Author Topic: Need help on ACTs!  (Read 584 times)

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
Need help on ACTs!
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:06:56 pm »
I'm not asking for tips on how to study or anything, I'm asking if anyone knows a site where I can practice for it or something. Please? Anybody?
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Malifor

• Green Level
  • Candies: 73
  • No
    • FurAffinity - malifor2210
    • Tumblr
Re: Need help on ACTs!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 09:25:17 pm »
Supposedly your school could provide classes or something similar or an afterschool session on what you really need to know for taking the test, habits, techniques, tips and yadda yadda. So far that's all I know that my high school provided.   

Offline Essie

• Where the fruit at?
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 22
  • No seriously, where is the fruit?
    • DeviantArt - JumperHusky
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky/Batdog
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:46:46 pm »
I bought a big study book with sample tests to practice on, and it helped me a lot. I didn't do any prep online because the internet tends to distract me :P
I know that there are online ACT prep courses available, but I think they charge money for those...
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate."
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Offline VivianTheFox

• =^-^= Vivian =^-^=
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 12
  • Living in the moment
    • FurAffinity - VivianTheFox
  • Fursona Species: North American Red Fox
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 11:30:43 am »
I did find this one  [http://www.4tests.com/act]  though I didn't go all the way through it. I'd just hope it's not one of those ones that you have to pay to see the results.

Was their a specific section of the test you're looking to study?

My Furcode: FCF3ars>CF3acdfmrsw A-->+ C->++ D H+ M- P++ R++ T++++ W Z->+ Sm+ RLCT>E a clnovw++ d+ e+>+++ f h+>++ i++ j++ p- sm+

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 01:31:51 pm »
If you go to the Princeton Review's website, I think you'll be able to find practice tests on their site. If you just search Google for ACT practice tests, you should be able to find quite a few to go through.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.

Offline Feather

• alpha dragon
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 30
  • call me skyler!
    • FurAffinity - FeatherSouls
  • Fursona Species: norwegian forest cat
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 06:06:41 pm »
Just take lots of practice tests. I suggest you get an official ACT prep book, since the tests will for sure line up with the kind of stuff in the actual ACTs. BUT they are also easier so if you get a good score on the practice ones still study and take more because your actual score will almost certainly be lower if you don't.
  • Pronouns: they/them/their

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 10:32:46 pm »
Sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but its relevant.

Has anyone here taken the SAT & the ACT or can talk about their ACT test experience? I'm currently studying for the SAT, but ive recently looked into ACT stuff and it feels to be much easier, and i'm stuck where i have to decide which test to take
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 178
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 01:42:47 am »
The big study books help immensely. Basically the ACT sees how well you handle testing and basic high school knowledge. If you have taken Algebra 2, you will be fine. The test is not overly complicated. The science section is entirely deduction, and the rest is just comprehension. If you live in a state/province that does testing every year, it's almost on par with that. Don't stress it too bad too. You can always take it again. I took it twice and my second score improved dramatically. I say take it twice AT LEAST. The first time lets you see how the test goes.
  • Award - Beta Tester