Author Topic: I really need to fix my grades :^(  (Read 859 times)

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
  • I like dogs.
I really need to fix my grades :^(
« on: November 19, 2014, 07:13:15 pm »
So im a freshman in highschool and the end of the semester is coming soon and oh my god I was taking a look at my grades and I have a 3.0 gpa. I really need to crackdown on school and even if I make it through the end semester with all 100's I won't make it up to 4.0 only a 3.8 or 3.6. I really don't want to have a shitty life and I want to get into a good college, can any of you guys give me tips in time management and good study habits? I know I'm generally a dick on this forum but if you guys can just give a bit of helpful tips that'd be great. I'm going to study for my math test tomorrow  :sad-fox:

Offline Koala123

• Nervous
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 40
  • I'm personal
    • FurAffinity - Koala
  • Fursona Species: Koala
Re: I really need to fix my grades :^(
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 07:22:04 pm »
Aw, that sucks...
Even though I haven't entered high school yet, I know, from my cousins, that being a freshman is tough.
Here are some tips:
-Make a schedule
This helps me a lot to see when something is due, as well as test dates.  I set up times to when I should do part my project and when I should study, when I can have free-time, etc.  This helps manage time.

-Study periodically, and do not cram everything in at the last minute
Procrastinating is a bad habit to get into, and should be avoided.  That's why I set up a schedule for myself, so I can make sure that I finish everything.

-Take breaks
Life gets hard, and you shouldn't stress yourself out over school, or else your performance would just drop.  Take breaks when needed (as long as you get your work done), and don't feel like you shouldn't.  Life isn't all about school, you know. :)

School can be hard, but I know that you can get through this.
Good luck! :)

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 03:35:00 pm »
 3.0 is fine to get into almost any college.  Grades barely matter
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:03:15 pm by Panda♡♡ »

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:23:44 pm »
A 3.0 GPA is about a B average, right? That is plenty high enough to get into most schools. You don't have to have a 4.0. Unweighted, I think my GPA would fall somewhere around 3.6-3.8, and I'm looking at two of the top liberal arts colleges in my state. You honestly don't have that much to worry about. Unless you want to participate in collegiate athletics, you should definitely be able to get your GPA to a high enough level to get in. You're still a freshman, so you've got the rest of this year and the next three years to bring it up. If your school offers weighted classes, those can really help to boost your GPA. I have over a 4.0 because of weighted courses.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 02:00:50 pm »
I realise the British education system is a lot different than that of the US and Canada, but my #1 rule when at college was to treat study like a hobby. For me that meant staying off forums, games and chitchat on messenger and I did it because I enjoyed it. Hard graft study got me the A Levels I deserved.

Offline RickyMcGee

• Slick as Frick Rick
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 61
  • Pic by Businessfox on FA
    • FurAffinity - Alexzandr
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 05:42:07 pm »
In my case my grades are based off of homework and tests, and in alot of cases as long as you "tried" on the homework you get full points. But, to help you out I gotta say crack down on homework, its just studying and review. As long as you understand and complete what the homework is on the tests are usually the same and should be a breeze. If there is no homework go in before or after school and see if you can retake tests and fix papers. I have went from straight Ds to As and Bs doing this.
Just like a burn will linger, she crept between my fingers, and to my body she has now become a new disease. A fog to cloud vision, more like an apparition. She made a mess and now abandoned me.
Twitter Youtube Crush thing? Deviantart

Offline JeffCat

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Weird guy
    • DeviantArt - Jeffrecat
    • FurAffinity - JeffreyTheCat
  • Fursona Species: Black Anthro Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 04:08:27 pm »
I stopped visiting this forum as soon as freshman year because of the hard work I had to take.
Avoid any distractions. Teachers do force hard work on freshmen. I failed two classes because of distractions.
Please excuse my bad grammar or spelling. Its a problem because of a long story.

Offline ReptilianFluff

• Ob
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Fursona Species: Nile Crocodile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 06:58:50 pm »
A 3.0 should be fine to get into the average college. However, it's not a bad thing that you'd like to strive for higher grades. If it makes you feel any better, freshman year is the least "important". Yes, all of your high school years are important, but it's not like you're a junior or senior finally trying to get your act together. Having a 3.0 in freshman year won't keep colleges from accepting you. As long as you stay attentive and keep at it for the next three years, things will be fine. It's the people who wait until senior year to stop slacking that colleges don't like. Really, most educational systems make a bigger deal out of grades than they need to.

Tips:
1. Make a check list. You don't even have to rigidly follow it. Just seeing what has to be done might help.
2. Try to plan ahead of time. The more you know that's going on in advance, the better.
3. Figure out if 'work first, play later' works for you or vice versa. Everyone always says "work first, play later". Honestly, though, if you want to get some video game playing out of the way before you do homework, why not? It's all about time management.
4. Don't cram! Psychology has shown that cramming can actually hurt you in the long run. Study periodically and break it down throughout the week.
5. Take limited breaks Don't study for hours on end. It's actually better to take breaks. Don't, however, let time run away from you.
6. Limit pleasurable activities until you don't have much on your plate. As much as we all love drawing, playing video games, the internet and whatever else, it's important that we try to limit the amount of time we spend on or doing these activities during times of high academic demand. This is something you'll just have to work at, as it's not always easy to just drop the video game and pick up your trigonometry homework.
"Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. Sometimes they pretend to be your friend first." - Steve Irwin
Profile picture courtesy of cuddlyshark

Offline Eagle God-Heart

• That Awsome Guy You Know
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 41
    • Twitter - @Eagle_GodHeart
  • Fursona Species: wolvinix
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 09:58:42 am »
A 3.0 GPA! lucky! i have a 1.0 somthing GPA (if that) trust me when i say i WISH i had what you have.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
James 5:13-14 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/bible-verses-about-prayer-20-important-scripture-quotes-2/#ixzz3aE0MPhlo