5 (20.8%)
:heart::heart::heart:
2 (8.3%)
:heart::heart:
0 (0%)
:heart:
1 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Cayn Xion

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • I hear stupidity is heredical.
The Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:09:38 am »
Gots oblivion for myself in february. not a single day has passed that i haven't played it. Does anyone else have it and what do they think of it?

I wouldn't be surprised if only a few furs here have it because it requires pretty high-end specs. anyways I'm a khajiit (of course) and i'm working on a MOD for myself that edits the khajiit texture to a more cheetah-like look. I've also got the shivering isles and it's awesome.

What is your thoughts on OBLIVION?
"What is it?"
"It's a ... thing."
"Is it?"
"Yes."

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
Re: The Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 01:16:20 pm »
I think it made a few changes from Morrowind that I don't like (like capping magical stats and removing levitation (I loved the 3 second lasting +1000 acrobatics scrolls in Morrowind (right by the starting area, and not overpowered actually (7 second jump that goes waaay up into the sky+3 second duration+gravity=you get the idea)) plus the wind walker scrolls (super fast levitation and invisibility (This was overpowered, but there was only three scrolls in the game to my knowledge, so unless you use god mode you'd only get three minutes of it, and it was a while into the game)))
Other than that, it's the best RPG out there, both graphically and when it comes to freedom of choice. And I am of course a heavily modified Khajiit race called "Morrowind Khajiit" (because they have the same "modifications" the Khajiits had in my Morrowind game), still looking for a mod to get a wolf-like choice though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 10:56:57 am by Aerion »
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Saber Wulff

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Je suis un loup!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 06:38:27 pm »
I love it! It has more quests than I could ever possibly finish. I do agree with Aerion though, I hate them for taking out levitation. I do wish that there was a wolf-like choice as well. Overall it's a fun game and I love it.
"Music is life, the rest is details."
"Never complain. 98% of people don't care about your problems, the rest are glad you have them."
"Livin' for booty and grog!"
"I'm right, you're wrong, any questions?"
"Genius by birth. Slacker by choice."

Offline Heulenkojote

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Moechtet *hic* ihr mit mir singen?
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 10:00:04 am »
I've played it at my buddies house. So siched they made it for Ps3!
Why are entire years strewn on the cutting room floor of memory? When moments from one magic night flash single frame in closeup on the 3D Imax of my mind. Why am I a witness? And when I capture it on film, will it mean that its the end and I'm alone?

Offline Kimouru Hasagara

• Orange Level
  • Beatus vir qui Suffert tentationem.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 04:50:08 pm »
Its fun but I stink :P Anyone have any idea what level I should be to fight the enemies that look like fire-peoples?  Them and the giant lizards kill me in the castle D: Tis EEEEVIL D:  before I couldnt kill all the guys so I let the dude kill them :P I suck, its not my fault..
Beutus vir qui suffert tentationem. Quoniam cum probatus fuerit accipet coronam vitae. Kyrie , Ignis Divine, eleison.
O Quam sancta, Quam serena, Quam benigna, Quam Amoena, O castitatus Lilium.

Offline Victor V.

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 06:56:23 pm »
I have it for my 360, I've played it so much I've started to run out of quests and there hard to find now. I also have like 4 different people, two of which look just like me and one is a level 52 Breton custom class. I wish I could take him online and pwnz some n00bs. >XD
I will steal your soul and use it's eternal pain and anguish to light my desk lamp.

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 10:11:34 pm »
I would make sweet love to Oblivion if it had an online mode.
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Flarecat

• The cat who could code
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
  • Contrary to popular views, the 'net is for cats
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 11:25:56 pm »
I have it, and it hogs almost everything on my computer. Got a fiery red Khaijit, but I don't have time for video games like I used to, so I just put in the cheats. Jumping over hills is fun....when you got like 255 acrobatics skill. I know cheating is bad but I just don't have the interest nor time to play it normally. 

Offline Khelnio

• Red Level
  • I'm a kangaroo ;P
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 05:05:44 pm »
I logged in 100 hours to this game.  Now it just sits in my room collecting dust...
I was that person, I think?

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:53:32 am »
    Oblivion is probably my favorite video game.  At least until Fable 2 comes out.  It's great, but I have a habit of making a new character every day.  Currently, I have a level 3 Wood Elf named Carrot.
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline bbbbbbb

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 22
  • :3
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 12:47:59 pm »
I got it like, 2 weeks ago. It's a really good game, I got countless mods and all. I think it tops Morrowind even if others tend to disagree. But like Flarecat I have to cheat, but mainly because I don't have the patience to play a game fully. Just for the record I play a khajiit vampire.

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 10:34:42 pm »
I think it tops Morrowind even if others tend to disagree.

I've been hoping that Bethseda would do a Morrowind Director's Cut with the Oblivion graphics engiene and AI.  Then Morrowind would kick Oblivion's tail.
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline WolfTeen18

• SS-Sturmann
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 13
  • I'm here, I'm there, I'm EVERYWHERE!
    • DeviantArt - Reichsmann
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 10:46:49 am »
On oblivion for PC theres a direct connect mod for online play but I could never get it to work so bah!

I love this game I had alot of mod on my pc for it but sadly uninstaled it for more space cuz my computer is filled with games I honestly wanna wipe it and start over! Have both add on packs for it!

Hell im going on in installing spree im bring oblivion back!
Your Resident WW2 Reenactor

Interested? PM me! Or Visit www.2ssdasreich.org

Offline Benji Teh Wolf

• Foxxie's puppeh boi
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • I do what i can
    • FurAffinity - nightwolf101
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 02:48:02 pm »
i have it for pc, but due to the laptop i use, i need the graphics way low :( also it ruined my computer i think. i was playing it, the computer overheated, and now the fan doesnt work. im gonna keep playing it anyway but its mean. Ill be honest, i wasnt a khajiit  but i saw a mod where you started the game as a werewolf, so that should explain it. so ya....great game, but ruins computers.

Offline Heulenkojote

• Red Level
  • Moechtet *hic* ihr mit mir singen?
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 10:53:27 pm »
Im getting a new PC so I should get Oblivion soon...I play Morrowind frequently still...
I just got Mehrunes Razor since I have a Nightblade character and sneak skill of 82 so...(stealth kill)

I think its awesome they have horses in Oblivion. Walking around in Morrowind was just horendously boring and got really old after a while. Even with Mark and Recall, trips to the ashlander camps drove me insane.

If they re did Morrowind with Oblivion graphics, Morrowind would most likely be the best Single player RPG to exist...ever.
Why are entire years strewn on the cutting room floor of memory? When moments from one magic night flash single frame in closeup on the 3D Imax of my mind. Why am I a witness? And when I capture it on film, will it mean that its the end and I'm alone?

Offline Benji Teh Wolf

• Foxxie's puppeh boi
  • Green Level
  • I do what i can
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 12:16:14 am »
i wish they would do oblivion as an mmo...that would be amazing

Offline tornwulf

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 6
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2007, 01:12:41 am »
i had morrowind on xbox, i swear i put a month of my life into that game. i haven't gotten oblivion yet, my computer wouldn't be able to handle it.

i have it for pc, but due to the laptop i use, i need the graphics way low :( also it ruined my computer i think. i was playing it, the computer overheated, and now the fan doesnt work. im gonna keep playing it anyway but its mean. Ill be honest, i wasnt a khajiit  but i saw a mod where you started the game as a werewolf, so that should explain it. so ya....great game, but ruins computers.

i'm pretty sure that it was the fan stopping that caused the computer to overheat, not the game. if the computer's on the fan should be blowing, my fan blows without the hard drive in my computer.

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 05:14:55 am »
Anyone who liked Oblivion should seriously check out Mass Effect.
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Benji Teh Wolf

• Foxxie's puppeh boi
  • Green Level
  • I do what i can
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 12:44:17 pm »
i had morrowind on xbox, i swear i put a month of my life into that game. i haven't gotten oblivion yet, my computer wouldn't be able to handle it.

i'm pretty sure that it was the fan stopping that caused the computer to overheat, not the game. if the computer's on the fan should be blowing, my fan blows without the hard drive in my computer.
it was working fine before i was playing oblivion, and whenever i play any game, it gets hot, but never has overheated like that.

Offline Hunter

• Red Level
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 11:06:13 pm »
I was just playing oblivion... hehe... I'm a khajit too... wonder if all furs are :3  Wish the had a wolflike race though... >.>

Also a cool spell for getting peoples dispositions up:
Fortify Speechcraft 100 on self (or whatever it takes to get to 100)
Drain Personality 100 on self (or whatever it takes to get to 0)

Cast the spell (it only has to be like 3 secs) and play the disposition minigame, get it maxed out without bribes, then when the drain wears off it should bump them to 100 :)