Author Topic: Trap Me! by Chris and Cooper Elkin  (Read 365 times)

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 38
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
Trap Me! by Chris and Cooper Elkin
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:16:15 pm »
Yep, I bought myself a paperback copy of 'Trap Me!' and was taken aback by the story of this novel. In fact it took me less than a day to read this book, so it tells you all about how good this is.

In a steampunk-style world, Aiden Prowl is a canine musician who wants to go to this metallic mountain in search of a mystical instrument called the 'Orb', despite the fact he needs an assistant to help him. Luckily, a feline boy named Zack accidentally breaks a window in Aiden's attic, giving the canine the opportunity to blackmail him into helping him on the journey. After that, so much happens, a secret society is discovered, bandits attack, a betrayal occurs, and unlikely allies are made while the romance between Aiden and Zack is formed :fox-;):

I really love how well-developed and shrouded in mystery this world is. It's rare that I read a steampunk novel but this is a rare exception for me (aside from the Leviathan trilogy). The characters are likable, the world is beautiful, and I love how much of a good sense of humor 'Trap Me!' has without saying anything too dirty. In fact I can even see a middle school student reading this :lol-fox: The artwork is iffy for me, but to the authors credit, it really does match the tone of the story.

However if I had a complaint to make, it would be the segues for the different points of view needs some big improvements. I'm no saying it's terrible; it's just that it's sometimes difficult for me to distinguish from what Aiden, Zack, and other characters are saying and thinking.

Otherwise, is have to give this book a 9.5/10 :fox-:):
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
  • Cookies: 332
  • Sushi is mana from Heaven.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
Re: Trap Me! by Chris and Cooper Elkin
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 02:26:46 am »
One of the writers actually has an account here on FT!
http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=20693.msg479941#msg479941
I've not read the book but, I thought sense you like it, you might like to know you could talk to one of the writers!
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