Author Topic: Basic Biology Crash Course  (Read 648 times)

Offline RickyMcGee

• Slick as Frick Rick
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 61
  • Pic by Businessfox on FA
    • FurAffinity - Alexzandr
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Basic Biology Crash Course
« on: December 06, 2014, 03:31:57 am »
In three days there will be my Biology test essay on comparing photosyntesis and cellular resporation. My teacher is awesome and all but she didnt have us take notes really (welp thats college so get good scrub). I dont really get how the two work, specifically the electron carriers like ATP ADP NADH and such. If someone could plz give me the low down on these that would be much appreciated.
Just like a burn will linger, she crept between my fingers, and to my body she has now become a new disease. A fog to cloud vision, more like an apparition. She made a mess and now abandoned me.
Twitter Youtube Crush thing? Deviantart

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
Re: Basic Biology Crash Course
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 04:11:49 am »
Your biology teacher though am sure is awesome, could at least have offered something concillatory, so I went to my old computer to find a file on cellular respiration, these diagrams were useful at the time to me when I happened upon that site. Sorry, but I'm a hopelessly failed biology student, so you will have to excuse my being appallingly rusty.  :oops: Good luck, though ask her to give you more advanced notice next time.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:18:21 am by Access Denied »

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
  • I like dogs.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 03:51:48 pm »
I'm taking biology right now as a freshman and I have my test on this tommorow I don't know if we are covering the same material but what part of electron carriers is the problem the amount or just like names? (Also are you doing AP bio?)

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 04:45:28 pm »
I'm taking biology right now as a freshman and I have my test on this tommorow I don't know if we are covering the same material but what part of electron carriers is the problem the amount or just like names? (Also are you doing AP bio?)

Afraid not, sweetheart. I left college eighteen months ago and justify my existence by doing accounting for a job.

Good luck with your project. But I feel your biology teacher has some explaining to do, though probably too little too late.

I'm mighty glad I left the education institution.

Offline RickyMcGee

• Slick as Frick Rick
  • Blue Level
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 10:13:12 pm »
Naw it is seen as a freshman class but I took a different class that year. Like how the whole thing works, idk its hard to explain. Like which one is stored energy and which one is quick energy. Also wth does NADH and FADH  or whatever do other than move energy.
Friday our teacher gave out a study guide so im getting it a bit better.
Just like a burn will linger, she crept between my fingers, and to my body she has now become a new disease. A fog to cloud vision, more like an apparition. She made a mess and now abandoned me.

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • I like dogs.
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 10:29:58 pm »
I know that ATP is seen as quick energy because of ATP's unstable nature and as far as I know NADPH and FADH they simple carry H+ (e-). When you say how the whole thing works do you mean the Photosystems and Calvin Cycle?

Offline RickyMcGee

• Slick as Frick Rick
  • Blue Level
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 10:41:54 pm »
Yeah in sense, the cycles throw me off. It just doesnt make sense.

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • I like dogs.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 10:45:20 pm »
I just remember that 2 happens first and first happens second I recommend making a little song a tune that's really annoying to help you remember  :fox-;): And as for who makes what, 2 makes ATP and Oxygen and 1 makes the NADPH no trick to remember those other than reinforcement

Offline RickyMcGee

• Slick as Frick Rick
  • Blue Level
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 10:57:10 pm »
k thanks man