Author Topic: Very Confused  (Read 489 times)

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
Very Confused
« on: June 25, 2014, 03:03:59 am »

I'm not really sure what to think about this, but I'm going to assume that it's an accident. I don't recall doing anything even slightly worthy of a warning, let alone a permaban.

The only possible explanation for this is the proxy software that I was using prior to receiving this message. I am forced to use this software because FT is apparently blocked by my ISP (it won't load, and I spent hours trying to work my way around this problem). Currently, I am using a different (online proxy) and have had no troubles so far, reinforcing the idea that my possibly fluctuating IP is the problem.

However, if I have somehow managed to unconsciously troll/spam the forum worthy of a permanent ban, I would at least like an explanation.

Thank you.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
Re: Very Confused
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 06:40:29 am »
I went and checked, and you're very much not banned. He'll, you've never even been in trouble. So, I think this might be a Natasha problem, which may mean holding on and waiting becsuse she is a very busy puppy and can't get online so often, but you definately have nothing to worry about, not that I can find.

I've always wondered what the ban screen is like
 I like how "we're terribly sorry, but gtfo we hate you" it is. Brilliant.

I'm not 100% on how the banning stuff works, but in the screencap it's calling you out by name, but with a proxy you log in just fine? That seems wrong to me, I would suspect an error somewhere, because I would also expect any ban to be applied to your username? I dunno, I'm not an admin.
  • Flag - banana
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 585
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 10:26:05 am »
So, I think this might be a Natasha problem, which may mean holding on and waiting becsuse she is a very busy puppy and can't get online so often, but you definately have nothing to worry about, not that I can find.

I can fix things, you know :P

Yes, I'm assuming its one of your new IPs. I'll check them and can hopefully get this fixed for you soon, sorry about that

Edit: Spoke too soon, I can't figure this one out e_e
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:38:01 am by Panda »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - androsexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 03:25:42 pm »
Thanks for responding! I'm going to be (mostly) away for a few weeks, so it's not that big of a deal. Also, I am able to log on from my phone (cell service) and other proxies. I was just a little shocked when I first saw it! :p
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now