Author Topic: small conceptual proghouse track i've been working on~  (Read 340 times)

Offline Szop

• cute af
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 34
    • FurAffinity - Szop
    • Twitter - fxSzop
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
small conceptual proghouse track i've been working on~
« on: June 25, 2014, 11:49:29 pm »
i've found myself experimenting with a few new sounds and VSTs in frooty loops these past couple weeks.
after about 4 collective hours and 17 cups of coffee, i bring to you a little bit of a preview of what i've been working on.

feedback is always welcome, and is very much needed.
just keep in mind that this track is still far from completion; tuning and mastering are still needed and will be dealt with.

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/13820281/
https://soundcloud.com/fxszop/ground-zero-original-mix-preview-2

hugs and kisses,
~s

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
Re: small conceptual proghouse track i've been working on~
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:30:02 pm »
Hey, this is pretty good! I like it :fox-:): The structure of the song is great, but I have a few points of advice since that seems to be what you're looking for.

If you were going for a chiptune effect, then disregard this, but the square that comes in at 0:50 is a bit abrasive and loud in the high end. Maybe you already did this and I just can't tell, but I think a low pass on that particular channel would be nice. Those frequencies above 10khz can sound unpleasant sometimes.  :fox-:P:

Also, it sounds like you used 3xOsc, so another way would be to mess around in the plugin itself. Personally, I would set the coarse of oscillator 2 one octave lower (-12) and oscillator 3 one octave below that (-24) (but don't be afraid to experiment with different numbers!). This creates a harmonic effect that is more in line with the genre IMO. You can also go to the INS tab and change the envelope (lowering the attack all the way might be something that you'll want), and lastly, the SD knobs (stereo detune) on each osc could also help you.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, except for that the kick drum should have some company. I'm not familiar with the structure of house drums, but there are lots of tutorials on YouTube that could help you liven up the section after the drop.

So yeah, I hope at least some of this helps! Keep it up  :fox-;):

• Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Ayzure

• Just Perusing.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 62
Re: small conceptual proghouse track i've been working on~
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 04:30:25 am »
Sounds Good.

The only thing I'd have to say about it is that at around 1:37 I expected more. Like a bigger drop maybe? (If that's what you can call it)
I thought there would be some massive drum beat and deep loud bass.