Author Topic: So, I've been doing some research into furry hate...  (Read 570 times)

Offline Alsend Drake

• "I'm really feeling it!"
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • We eat ham and jam and spamalot!
    • DeviantArt - DoomedFateAxion
    • FurAffinity - alsenddrake
  • Fursona Species: Dragon or Fox or Raccoon or Chakat
So, I've been doing some research into furry hate...
« on: October 29, 2014, 09:58:21 pm »
Warning: rant-ish, but important info, and more people fact checking can help us show who is wrong about furs.

I'm doing a paper in Creative Writing on furry hate, and found a really interesting fact. Sorry if there is something like this, but a search failed to turn this guy's name up.
George Gurley
His name will go down as the furry version of the Antichrist, according to my research.
George is/was a writer for Vanity Fair. In 2001, he wrote an article, claiming to "Show what curries are all about."
This was a lie.
He really wanted a story to Schick readers. There are many stories, ranging from finding "That one guy" the sexual stuff only guy nobody likes, to, failing to find such a person, he made the whole story up.
Believe what you want, but that article is what started furry misconceptions.
Even worse, from what I've read, it was dying down.
Then a report a CNN guy helped with come about Anthrocon 2009. Guess what that report consisted of? It basicly said "If you want to know what's happening, read the Vanity Fair article. Yep, they attacked a wound that was finally closing!
Want to know what's even funnier? Years ago, the only way to get people to go to furcons was to market it as " mature" Anthro con formed in 1996, iirc, to escape that. (Although some bits remain, they're hidden behind curtains with basicly bouncers)
Anyways, even more sad: there was a report ON THE SAME CON 3 years ago, called, again, iirc, Animalistic Passion, in the Pittsburgh City News (Be SURE its right, there is a documentary on beastality under the same name, this one is the one starting off talking about a board full if notes)
This article is the writer goes expecting bad things, and is very happily surprised. Its apparently hailed as being a very accurate depiction.
Anyways, that's all the data I've found ATM, so anyone else got any info?

Tl;Dr: too bad, too much in here to cut down. Have fun reading through it :P
Patching the roof, and pitching the hay, is NOT my idea of a perfect day.
'Cause I'm extraordinary, I gotta do extraordinary things!

Offline Proto

• Dueling Fox
  • Cookies: 238
  • I still should be studying right now
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
    • Twitter - proto_alpha
  • Fursona Species: Gray fox
Re: So, I've been doing some research into furry hate...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 06:14:41 pm »
This is quite interesting. I dunno if I want to read what that George guy wrote, it might make my blood boil, but what I've gathered (at least on the net) as to why there's furry hate is because of how there was a time when "furries" spammed their art around the internet. Of course, most of the spammers must have been trolls who saw people getting mad at something they didn't do, so they jumped in the furry train to get a laugh out of random people. Except that it doesn't stop there. Most of the internet works like one big hivemind, where if people see something being hated, they immediately do the same to fit in with the others, eventually leading to a real (but baseless) hate, and that happened with the furry haters who want to be part of the "cool guys".

In my country, furries are unknown, so I can't give info about the hate here :P
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
:nova:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices/Can u buy me a coffee? <3

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • I like dogs.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:06:43 pm »
Don't get too worked up about furry hate, just kind of observe and move don't give a real reaction.  As an old anti-fur I know that their is nothing that gets under a hater's skinn more then a calm and collective person  :lion:

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 154
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 01:55:19 pm »
I actually really enjoy finding furry flame wars.
because lets admit it, furries can get a little butthurt sometimes.
I find reading these comments along with the stupid arguments of the haters
a fun pastime and really enjoy watching the flames as it were.
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi