Author Topic: About Anthrocon...  (Read 649 times)

Offline ffdsiof432f

• Orange Level
  • Candy: 3
About Anthrocon...
« on: July 03, 2007, 06:15:48 pm »
I'm just scared of one thing: that other furs at the con will laugh at me, won't accept me, or not like me, just because I'm a stupid little kid. It's happened to me a lot in other furry forums and furs, and I'm just scared it will happen there too like people will say "Go away and come back when you're 21"

Offline Constantine

• Yellow Level
  • Candy: 5
  • Homophobia is GAY
Re: About Anthrocon...
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 06:27:23 pm »
that's very mean of people to do but that's life. it would be better probably if you had a friend or two to go with. also alot of the furs i've seen are older than 18 which is why i was surpised when i found FT. I myself plan on going to my first con next year when i have a car and a steady source of income.
4 itchy tasty

Offline TheDolphin

• Yellow Level
  • Candy: 13
  • Je ne parle pas anglais
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 07:34:56 pm »
Yeah I know what you feel. I'll be going to Anthrofest in less than a month and I'm scared, too, because even if sometimes adults accept you, you just cannot start a conversation with them because of the lack of interest.

But don't freak out. First, I'm sure you won't be the only young fur out there, Anthrocon is just too popular for that to happen. I don't know about anthrocon particularly but if there's one thing I learned in the fandom, it's that even if there's always uninteresting people, there's a lot more friendly and caring people than everywhere else.

The important thing is for you to take a deep breath and fight your fears, and don't worry. Nothing bad can happen (for every person that'll tell you to go out, there will be 20 people who'll welcome you in and make bad people go away).
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate...

Hey, did you know if you say "Orange" really slowly it sounds like gullible?

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candy: 403
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 07:36:26 pm »
Dude, this isn't high school.  The only people who would say anything about your age are artists (only if you look through their adult artwork) or security staff (only if you try to get into the adult art show or an age-restricted event).

Just be yourself, and all will be well.  Trust me, you'll have a great time.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3