Author Topic: Please HELP; like right now.  (Read 555 times)

Offline Uncle-Noob

• Am I going to fast for you?
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • My age exceeds your IQ. . . Significantly.
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
Please HELP; like right now.
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »
So in a few days I'm taking a summer reading test on the book Gates Of Fire by Steven Presfield.

Can someone give me a detailed summary? I read the book, but I'm having trouble just remembering the book, even when I go over it.  I can remember the characters, like Xeones, Xerxes, Alexandros. . .

Anyway, can I just get like a review here?  Anything at all, from how the guys were killed to why it's called Gates of Fire. (Though I do recall why it's called Gates Of Fire, but if you want to post that go right ahead. Any review helps at all.)

Thanks y'guys.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 06:46:01 pm by Uncle-Noob »
Still confused? Then perhaps this will enlighten you!

Middledistancerunner. I managed to save just a little bit of money. You and I can both get jobs, and we'll finally see what it means to be living.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
Re: Please HELP; like right now.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »
You should in all rights be able to write a summary of the book on the proviso of having read it very thoroughly from the outset, and crucially,  made notes along the way. That is how I used to about things when at college. However, I will point you to join SparkNotes.

http://www.sparknotes.com/

SparkNotes is a worthwhile study community that greatly helps students on a wide variety of academic subjects including literature. Make sure you don't poach summarizations on Gates Of Fire that is already there; your professor will already be well aware.

Do this yourself. It's not an uphill struggle. Reading is fun and engaging as well as educational. Which is what it's all about, and SparkNotes will greatly enhance your experience of this. :)

Offline Uncle-Noob

• Am I going to fast for you?
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • My age exceeds your IQ. . . Significantly.
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
Re: Please HELP; like right now.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 06:49:33 pm »
Thanks AC!  :lol-fox:
Still confused? Then perhaps this will enlighten you!

Middledistancerunner. I managed to save just a little bit of money. You and I can both get jobs, and we'll finally see what it means to be living.