Author Topic: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat  (Read 313 times)

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:06:57 am »
I bought this Sphex for my sister Kitty who is an ace gamer and she reported back saying it was best mouse surface she's ever used. It is incredibly thin. Underneath it has what seems to be a gummy stippled surface that will adhere to the desk, though I don't recommend a real wood desk as the mat's gluey surface might damage the wood beneath it. Nevertheless, I went and bought one for myself as I am on the computer for best part of the day and mostly the evening.

I actually dont do any gaming, but because reviews on other mats described them fell apart after a few weeks etc, so the Sphex seems far more durable. I haven't had any problem with it, and the mat itself allows extreme accuracy when I am designing using Autodesk Revit Architecture.

So firstly the packaging looks very nice and slickly professional. Inside you will find the mat, a "certificate of authenticity" which makes you feel special in some way (nice touch Razer), and some stickers of the Razer logo which honestly are actually really good quality, well, for stickers anyway, and they stay stuck firmly to wherever you put them.

On to the mat. It is insanely thin, about as thick as a sheet of A4 paper, though actually the Sphex mat is larger, about the size of foolscap. It stuck first time and rooted itself firmly to the desk, but can also be removed very easily and stuck somewhere else if you want. The general feel of the mat is a very grippy, but also smooth surface which lets the mouse glide along it's surface with minimal effort, but also gives the control needed for gaming which pleases my sister no end.

In conclusion it is a very high quality mouse mat that delivers what very little can, a smooth but grippy surface that doesn't move around your desk at all, and does it all for just £12.99 (Amazon) which is a fraction of the cost of other equal quality products (If there are any out there). Although I would like to add that it will probably lose its stickness if you move it around a lot, although I have heard in places that a splash of water on the bottom fixes this. 5/5 Buy it! I doubt anything better will ever come out.  :)

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:12:03 am by Access Denied »

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
  • I like dogs.
Re: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 09:10:50 pm »
How big is it? My steel series is 450mm wide and 400mm long

http://imgur.com/mRD09SH

http://imgur.com/FBCI6Z4

Is that sticky material on the bottom good btw? Mine is a rubber based and feels great but does it feel better than a normal mouse mat?

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
Re: Razer Sphex Gaming Mouse Mat
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 09:48:15 pm »
Its size is roughly 31.5 cm x 23 cm x approx 1mm thick. It has remained nicely adhered to my desk, but can easily be pealed off and placed back on its thin transparent backing. The mouse mat is NOT intended to be rolled for transit. Keep it flat.

The sticky substance on the bottom is good and altogether it feels much nicer to move my mouse on than a conventional mouse mat. I recommended it because to me it's an excellent product for gamers and designers alike.