Author Topic: The moral and ethical limits of technical development  (Read 422 times)

Offline Tachun

• Is this the crusty crab ?
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • *boop*
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
The moral and ethical limits of technical development
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:25:04 am »
Does anyone got an idea or an concept about this topic ?

I have to do an report about it next week, and I don't know what and how I should start to work at it. I know that the teacher who keeps the lessons wants to mainly hear about the dangers of technical development and less about the advantages it gives us.

Please help! >.<
I'll build a better world someday

一个人的鬼。

Offline Planetaryscience

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • The common astronomy geek (astronimus obsessus)
  • Fursona Species: Red fox

Offline RickyMcGee

• Slick as Frick Rick
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 61
  • Pic by Businessfox on FA
    • FurAffinity - Alexzandr
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: The moral and ethical limits of technical development
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 01:45:52 pm »
The only thing I now about this is that if the strategies of armys don't adjust to the tech advances in the military, a lot can go wrong. For example during the American Civil War, both sides were using Napoleonic strategies (lining up, facing each other from 50 yards away, and such) with the new tech of the time. It was a slaughter, the new tech (the Minne Ball for the most part) allowed the weapons to be more accurate and twice as deadly. So this was a danger of the tech advancement because the two armies did not adjust to it. Sorry if that was terrible, its the best way I know how to help you out here. But Planetaryscience's is a really good topic on this, that is always in question as we advance our AI's.
Just like a burn will linger, she crept between my fingers, and to my body she has now become a new disease. A fog to cloud vision, more like an apparition. She made a mess and now abandoned me.
Twitter Youtube Crush thing? Deviantart

Offline Tachun

• Is this the crusty crab ?
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • *boop*
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
Re: The moral and ethical limits of technical development
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 02:26:09 pm »
@Planetaryscience its an good idea but I probably won't be able to use it because my teacher wants to hear about the actual problems like gen engineering and such.
@RickyMcGee its an good example for misusing of new technologies
I thought I could say something about Monsanto is it a good idea ?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:28:23 pm by Tachun »
I'll build a better world someday

一个人的鬼。