Author Topic: Can anyone recommend me a corded mouse, please?  (Read 487 times)

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
Can anyone recommend me a corded mouse, please?
« on: October 29, 2014, 07:51:20 am »
The cursor keeps jumping off the text I am typing, sometimes leaping to the paragraph above. Grrrr, very irritating! I used to swear by corded mice, but went over to cordless for many reasons. Faced now with a choice of hundreds of corded meeces, can anyone recommend me one that has stood the test of time and just keeps on being faithful?

Thanks very mucho!  :)

ETA: I'd prefer not to have a laser mouse. This being because I suspect the laser on my cordless is the chief culprit in moving the cursor.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 07:57:49 am by Access Denied »

Offline Assan

• It is pronounced Ah-San
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 122
  • Beep
    • DeviantArt - Assan Dracomorph
    • FurAffinity - Assan
    • Dungeon Master's Compedium
  • Fursona Species: Golden Dragon
Re: Can anyone recommend me a corded mouse, please?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 07:59:38 am »
I am not sure what model mine is but I would recommend going for a mouse made by Acer they tend(at least for me) to last longer despite me dropping it everywhere.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Tiny Bisexual Pride Dragon -> Now Tiny Rainbow Hearts ->
Hope you enjoyed  :fox-:P:

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • I like dogs.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:00:26 am »
Well I use my mouse for gaming as well as normal use so I use a razer naga, so far it's lasted since around September 2010 so it's very well built....but it's a bit overkill and probably not very useful to normal users. I can recommend both Zowie and Steel Series mice, they are designed for gaming but they work great as normal mice and they are cheaper than the razer (the razer is about 140$ the steel series is like 40$ zowies are like 60€). All these mice are a bit more than your average PC mouse but they all last a long time (2yrs+). You can just go with a logitech also they are good while they last, but I don't know how long that is my guess about 6 months to a year

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:08:00 am »
Ahh, thank you both, but I've had problems with Logitech many times and it's not a gaming mouse that I want, just an optical. Been looking on Amazon and seen the Cherry optical mouse 'Zero' JM-0100 for £14. That might do me okay as its cheapo with good customer reviews.

Offline Voltz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 306
  • Fursona Species: -
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 07:54:07 pm »

Joking aside, I've had fine experiences with Dell mouses before. Still have the one from 2004 and it works flawlessly. However even though it says that it's a Dell mouse, it is really a Logitech mouse just OEM branded for Dell to resell.
  • Pronouns: -

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 07:57:49 pm »
Thanks very much for your suggestion, but I bought that Cherry optical mouse 'Zero' JM-0100 for £14 and it's been great. :)

Offline Voltz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 306
  • Fursona Species: -
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 06:08:59 pm »
Might have to look that one up and see if it's worth adding to my stash of parts :)
  • Pronouns: -

Offline Silverfox

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Fursona Species: Red fox/Grey wolf hybrid
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »
I had an acer corded mouse, it lasted for years and never failed! I only got rid of it because I transitioned to wireless and even then it still worked!