Author Topic: Amature Game Design  (Read 1397 times)

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
Amature Game Design
« on: January 26, 2005, 06:35:58 pm »
Ok, i went to the local carear center today with the rest of the 10th grade class, and investigated their computer tech program.  Twas cool.
anyway, i found a niffty little program called darkBASIC.  Very simaler to meny of the other programing programs i've seen.  I hear nice things about it etc etc.  And, i am given a web site where i can get a free download.  w00t.
i come home, download it and start running it.  I start with a tutorial, and then try to compile it.  It wants me to activate it, so i say, "Activate" ....  no beans.
I'm like, wtf, and go and register on their web site, thinking thats what i ned to do.  Still no baens.
So here i am, with a nice game building program, and i cant use it.  Anyone know what to do?  help me?

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/  <--  you can get the free download for yourself here.....
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
Amature Game Design
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 07:05:48 pm »
It might be because of a lack of specific codes or maybe you coded it incorrectly.

From the web site all I can learn is that it's a trial version which isn't fully
featured and resticked to a time limit.

If I was into making games this would be awsome.
If you decide to purchase a full version let me know.
I have lightwave 3d 7 and if it allows the use of .obj, .3ds or .lwv I can
provide 3d models for you.

It would be an awsome way to get a furry game out there.
:staffedit-sig:

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Amature Game Design
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 07:16:34 pm »
well, it;s not the coding.  i know thats not this particular problem.  I cant get it to complie in any way becouse it doesnt want to let me register it.....  so i dont know.....  =/

oh, nad heres a site whrer u can get a 3d modling program.
www.anim8or.com

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
Amature Game Design
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 08:12:30 pm »
Holy crapp the lockerkgnome still lives.
I guess that's ok for a free program.
I prefer my complicated extremely powerful and advanced lightwave3d 7.
If you don't mind a handicapped demo version you can go to lightwaves site and get a free demo version.
Only thing though is it limits you to only saving objects with up to 200 polygons and adds a water mark to all renders.
I'ts great to work with if you're learning because it can do everything.
You should try it to get your experiance level up.
An easy way to get around the saveing limit is to split the model into layers
and save each layer as an object.
Then you can reload them all back into one layer and merge all points.
If you want to animate it open the layout program and send the complete modle over to it and everything else is normal full functioning aside for the water mark. Wich isn't anything to worry about if you're just learning.
:staffedit-sig:

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
Amature Game Design
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 08:52:17 pm »
I use like klick and play or games factory to make my games though you can only do 2D games. Its free and all with the versions I found of it. If your intrested I can find links to them for ya and plus if you have any problems with it you can send it to me and I can fix them ^.^ because I've been label as one of the top 3 kids in my school on programming complex games with it XP

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Amature Game Design
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 10:36:58 pm »
ok, good news.  It works now.  for, like, 30 days..  <<  so i have a month to learn how to use the program, design a game of some sort, and make it.  Yea, like thats gona happen.  Though, at a second meeting tonight, someone said something about getting a CD in the mail or something.  So i'll watch for that.

sit down, dont get all excited.  Like i said, i still ahve to learn how to use the darn thing, and thats why i printed out these tutorials!  *goes off to read*

Offline DarkThunder

• Red Level
  • Candies: 0
Amature Game Design
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 04:20:21 pm »
Well, one of the nice things about Shareware, is the fact that you can keep downloading the program. I use that handy little feature a  lot. If I am working on a project then I just save it and install another copy, open the old file and I am up and running again.

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Amature Game Design
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 05:05:22 pm »
yea, i thought about doing that...  ^^  i also got a CD with a dark basic trial.  It's not Pro, and the setup is more old skool, but it has sevral impresiv demos on it.  I guess what i really need to get working on is compileing a list of comands and their functions, cause i know what to do, just i'm not familiar w/ this program....

Offline Catsune

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 2
Amature Game Design
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 12:40:10 pm »
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 07:58:31 pm by Catsune »