Author Topic: How can we break the laws of physics?  (Read 793 times)

Offline Ashton Snowpaw

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • P-play with m-me? p-please?
  • Fursona Species: Fox
How can we break the laws of physics?
« on: July 11, 2014, 06:53:30 am »
I'm bored of life, I'm tired of being a dreamer and feeling like nothing i dream of in fantasies can be achieved.
So, to occupy myself, I'd like to brainstorm some things up about bending the laws of physics.
This can be complete sillyness, because this is "silly" in it's own right.
From blowing up the sun to going to alternate universes, lets discuss!

So what if we researched nano-technology or quantum physics, so we could compress a certain area of molecules to make it SUPER dense and basically make a black hole, then use the friction in said black hole, and harness it into thermal energy and use it on super compressed aerogel or something to create some combustion reaction thrusting a particle passed the speed of light?

If we were able to pass the speed of light, this would open the window to the invention of teleportation, and if we can teleport, I'm sure we could invent some device to teleport between realities and transport ourselves to alternate dimensions/universes. That said we could all live in paradise.

I dont know, just a thought, its absurd and farfetched, but hey, i like crazy lol
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:59:53 am by shards »
Remember, "People are not against you, they are for themselves" - unknown

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
Re: How can we break the laws of physics?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 06:58:53 am »
Take a laser printer and point it at the moon. Then move slightly downward but still on the moon. You just broke the speed of light.

Offline Ashton Snowpaw

• Orange Level
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 07:00:51 am »
but does the laser of the pointer not bounce off the light allowing you to see it? It would be invisible if it is passed the speed of light no? The laser also travels at and angle from the point its emitted, so it travels in a straight line all the way to the moon, and that means that it is not invisible when you move it, the human hands are just not precise enough to move from angle 45.00000001 degrees to 45.00000002 degrees accurately, and even then you wouldn't be able to move your hand faster than light. The laser leaves a tracer in it's presence as well which could bear more meaning than we could possibly imagine.

Just think, to break the laws of physics we have to know everything about it, and when we finally do break it, everything man has learned since the dawn of time will become useless. So it would be logical to not BREAK the laws of physics but to MANIPULATE them, as fragile as they are is it best to just not tamper with the template physics has set for us?

The world also seems pixelated by its own particles, and our "frame rate" is determined by our speed of light, so maybe the universe/dimensions can be described in terms of a computer?
Studies have realized that the human brain only uses around 20% maximum brain power, I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, how can we unlock the other ~80%, and even then, can we increase our maximum brain power? Perhaps telekineses can exist, even more appealing, how about magic? Anyone a fan of alchemy?

Feel free to call me an idiot, as most of this is nonsense it seems.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 07:29:11 am by shards »

Offline ZhenraKhal (Lucas)

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • May the bridges I burn light my way
    • DeviantArt - ZhenraKhal
    • FurAffinity - ZhenraKhal
    • My DeviantArt
  • Fursona Species: Skalebroniir (Draconic Humanoid)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 07:43:50 am »
Sir, you are as much of a dreamer as I am. :P

Offline Ashton Snowpaw

• Orange Level
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 07:47:55 am »
Sir, you are as much of a dreamer as I am. :P

hah! yay! I'm not alone :3

What if gravity is really some other force from a different dimensional plane, and we dont have 100% brain power because it would unlock a "6th sense" and cause us great pain to sense this force?
Gravity IS just a theory after all.

At this point I'm just going crazy, I'm questioning everything, I think I just need to chill for a while.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:05:36 am by shards »

Offline Call me Sam for short

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • bottom text
  • Fursona Species: is bat
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 11:25:01 am »
Always question everything. Unless you're religious.
  • Pronouns: No preference
\/^˙‾˙^\/

Offline Mister_Twiddles

• The lurker
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • More fun than a kitten covered in cocaine!
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 12:25:06 pm »
but does the laser of the pointer not bounce off the light allowing you to see it? It would be invisible if it is passed the speed of light no? The laser also travels at and angle from the point its emitted, so it travels in a straight line all the way to the moon, and that means that it is not invisible when you move it, the human hands are just not precise enough to move from angle 45.00000001 degrees to 45.00000002 degrees accurately, and even then you wouldn't be able to move your hand faster than light. The laser leaves a tracer in it's presence as well which could bear more meaning than we could possibly imagine.

Just think, to break the laws of physics we have to know everything about it, and when we finally do break it, everything man has learned since the dawn of time will become useless. So it would be logical to not BREAK the laws of physics but to MANIPULATE them, as fragile as they are is it best to just not tamper with the template physics has set for us?

The world also seems pixelated by its own particles, and our "frame rate" is determined by our speed of light, so maybe the universe/dimensions can be described in terms of a computer?
Studies have realized that the human brain only uses around 20% maximum brain power, I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is, how can we unlock the other ~80%, and even then, can we increase our maximum brain power? Perhaps telekineses can exist, even more appealing, how about magic? Anyone a fan of alchemy?

