Author Topic: Imigration Is complicated...  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Zeth Longtail

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Aber Nein!
    • My DA Account
Imigration Is complicated...
« on: June 06, 2007, 06:02:01 pm »
Ok, who here is an immigrant from another country? If you are, you know how hard it is to immigrate to the US. I hate to move away from Canada, but my mother has a fianc
*My fursona: -Anthro Dragon(Shapeshifter)
-wears collar and tail-strap...
-Color found here, http://blackfox1210.deviantart.com/art/Zeth-2-0-93337840
-has a long tail(Thick and about 1/2 his size, 6' 4")
-digitgrade feet

I'm revoking your right to have a species. You are now an amoeba >.>

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 671
  • Gone for good.
Re: Imigration Is complicated...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 06:33:14 pm »
The UK is far too lax on it's immigration laws imo. However, what your saying doesn't sound too big a deal to me at all...

Offline Zeth Longtail

• Green Level
  • Aber Nein!
    • My DA Account
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 06:53:36 pm »
yes, but where the UK is lax on immigration, the US is more strict than a disiplinarian on drugs with immigration, like I could have enrolled in school in Mass. in December, but the school lied to us just to be safe. and again, compare immigration and visiting and customs(border officers) now to even 10 years ago to get from Canada to US, and there is a whole difference, the states probably trusts Mexico more than its own northern neighbor, and no offence to mexico or the US, but George Bush got warnings of 9/11 and he chose to ignore them, and 9/11 is long gone and Sadam(who was believed to not even be part of 9/11) is dead, so why still have the tight A** security for 6 years?
-digitgrade feet

Offline TheDolphin

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 13
  • Je ne parle pas anglais
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 07:31:01 pm »
Fear.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate...

Hey, did you know if you say "Orange" really slowly it sounds like gullible?

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Cookies: 50
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:58:44 pm »
Everyone in the US is, has been, or is a descendant from an immigrant, except for Native Americans.

My mother was an immigrant, but I don't really know what she had to go through.  Even so, I was automatically born an American Citizen.  I didn't have that much trouble (I assume) to get to the US.

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:57 pm »
sorry, I feel sympathy for you but feel it's neccessary. Open border policies are bad and cause problems. You can immigrate if you want and I'll gladly welcome you, but you have to do it legal so we know who you are and why you're comeing in.
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline AK

• Blue Level
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:33 pm »
yes, but where the UK is lax on immigration, the US is more strict than a disiplinarian on drugs with immigration, like I could have enrolled in school in Mass. in December, but the school lied to us just to be safe. and again, compare immigration and visiting and customs(border officers) now to even 10 years ago to get from Canada to US, and there is a whole difference, the states probably trusts Mexico more than its own northern neighbor, and no offence to mexico or the US, but George Bush got warnings of 9/11 and he chose to ignore them, and 9/11 is long gone and Sadam(who was believed to not even be part of 9/11) is dead, so why still have the tight A** security for 6 years?
Because there are still a whole, whole, lot of people who'd like to see us dead. Not unlike a condom, I'd rather have security and not need it than need security and not have it.

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Zeth Longtail

• Green Level
  • Aber Nein!
    • My DA Account
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 04:15:52 pm »
eh, you have a point there... but you have to admit, the school lying to us saying we had to have a visa, and yet every child has the right to an educational facility even if they are imagrints, i could have been in their right now instead of the racist dump i am currently in!
-digitgrade feet

Offline Commander A

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Örülök, hogy megismerhetem
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 09:23:59 pm »
The only thing about immigration and illegal border crossing is those who cross illegally barely get caught thus 12 million + illegal mexican people living here in the US >.> Has anyone noticed but they can go through our schools and go to our doctors without a social security card yet not get caught...really....though my father was born in europe and came here.....actually back when he came it was a lot easier to become a legal citizen cause of the war going on back then :/

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Cookies: 50
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 12:17:00 am »
Its not only Mexicans.  What about Asians?  Middle-Easterns?
America was founded by immigrants anyways.
When I think about immigrants, I think about jobs.  And in my opinion, as long as they're working, and helping society in some way, then it at least earns them the right to participate in society, or live in America.

IMO, being Legal should be MORE like having a VIP pass to things like benefits, better opportunities, and protection.  Yadda yadda.

And why the heck do Americans complain about immigrants taking their jobs when they're taking the unwanted jobs America has to offer anyways?

Which reminds me of a situation that came up at work.  Pardon me if it comes off as a little racist, but I don't mean to pose it as a joke right now.

I was working at this retail store, when one of my coworkers was passing out balloons.  She had 3 balloons.  A white man and his one child come in and look at the balloons.  They want one, but they don't say anything and keep going.  Right after them, a hispanic mother and her three children come and take the three balloons.  Later, the white man comes back and is angry that his child didn't get a balloon.

I told the coworker that told me this story, "That reminds me of something.  Hmm.  Jobs."

Offline AK

• Blue Level
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 01:34:30 am »
It's not that they're unwanted jobs, I know plenty of people who would be willing to work construction or pick, but they're eluctant to get such jobs because the are likely to not get hired because they expect to get minimum wage and whatever benefits the state requires. Illegals will work for less, and since they're off the books they don't need benefits, they're cheaper. I've no problem with immigrants, but a just walk over the border policy is bad. You need to control the flow so you A) know whos comeing in, and B) don't overload the infrastructure. Just letting whoever wants to walk in with out a check is a bad, bad idea.

And no one ever sad it's just illegal mexicans that are a problem. They are the biggest problem, though, considering the gigantic numbers of them that hop the border everyday.

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 02:14:02 pm »
I don't really know how big of a problem this is, but I'm getting tired of hearing people complain. Someone should either put a sock in the mouth of whoever mentions it, or fix the problem, since when someone living in Europe have to continually listen to people whine, somethings wrong with the problem solving somewhere along that line.
In my opinion, give the immigrants no extra benefits for being immigrants (I don't know if US does that, but Norway gives a lot of money so they can get a house and such), and try to get a system off finding the immigrants once they're inside the country. Only a few people will move then.
As for jobs, well, the legal minimum wage should be the absolute minimum you can get paid legally, and other than that it's just competition for jobs, and is healthy to prevent too greedy people.
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline AK

• Blue Level
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 12:55:07 am »
I don't really know how big of a problem this is, but I'm getting tired of hearing people complain. Someone should either put a sock in the mouth of whoever mentions it, or fix the problem, since when someone living in Europe have to continually listen to people whine, somethings wrong with the problem solving somewhere along that line.
In my opinion, give the immigrants no extra benefits for being immigrants (I don't know if US does that, but Norway gives a lot of money so they can get a house and such), and try to get a system off finding the immigrants once they're inside the country. Only a few people will move then.
As for jobs, well, the legal minimum wage should be the absolute minimum you can get paid legally, and other than that it's just competition for jobs, and is healthy to prevent too greedy people.
minimum wage refers to the legal minimum, and it's not immigrants in general that cause problems, it's the illegal ones because of the strain they put on infrastructure and because a bunch of 'colorful' characters slip in with them. Polling has shown that the majority of the american public (myself included, I'm a big supporter of the minute men), want to try and fix the problem, but it's one of the many case of politicians ignoreing people. We go WALL! They go 'I take no strong position!'

Ron Paul in 2012