Author Topic: Furry teens youtube Channel  (Read 5091 times)

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 585
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
Re: Furry teens youtube Channel
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2014, 11:03:21 pm »
Note how none of the administration has posted here lmfao guys please  :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger:

I've been at work all day, sorry for not posting earlier.
Its a good idea and awesome to see such involvement, but I'm unsure whether relating it to FT would be the best thing. We'll discuss it with Natasha when she gets a chance
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - androsexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 118
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2014, 11:52:45 pm »
I have made a Twitch TV channel for the site for gaming events a while ago.

Once I get those things started I may also try making a YT channel as well. (Since I had that planned before)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:06:53 am by Sleek »
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline Velox and Jet

• I'm pretty much the main Guardian of this site.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 44
  • Just want to RP :'(
  • Fursona Species: White Cheetah or Black Falcon, depending
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2014, 12:31:09 am »
What is the name of the twitch channel?
  • Pronouns: He/Him and the like

Profile Picture colored by MysticSolstice.  Line art by Baronessa

Xbox 360 GT- TheGameChaser47

Offline Koala123

• Nervous
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 40
  • I'm personal
    • FurAffinity - Koala
  • Fursona Species: Koala
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2014, 12:49:00 am »
What is the name of the twitch channel?
Just click on the link he gave you.
http://www.twitch.tv/furryteens/

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2014, 01:13:47 am »
I have sent a PM to Nat for those who are wondering and am waiting on approval so the name can be changed from what it is currently to Furry Teens

Don't call me Nat.

As others have mentioned, a long-standing issue for this site is the use of its name on member-run projects.  To put it simply, in order to protect the site and its members, anything bearing its name must be run the same way as the website, with the same rules, and ideally the same staff.  There are specific issues with running a website with a teen audience that we're extremely well-versed in, and any problems with an external group/website/project bearing our name and carrying our endorsement will come back on us.

Since I still maintain the FT trademark and IP, my rules would be this:

-The channel can be the "official" FT channel IF at least two of our moderators are involved to approve/deny all videos before they're published, AND Panda or Gage have a hand in it somehow (since they're the admins), AND all content follows the same rules as the site's forum posts.  Which rules out Cards Against Humanity videos, and some other suggestions mentioned in this thread.

OR

-The channel be whatever you want, and you can have autonomy over posting whatever videos you want, but it cannot carry the FT name, or claim any affiliation with this site.

Hope this helps clear things up.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2014, 09:57:41 am »

-The channel can be the "official" FT channel IF at least two of our moderators are involved to approve/deny all videos before they're published, AND Panda or Gage have a hand in it somehow (since they're the admins), AND all content follows the same rules as the site's forum posts.  Which rules out Cards Against Humanity videos, and some other suggestions mentioned in this thread.

Under these rules would you allow content uploaded on the channel to be uploaded onto the creators pre existing channel as well? I apologise if it seems like an obvious answer but I tried doing this with a group once before and they wouldn't allow it.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 585
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2014, 02:13:30 pm »

I don't object to this. Actually, I'd push it to staff members from the site fully running the channel (as there'd be messages and comments to deal with also) BUT filled with user-submitted content. It'd definetly have to stay under our rules, though, as fun as CAH is ;P

There's also the same issue we have with FTR regarding music--we couldn't use any music we don't have the rights to (regardless of whether Youtube "catches" us or not). That might make any sort of montage things difficult, unless we have enough artists here willing to contribute.

Under these rules would you allow content uploaded on the channel to be uploaded onto the creators pre existing channel as well? I apologise if it seems like an obvious answer but I tried doing this with a group once before and they wouldn't allow it.

I'm not actually sure; I can't see a problem other  than taking away views/whatever, though I'm sure there's something I'm missing. Does Youtube have rules against identical uploads? Maybe the raw version can be posted to the creator's channel, and the finished FT version (I'm picturing an intro with a logo) posted on our channel only.

• Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - androsexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2014, 05:01:15 pm »
I'm not actually sure; I can't see a problem other  than taking away views/whatever, though I'm sure there's something I'm missing. Does Youtube have rules against identical uploads? Maybe the raw version can be posted to the creator's channel, and the finished FT version (I'm picturing an intro with a logo) posted on our channel only.

My personal opinion on this entire matter, why make it similar to machinima. While there are videos multiple people collaborate together to make, there are also people who have their own separate channels that have different content (be it other series or raw footage of the videos) .

Double uploading videos can lead to a problem with view counts, and does defeat the purpose a bit.

Since I still maintain the FT trademark and IP

I dont mean to be someone who is very picky on details, but is there any proof of the trademark we can see? Furry Teens seems like a very generic name, so im just curious as to where are the bounds of this trademark
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Daniel Kurama

• The Shadow DJ Master
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 15
  • Bro I'ma be a DJ M aster
  • Fursona Species: Shadow Wolf
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2014, 05:38:04 pm »
I have sent a PM to Nat for those who are wondering and am waiting on approval so the name can be changed from what it is currently to Furry Teens

Don't call me Nat.

As others have mentioned, a long-standing issue for this site is the use of its name on member-run projects.  To put it simply, in order to protect the site and its members, anything bearing its name must be run the same way as the website, with the same rules, and ideally the same staff.  There are specific issues with running a website with a teen audience that we're extremely well-versed in, and any problems with an external group/website/project bearing our name and carrying our endorsement will come back on us.

OR

-The channel be whatever you want, and you can have autonomy over posting whatever videos you want, but it cannot carry the FT name, or claim any affiliation with this site.