Feel free to call me an idiot, as most of this is nonsense it seems.
Actually, about the computer thing, there is something called simulation theory.  It entails a civilization getting computers advanced enough to simulate universes!  So we very well could be one big simulation!  So when we get the technology(if we don't kill ourselves off first)we'll be able to simulate universes as well!  So it's like we're a universe within a universe, and it will just go on.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
You'll need to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants!

Discord: Mister_Twiddles#6928

Hit me up, I'm bored!

• Green Level
  • bottom text
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 12:31:42 pm »
Actually, about the computer thing, there is something called simulation theory.  It entails a civilization getting computers advanced enough to simulate universes!  So we very well could be one big simulation!  So when we get the technology(if we don't kill ourselves off first)we'll be able to simulate universes as well!  So it's like we're a universe within a universe, and it will just go on.

Cough The Matrix Cough
\/^˙‾˙^\/

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
  • Cookies: 332
  • Sushi is mana from Heaven.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 12:43:12 pm »
What I want to do is use a tesseract. Or learn how to manipulate Atoms, do that and you can do anything. After all impossable is just the challenge telling you "I'm possible"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:37:31 pm by Frankiewebs »
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿

Offline 1

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 31
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 12:51:17 pm »
say screw gravity, and slowly float up into the sky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8wqkUOS9d8

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
  • Cookies: 332
  • Sushi is mana from Heaven.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 01:09:10 pm »

If say you can, there's a great chance your right. If you sat you can't, your right.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿

Offline Mister_Twiddles

• The lurker
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 03:26:44 pm »
Manipulate atoms, and become shapeshifter jedi!  My life would be fulfilled!

Hit me up, I'm bored!

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 04:19:21 pm »

If say you can, there's a great chance your right. If you sat you can't, your right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygr5AHufBN4

Breaking the laws of physics would be breaking reality, it is hard to come up with a theoretically sound way for us to break the laws that we have already attempted to break.  :fox-:P: But I just can't think at this time, and I've got that music from the link playing in the background...
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Mister_Twiddles

• The lurker
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 04:30:54 pm »
Black holes break the laws of physics I think... would that mean they possibly lead to an alternate reality? 

Hit me up, I'm bored!

• Green Level
  • bottom text
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 04:51:53 pm »
Breaking the laws of physics would be breaking reality

Then we need to figure out how to get to the Unreality! Breaking reality doesn't matter there.
\/^˙‾˙^\/

Offline Mister_Twiddles

• The lurker
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 05:32:24 pm »
Traverse a black hole!  Reach the other side and BOOM! out goes the rules of this universe!

Hit me up, I'm bored!

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 08:44:27 pm »
Not 100% sure about this, but I think back holes themselves break the currently accepted laws of physics in the sense that they cannot exist. An object that literally punctures through the spacetime continuum implies that the universe (or at least the object itself) has existed for an infinite amount of time. The subjective relativity of time in general may account for the black hole phenomenon in some way that I'm overlooking, but trying to wrap my head around how an object can be created when it has technically always existed is like looking for the meaning of life. It's also really hard to explain things involving time paradoxes, but if anyone has something to add, I want to hear!
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Quin

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • Fursona Species: blue-white Husky
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 08:48:31 pm »
Take a laser printer and point it at the moon. Then move slightly downward but still on the moon. You just broke the speed of light.

No, you will not break the speed of light :) Take f.e. a water hose and turn it on. Spray with it at a target, do the same experiment as with the laser, move it slightly downward but still at the target.

The water travels still with the same speed, it just hits at a different time and a different position.

Same goes with light. Light is fast, yes, but it has to travel as some sort of moving object through the room until it hits the moon. Ergo you would have the same effect as with the water hose.

=> You would see a point that moves across the moon, not correlating to the movement of the laser source :)
On scope!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Fire!

Offline CalmWolf

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • thanks mango for the amazing avatar
  • Fursona Species: ram/wolf
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 03:13:28 am »
negative velocity? how? what implications? would reverse the rotation of electrons causing destabilization? :???:
serene canis lupus

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 11:11:05 am »
Well, our physics are based on the idea that the universe can be expressed as a plain (Thanks Einstein). Theoretically any mass, the Earth for example places strain on this plain, stretches it, because it's sitting on it, like a baseball on a piece of cloth. If we put a large enough weight on this piece of cloth, a collapsed (and so made smaller and more dense) star for example, the cloth breaks through. According to the same theory, there is another dimension, another cloth beneath this one. This hole, that is created, is a black hole. Theoretically, like a drain, mass would gradually make it's way toward the hole, and eventually into it, out of this universe into another. So, black holes, fall well into our physics. Theoretically, time may be a line that runs through each of these dimensions, binding them together. It could very well be possible, that when we enter a black hole, we come out in a Universe exactly the same, except the fact that it is a second prior or later. Our physics, are not fully understood, so you can't say you want to break them, until you're certain that what you want to do isn't already permitted within them.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan