Author Topic: Does anybody actually try in school?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline PaulRama

• Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Love SOSA
    • DeviantArt - Hotcomicssotrill
  • Fursona Species: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Does anybody actually try in school?
« on: January 18, 2015, 02:17:43 am »
I've never actually tried in school and have a 4.6 gpa weighted, i'm a sophmore

I actually finished with a perfect gpa this semester
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:53:08 am by Panda♡♡ »
If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat-Ronald Reagan

Tfw somebody thinks carbon dating is reliable

Offline Skiffy Wolf

• Green Level
  • Candies: 26
  • No idea what I'm supposed to put here.
    • DeviantArt - Charlie-Fan
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Does anybody actually try in school?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 02:45:18 am »
Um. Yes I do try. If I didn't try I'd be a big fail. Although a lot of the stuff I do find quite easy, I still try.

Offline Cookie-N

• lennyface.psd
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • furries trigger me
    • DeviantArt - cookie-n
    • FurAffinity - cookiethebluecat
    • Twitter - nicholas_cookie
    • Tumblr / Art Blog
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 05:48:54 am »
Congrats, special snowflake!!!
KEK

Offline Assan

• It is pronounced Ah-San
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 122
  • Beep
    • DeviantArt - Assan Dracomorph
    • FurAffinity - Assan
    • Dungeon Master's Compedium
  • Fursona Species: Golden Dragon
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 12:11:49 pm »
Yes I do, very much so well at least for math I do. There are some classes where I do not try and end up with a A anyways.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Tiny Bisexual Pride Dragon -> Now Tiny Rainbow Hearts ->
Hope you enjoyed  :fox-:P:

Offline Koala123

• Nervous
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 40
  • I'm personal
    • FurAffinity - Koala
  • Fursona Species: Koala
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 12:16:07 pm »
Honestly, no, I do not really try in school.  I turn in rushed homework assignments and posters and can still manage to pull off a perfect score, sometimes with extra credit as well!  I don't even have to study for tests.
That all may change once I enter high school, but for now, I'm enjoying the easy life.  :lol-fox:

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 12:23:59 pm »
I used to never really try at school and I was always one of the top 3 of my class, but once I got into high school I started to actually put effort into it, but I think it's still not too much effort, because if I actually tried a little harder then I wouldn't stress myself so much with the homework that I always end up rushing at the last moment :fox-:P:
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Essie

• Where the fruit at?
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 22
  • No seriously, where is the fruit?
    • DeviantArt - JumperHusky
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky/Batdog
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 01:00:12 pm »
Yes, I "actually tried" in school, and it is a disservice to yourself if you don't. If you don't learn how to work through difficulties while you're young, then  college can be a real struggle. Even if you are already naturally talented academically you're wasting your time if you only apply yourself halfheartedly. It was very annoying to work with peers that didn't apply themselves in high school.
And I finished my first semester of college with a 4.0, BECAUSE I learned self- discipline throughout high school.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:01:43 pm by Sarka Brūn »
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate."
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 02:31:31 pm »
It really bugs me when people brag about this. For a start, if you're not trying then you wouldn't be doing well.
The main reason I hate this attitude is the negative effect I've seen it have on people. What most people actually mean by "I don't try and I do well." is "I find all of this so easy that it feels like I'm not even trying." Which when said to the wrong person usually gets interpreted as "I'm good, you aren't. Sucks to be you." (and quite often is used this way deliberately).
There was a guy in my class who suffered from low self esteem due to family issues and went on to have a mental breakdown because someone who was supposed to be helping him told him that.
So basically, you feel like that? Don't brag about it, because it can have a massive negative impact on people. That and people will just plain hate you for bragging.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline Assan

• It is pronounced Ah-San
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 122
  • Beep
    • DeviantArt - Assan Dracomorph
    • FurAffinity - Assan
    • Dungeon Master's Compedium
  • Fursona Species: Golden Dragon
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 05:52:29 pm »
I should say I hat e the classes where I do not need to try because they are the worst classes in the school because no one is needing to try and therefor no one is really learning anything in them. Sorry if it sounded like I was bragging, it was not my intention.
Tiny Bisexual Pride Dragon -> Now Tiny Rainbow Hearts ->
Hope you enjoyed  :fox-:P:

Offline Scuffy

• freshhh
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
  • I like dogs.
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2015, 08:47:44 pm »
I'd like to know which AP classes you are taking right now

Also Aika chill out dude lol only someone who is mentally unstable or prissy af would have a mental breakdown over what some one said once so I highly doubt that was the reason had a breakdown, you shouldn't twist the meaning of an event to make someone feel bad you just look like a jerk.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:52:21 pm by slatsslatsslats »

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 08:58:14 pm »
It really bugs me when people brag about this. For a start, if you're not trying then you wouldn't be doing well.
The main reason I hate this attitude is the negative effect I've seen it have on people. What most people actually mean by "I don't try and I do well." is "I find all of this so easy that it feels like I'm not even trying." Which when said to the wrong person usually gets interpreted as "I'm good, you aren't. Sucks to be you." (and quite often is used this way deliberately).
There was a guy in my class who suffered from low self esteem due to family issues and went on to have a mental breakdown because someone who was supposed to be helping him told him that.
So basically, you feel like that? Don't brag about it, because it can have a massive negative impact on people. That and people will just plain hate you for bragging.
He makes a good point.

Even without intentions to brag it comes off as such to those who struggle getting through classes and making a passing grade. But everyone has their talents and specialties so that could be why It's easy, plus school can be hard so passing through without problems can be quite the accomplishment for some.

As for me I don't really see grades as being anything to brag about, despite how I pass my classes, I don't really view them as being much of an accomplishment. (Why bother being proud of something you have no choice doing?)  I mostly just let my subconscious take control when I take tests or do reports/essays.

Edit: Slats, play nice. He has a point and is viewing from the perspective of others.

Offline ArtificialSweetener

• "... follow out the happiest story—
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 166
  • It closes with a tomb!”
    • DeviantArt - I-Eat-Elves
    • FurAffinity - ArtificialSweetener
    • Twitter - CarcinogenSugar
  • Fursona Species: Dog Mutt
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2015, 09:03:04 pm »
I go to a magnet high school which means tons of work so I have to try
all my friends at my town high school talk about how easy it is there, kinda makes me wish i went there
“Stanzas” by Emily Brontë
My Skype is on my profile with other contact info. Don't hesitate to message me.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2015, 09:24:00 pm »
Also Aika chill out dude lol only someone who is mentally unstable or prissy af would have a mental breakdown over what some one said once so I highly doubt that was the reason had a breakdown, you shouldn't twist the meaning of an event to make someone feel bad you just look like a jerk.
For a start, I never twisted the meaning of it at all. The guy in question is one of my closest friends, and it might surprise you, but friends talk to each other about things. He told me that that was what pushed him over the edge, and I trust him a lot.

Second, he was not mentally unstable. But neither as you so disgustingly put it was he "Prissy af." He was going through a metric shit ton of problems at home, which had a knock on effect with his grades, which led to even more problems at home and so on and no one listened to him because all they cared about was the fact he was doing badly. And one day, someone made a comment about not trying and doing well, and he just broke down. He was NOT "prissy" at all. He just needed help, and it wasn't given to him.

Finally, I apologise for coming across as a jerk. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad about themselves, I was trying to point out the fact that not trying isn't something to brag about, and I should have worded it better. I should have gone on to explain that ok, be proud of the fact that you find it easy to do well with a minimal effort, but don't go shouting about it because it can make the people who don't find it that easy feel worse about themselves.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline Kiro Dragoon

• That one gay guy
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Fursona Species: Dracabbit
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2015, 09:31:51 pm »
i never studied in school, slacked on homework, but did exceedingly well in class.... in math class i started playing my gameboy (the gameboy advance yes im old) and the teacher asked me a math question, i looked up, gave the answer, she looked in the book, said it was wrong.... so i showed her how i did it and she checked and turned out the book was wrong lol.... that point on i was permitted to play my gameboy cuse i proved i could pay attention at the same time XD
Im a gamer, and i can be a perv (if i get pervy tell me, i sometimes do it without noticing ._.)

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 303
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2015, 10:32:11 pm »
Yes, I do try in school. I didn't always use to due to hating school and the emotional problems I was undergoing at the time, and I only came out worse for it by the end of that. I've since made up for it by retaking a lot of my secondary school work during sixth form and have managed to improve it to a considerably good standard. I now take education really seriously and put all of my time and effort into completing my work. Although I'm not trying to shame anybody, I think it's a bad attitude to not make any effort at school or during work, regardless of whether or not you're naturally gifted at it. It's not a good message to send either way and it kind of reflects poorly on your sense of work ethic.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:33:56 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline Yoshifan1

• Eli the grey wolf
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Haha Hey there! Nice to meet Ya!
  • Fursona Species: Grey Wolf
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 11:05:16 pm »
Yes! I LOVE school! And at the expense of sounding crazy, I sometimes prefer school over weekends!
(that right there should tell you about how social I am.)
You are unique and special.
Be anything BUT normal!

Offline Kettz

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 145
  • ech
    • DeviantArt - ViolentJade
    • FurAffinity - Kettz
  • Fursona Species: Border Collie
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 04:54:13 pm »
Yeah. People may not think they don't try but, people do. If you didn't try you'd fail, because your not trying to turn in your homework or something. I try. Because I take it all as a challenge.

Offline Tachun

• Is this the crusty crab ?
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 72
  • *boop*
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 05:17:41 pm »
Yes I do try in school, especially this and last year as they're graduating classes. I have been very lazy in the previous years and I mostly gone to school to sleep or to empty pencils, so if this isn't an important year take it easy and try to miss not too much this is what I would recommend...
I'll build a better world someday

一个人的鬼。

Offline ⓐⓔⓢⓣⓗⓔⓣⓘⓒ ⓞⓣⓣⓔⓡ

• The ⓓⓐⓝⓚ otter
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 29
  • Oh, April Fool's is over? Eh, nobody will notice :
    • Colors! Live Gallery
  • Fursona Species: Mustelid - Otter
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 07:59:35 pm »
While I might not always try, I always try to try. I have really good grades except Honor's English, trailing with a D, ruining my GPA. I'll admit some classes are mind-numbingly simple, and physics has been incredibly boring ever since we finished kinematics.

Honestly, if you pay attention, you can't fail. But if you want a higher education, you have to try.
  • Pride Flag - demiboy
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: Anything!
Sample Text

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 04:43:52 pm »
I'm trying really hard this semester in my College Algebra class.

I got a 64 in it, which isnt a passing grade, so I'm using one of my 3 retake opportunities to take the class again. I've been getting tutoring and doing all the assignments, and so far, I have about an 80 in the class.

Which is an accomplishment for me, since I have always struggled in math.

Other than that, the classes aren't terribly hard. I do have to study more than I used to, but that's okay.
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works