Hope this helps clear things up.

Sorry I didnt know you didnt like being called Nat but I fully understand thanx for the clarification 
Be who you are and find the ones you truly love.
:alexxgay:

Offline Daniel Kurama

• The Shadow DJ Master
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2014, 05:39:51 pm »

I don't object to this. Actually, I'd push it to staff members from the site fully running the channel (as there'd be messages and comments to deal with also) BUT filled with user-submitted content. It'd definetly have to stay under our rules, though, as fun as CAH is ;P

There's also the same issue we have with FTR regarding music--we couldn't use any music we don't have the rights to (regardless of whether Youtube "catches" us or not). That might make any sort of montage things difficult, unless we have enough artists here willing to contribute.

For the music part I will be making my own remix's for the videos based on what the viewers like and what would go well with the videos

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
  • I like dogs.
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2014, 07:38:21 pm »
Guys go with an independent channel it allows for a WHOLE lot more freedom with uploads, restricting content just to be affiliated with a site is silly imo.

Offline Daniel Kurama

• The Shadow DJ Master
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2014, 08:00:03 pm »
thats what has been decided if anyone wishes to be part of this project please skype me and we can add you to the group chat about what we will do

Offline Daniel Kurama

• The Shadow DJ Master
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2014, 08:40:31 pm »
last call for the group if you are reading this it means your late but just skype me an ill add you to the group but tommorow at 12;00 pm is the deadline

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2014, 11:48:20 pm »
I don't really have the time right now to help in a YouTube channel but I think it's a great and fun idea. I used to have a fairly successful youtube channel that I have since deleted due to a stalker, almost 200 subs none of which where my friends or family members, so if you want any tips or tricks feel free to ask :fox-:):
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Chen

• <3 Tachun
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 133
  • Gay Squad
  • Fursona Species: Sergal (Chen), Fox (Calyx)
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2014, 06:36:46 pm »
Bloody hell, I'm late to the party, hehe. I may be able to do Call of Duty gameplay videos, if thats alright? My camera work isn't the best, but I think I could pull it off. Oh, and it will just be straight up gameplay, not montages. I don't have the editing skill/capabilities/time to create a montage.
One thing I'm worried about is the quality (video/sound etc.) of what I can do. Personally I think its just about up to scratch at the moment, but heres a recent gameplay video I did of CoD, http://youtu.be/JG54VZyhn9k, so if you could let me know if the quality is ok all the way through, that'd be great! If its alright for you guys, then you have yourself a batch of videos from me!
Strength and Honour!

Still proud of this rainbow!

avatar l/a base by TheWhiteFalcon

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2014, 08:53:10 pm »
Since I still maintain the FT trademark and IP

I dont mean to be someone who is very picky on details, but is there any proof of the trademark we can see? Furry Teens seems like a very generic name, so im just curious as to where are the bounds of this trademark

If you must nitpick, we don't have a registered trademark with the US Patent and Trademark office.  However, even the USPTO says that legal registration with their office is not required for a trademark to be enforceable.  Therefore, because we've existed under this name for years, and we own all the major domains with this name (along with a backup set from when we were fighting for furryteens.com), our trademark is legally binding and enforceable, and no one else can register it.

And, if it ever came to that, I can and will defend our trademark in court.  Paying $500 to the USPTO makes that fight slightly less complex, but it also adds a LOT of work and ongoing expenses, and is ultimately not worth the trouble for a website that makes no money.

As for the name being generic, context is important for a trademark.  Sure, we can't say "Our trademark is the phrase 'Furry Teens'", but we can say "Our trademark is the name 'Furry Teens', accompanied by pawprint imagery, used to describe a website or online community".  Thus, a hair salon catering to high school students can call itself "Furry Teens", but a website, Youtube channel, Steam group, or Facebook page legally cannot unless we're the ones running it.  Well-known case in point:  Apple Computer doesn't own the word "Apple", they own the word "Apple" used for an elecronics business or online service provider, which is why they can legally co-exist with Apple Records.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Daniel Kurama

• The Shadow DJ Master
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2014, 09:59:27 pm »
Annoucment:
Okay the FT youtube Channel has officialy been changed to TheFurNetCrew and is seperate from the site and will not be affiliated with FT at all.  We are still Curentelly looking for artists and contributers for artwork and Video content producers  If anyone wishes to join in and Take part in this Furry activity please skype me at Furry.Ice.Wolf and ill add you to the group so we can go over rule regulations and so on and such.

Offline Cookie-N

• lennyface.psd
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • furries trigger me
    • DeviantArt - cookie-n
    • FurAffinity - cookiethebluecat
    • Twitter - nicholas_cookie
    • Tumblr / Art Blog
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2015, 05:19:25 am »
So

How's this coming along?
KEK

Offline Cholo

• Emotional Chilean
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 21
  • deer noise
    • FurAffinity - melted
    • Twitter - meltedcholo
  • Fursona Species: Deer
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2015, 10:59:42 am »
It's dead

rest in beace
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Avatar by the memerific vaporwave

B) EMOTIONAL YUNGBOYZ  2014 B(

Offline Velox and Jet

• I'm pretty much the main Guardian of this site.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 44
  • Just want to RP :'(
  • Fursona Species: White Cheetah or Black Falcon, depending
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2015, 12:54:54 pm »
We are still working on it.  We just had stuff going on that is more important.  We will start back up ASAP.
  • Pronouns: He/Him and the like

Profile Picture colored by MysticSolstice.  Line art by Baronessa

Xbox 360 GT- TheGameChaser47