Author Topic: Motivation problems  (Read 943 times)

Offline Ceddo Canidae

• I believe and hope that the Soul/Spirit/Essence/... of a being holds great power~
  • Candies: 4
  • Love cannot be Sin
    • DeviantArt - Ceddo-95
    • FurAffinity - Ceddo_Canidae
    • Twitter - Ceddo95
  • Fursona Species: Folf
Motivation problems
« on: January 07, 2015, 05:54:47 pm »
Well, hello there.  :fox-:):  I'm sorry for burdening you with my quite silly problem, but I know that you(/we) furs are really helpful. And (a little) help is definetely something I might need..  :?
So, basically, I'm highly lacking on motivation to study thouroughly for school.

As a piece of information about myself: I guess I could be a good average student in many of my classes but I have this problem almost my entire 'school-career', which already cost me a few years by now, not to speak of the good school comrades I sort of lost due to my silly way of acting, and which threatens my chance to gain a solid position within the social structures of a nation like Germany. And it feels like it's getting worse every school year.

So, what I could need and what I would highly appreciate are tricks, tips and/or advice how to get motivated on my own.
Because I definitely don't want to burden someone else with the task to motivate me all the time. Neither a significant other, nor a friend, nor a relative or anyone else to be clear.
I mean, a very good friend of mine promised me a nice reward if I pass a class-test by studying properly for it. That's really nice of him, but that should only be an once-in-a-while-thing and definitely shouldn't become a general offer. Everything else would make me feel like misusing our friendship, besides of making me quite pathetic.

I'm thankful for any reply, especially for those which can help me, and wish you all a belated ''Happy New Year''.  :fox-:):

Btw, in case I choose the wrong place to post this or if there is already another thread that has an equal topic, I beg your pardon and feel free to move or remove this thread. Thanks and bye.  :D
Everything should just be...ANIME!!! (*~*)

By the way... If you want to get a better impression of my being...I'm also on tumblr. :)
http://ceddo-95.tumblr.com/

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
  • I like dogs.
Re: Motivation problems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 11:25:29 pm »
While it sounds dumb and simple the nike motto just do it really applies to any thing requiring motivation if you just man up and do it'll become your second nature. It's honestly really simple

Offline Cookie-N

• lennyface.psd
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • furries trigger me
    • DeviantArt - cookie-n
    • FurAffinity - cookiethebluecat
    • Twitter - nicholas_cookie
    • Tumblr / Art Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 11:46:24 pm »
While it sounds dumb and simple the nike motto just do it really applies to any thing requiring motivation if you just man up and do it'll become your second nature. It's honestly really simple

This.

Also, shit's your future dude. Get your shit together, find a career you like and start studying towards it because this directly affects you, not your friend or anyone else who rewards you.
KEK

Offline Assan

• It is pronounced Ah-San
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 122
  • Beep
    • DeviantArt - Assan Dracomorph
    • FurAffinity - Assan
    • Dungeon Master's Compedium
  • Fursona Species: Golden Dragon
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 12:03:22 am »
I would suggest setting goals for yourself put a list together of what you want to get done and change it as much as required but try to set harder goals for you to work to.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Tiny Bisexual Pride Dragon -> Now Tiny Rainbow Hearts ->
Hope you enjoyed  :fox-:P:

Offline Skiffy Wolf

• Green Level
  • Candies: 26
  • No idea what I'm supposed to put here.
    • DeviantArt - Charlie-Fan
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:40:19 am »

This.

Also, shit's your future dude. Get your shit together, find a career you like and start studying towards it because this directly affects you, not your friend or anyone else who rewards you.

This practically. The worst mistake you can you make at high school is to fail or get low grades. What you do now in high school will affect the rest of your life. If you fail at high school you're future will be very limited and not so great. If you do really well at school then you'll be able to whatever you want. That should be all the motivation you need.

Offline Ceddo Canidae

• I believe and hope that the Soul/Spirit/Essence/... of a being holds great power~
  • Candies: 4
  • Love cannot be Sin
    • DeviantArt - Ceddo-95
    • FurAffinity - Ceddo_Canidae
    • Twitter - Ceddo95
  • Fursona Species: Folf
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 11:50:58 am »
Well, thank you very much for all of your well ment replies.   :)
Though it's basically my problem, that I can't just ''man up'' and ''get my shit together'' regarding this topic, I will try it again and maybe this time there will be victory and success coming along with it.  :fox-;):
So thank you for spending your time to read and think about it and then trying to help me defeat or at least trick my dumbness.  :fox-:):
Everything should just be...ANIME!!! (*~*)

By the way... If you want to get a better impression of my being...I'm also on tumblr. :)
http://ceddo-95.tumblr.com/

Offline Skiffy Wolf

• Green Level
  • Candies: 26
  • No idea what I'm supposed to put here.
    • DeviantArt - Charlie-Fan
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 04:31:51 am »
It doesn't matter if you
can't just ''man up'' and ''get my shit together'' regarding this topic
the fact is that you'll have to. Like I said. It's very important that you do well in school. Theres so many slacker at my school that think they can cruise through school without doing any work. Well when they leave school they'll have a huge suprise when they realise that they should have worked harder and not waged or not have fail to show up to their final exams (I'm not kidding about that, some students didn't bother going to their final exams).

Offline Lucius.

• Friend please...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 187
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 05:10:03 pm »

EDIT Not completely sure if the previous image was PG-13 so I edited it to stay on the safe side...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:16:56 pm by Lucius »
Icon by Nagi. :rose:

Offline Lucius.

• Friend please...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 187
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 05:10:53 pm »
The beginning is the hardest part.
Icon by Nagi. :rose:

Offline GinaBunny

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • Fursona Species: Bunny
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2015, 10:38:09 pm »
I agree with alot of the replies. The hardest part of doing work and studying is just getting started. Once you get into the "zone" you shall succeed. But personally...I just watch youtube while doing HW, not a good habit
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
"Plant trees you know you'll never sit under the shade of" -Mark Fishbach, Markiplier