Author Topic: Summerhill by Kevin Frane  (Read 380 times)

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 38
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
Summerhill by Kevin Frane
« on: September 23, 2014, 08:30:35 pm »
Set billions of years in the future, the book follows Summerhill, an anthropomorphic dog with the ability to travel through time and space, and follows his adventure as he goes from world to world throughout the universe and other dimensions. Kinda similar to Doctor Who (and even has the same tone as it), Summerhill's biggest difference to it is the fact he has no memory of his past, and no idea who or what he is. Throughout the novel, he becomes friends with a human fugitive named Katherine, travels across different planets, meets a mad alien genius named Rykoshi (?), and even forms a (pretty cute yet) bizarre romance with an alien otter named Tek.

As science fictions furry books go, this is a very well-written book that dives into the psychology of our main character perfectly. It also felt like watching 201: A Space Odyssey. It left me with this sense of "Huh." It has pretty dynamic characters, some very good pacing, amazing writing, and an idea that I really found well-executed. If you're a fan of space operas or whatnot, check this out :fox-:): 9/10
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury