Author Topic: Hunger games: Mockingjay part 1  (Read 452 times)

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
  • Cookies: 332
  • Sushi is mana from Heaven.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
Hunger games: Mockingjay part 1
« on: December 02, 2014, 07:27:08 pm »
NO SPOILERS! If you put spoilers in this thread, I will not be happy!

I just got home from watching the only movie that gave me enough adrenaline to run home a mile full speed nonstop, and no I'm not exaggerating, not even the slightest. When my mother asked me about it I had to tell her "As much as I want to tell you about it, I refuse to spoil it."

I would rank it, but I'm sure you know what I'd give it, I know its just a movie, but in my opinion its the best one I've ever seen. And I've seen a whole lot! Again if you post here please no spoilers, for those who have yet to watch it.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿

Online Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: Hunger games: Mockingjay part 1
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:50:55 pm »
I love m the hunger games trilogy but wasn't a huge fan of the mockingjay book so went into the movie with fairy low expectation but it ended up being really good! Lots of action, emotions and powerful scenes. It was well casted and Jenifer Lawrence played Katniss great again :fox-:): I was in the edge of my seat for most of the movie wondering what would happen next. The one thing that I really didnt like though was how it ended, it was a very anticlimactic ending after such an intense movie, if they had just ended it a few scenes earlier at the fight between Katniss with the other guy (you'll hopefully know what I'm talking about if you've seen the movie, and sorry if this is too much of a spoiler) it would have been so much better since that would have been a great cliffhanger. Overall I give it a 8/10
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Kettz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 145
  • ech
    • DeviantArt - ViolentJade
    • FurAffinity - Kettz
  • Fursona Species: Border Collie
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 06:17:51 pm »
Okay this is kinda about the whole series. Some of the book and movies spread out in this.

I seen the movie. Read the first and second book. The four things I have a problem with are, that Katniss is to much of a Mary Sue, its to mainstream, I don't like the writing style, and lastly its to predictable.

First off I recognize her as a Mary sue, is because everyone likes her. At the first movie, she says shes not good at making friends. But then they said to give it a try. So she did, and apparently she was a 'natural' at it. Then later on in the movie everyone loves her. Next we have the two guys that love her, Peeta and Gale. They both love her -.- . They make her bow skills look to over exaggerated. Heck in Mocking Jay not a lot even happens with her using her bow. Thats just my thought.

I am so sick of seeing her as the symbol of everything. In school lots of people mention this book, to the point where its overly
used.

The writing style of the author, well you have to read the book to get what I mean. I personally didn't like her writing style. This one I'm not going to go into detail. You'd have to read the books to kinda know what I say for this. Also its very difficult to explain why.

It can be very predictable. The ending I thought it was very predictable. I would go more into detail but, its for you to find out.

Well those are my thoughts. You can disagree or agree with all you want.

Offline Ayzure

• Just Perusing.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 62
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 09:45:55 am »
As I said in the 'Rate The Last Movie You Saw!' thread:

Hunger Games: Mocking Jay, Part 1.  -  5/10

Quite a mild, boring film. A guy next to us in the cinema fell asleep; summed it up perfectly.

Nowhere near as good as the first two.

Ok, I might have been a little harsh; it's a good film in it's own right. However, it wasn't as good if you compare it to the first two films.