to become Lucifer's wife. However, to do so, he needs to face all the sins he's done and find redemption within his heart.

Okay, I'm just gonna say it: I love this movie. It's beyond dark, and I like dark movies. When it shows gore, it really fricking shows gore! But I don't have a problem with it as it's a really intense story. Another noticeable and unique thing about this film is that for every circle of hell Dante goes into, a different animation style is used along with different character designs. I kinda like it as each one gives its own distinct atmosphere to the story. The music in this is also fantastic, as it matches the action, drama, and even emotion perfectly. The only complaint I can think of are a few rushed moments, and have you ever noticed that most of the time, the lip movements don't match the voices?

Overall, I have to give it a 9.5/10. I had fun watching Dante's Inferno, and I may either watch this movie again, or even play the game :fox-:):

I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Ecilam Nellus

• Green Level
  • Candies: 41
  • I'm a weirdo who does nothing but play with socks.
    • DeviantArt - Two-Weirdos
  • Fursona Species: Arctic fox
Re: Dante's Inferno: An Animated Epic
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 11:22:54 pm »
Before anyone asks, I've never played the video game, hell I didn't hear this was based off a game until I started watching this film. So for those who hate it because the film doesn't follow the game completely, don't blame me for my opinions.

Anyways, this animated films follows a knight named Dante, who's come back home from the Third Crusade to discover his beloved fiancee named Beatrice has been killed. Now dead, she has been taken by Lucifer to the depths of Hell in return for his safe journey back. Determined, Dante, along with a spirit named Virgil as his guide, must travel through the Nine Circles of the Inferno to reach Beatrice before she's forced to become Lucifer's wife. However, to do so, he needs to face all the sins he's done and find redemption within his heart.

Okay, I'm just gonna say it: I love this movie. It's beyond dark, and I like dark movies. When it shows gore, it really fricking shows gore! But I don't have a problem with it as it's a really intense story. Another noticeable and unique thing about this film is that for every circle of hell Dante goes into, a different animation style is used along with different character designs. I kinda like it as each one gives its own distinct atmosphere to the story. The music in this is also fantastic, as it matches the action, drama, and even emotion perfectly. The only complaint I can think of are a few rushed moments, and have you ever noticed that most of the time, the lip movements don't match the voices?

Overall, I have to give it a 9.5/10. I had fun watching Dante's Inferno, and I may either watch this movie again, or even play the game :fox-:):

I'v played the game and watched the movie!
Here's the thing that saddens me a lot.. Nobody every brings up the brilliant (And almost incomprehensibly complex) book by the name of The Divine Comedy.
To be honest I like the movie more then the game.. Well sorta, in relation to the book the movie fallows it better by adding more stuff in from the book (Which if you read it and understood it you would notice is)  Though I had more fun with the game.

So uhh yeah, I'm just gonna say don't read the book unless you wanna test yourself.. This thing is written in such old English even I of all people had trouble reading it.. But I would read the Longfellow translation if you do.. Its the best and most recent..
I'm boring and not boring at the same time, kind of like a sock with googly eyes on it.