Author Topic: Favorite Video Games?  (Read 18306 times)

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • Desudesu.
Favorite Video Games?
« on: July 06, 2007, 03:58:14 am »
    'Anyone here have a favorite video game?  Mine is The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. 
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline AK

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 95
  • I need a fix, cos' I'm going down
Re: Favorite Video Games?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 04:24:54 am »
It is currently Gears of War (Chainsaw bayonet FTW), but will likely be CoD 4 this fall.
Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 04:36:11 am »
    Nice, Call of Duty.  :fox-:P:
    'Can't wait for Halo 3 to come out.  I don't mean this to offend anyone, but the story behind Gears of War was too dark. 
    And everyone in that game was ripped, which was creepy.  I'm hoping to find a more lighthearted game in Halo 3, actually.

Mate of Shwintay!

Offline Morgan Persimmon

• Participant
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Now with 45% more!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 05:40:33 am »
Predictably, my favorite all-time video game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. As to current, I'm between video games sort of. But the PC game Uplink is sort of addictive.
[quote ]
(9:29:08 PM) Jamie: Heh, but for real? Not just a cat picture joke?
[/quote]

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 06:30:41 am »
Yeh I agree about Gears of War. I have a few faves, for the PS2, Mercenaries, a more fun game has never been invented! Full Spectrum Warrior (1&2) is a tough as nails game, but is the most realistic military shooter you'll ever come by!

Finally my all time fave is the Ancient RPG, Grandia. I've yet to play an rpg that surpasses it.

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 07:18:02 am »
    'Anyone here have a favorite video game?  Mine is The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. 
Mine was almost that, but the next game from Elder Scrolls won instead, although it was a bit too restrictive.
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Seraph Vulpine

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 29
  • Dracul Va Domni Din Nou
    • http://www.myspace.com/tehjaadmaster
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 07:30:05 am »
World of Warcraft, UT2004, Call of Duty, NES, SNES, and Sega games
Seven years of age is he and already in bloody war
His eyes do not turn away from all that death and gore
Father Dracul and brother Mircea are riding by his side
Proud he is of his warrior father, no matter he lied!

Offline King of Griffins

• Red Level
  • Candies: 20
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 11:47:11 am »
Currently, my favorite is Thief: The Dark Project (gold edition). Good games stand the test of time, and so far, this one seems to be holding out against the elements just fine. Aside from a few lower-level graphics, and that you have to force an install on a newer Win OS, this game is challenging. After a short training area to get the controls right, there are no more baby levels. Performing what HK 50 refers to as 'Wanton Slaughter' in this game is nigh-impossible; It's even an objective on harder difficulties ( :( ) to not kill anyone. For once in an FPS style environment, I'm actually thinking, not just bulldozing the level until I find the right sequence of NPC deaths.

For all time, though Majora's Mask ranks high up there, I'm going with Baldur's Gate SoA. I don't think I could ever feel quite as involved in any game as this one. The unique dialog for every encounter, unlike morrowind in which everyone says roughly the same thing (though the game is still good), makes all the characters feel very real. I feel remorse for killing off NPC's while I'm on the evil track, and thoroughly enjoy watching Jaheria, Viconica and Aerie (?) shout it out to get my attention. Maybe it's 2e DnD, and more than a few encounters are probably unbalanced, but who said life was fair?
When life gives you lemons, do not make lemonade. And for gods' sakes, don't throw them at someone. Instead, think. Think long and hard about what you did to get these lemons. Because if you can get an abstract concept like Life to give you real, physical lemons, you're one step away from the secrets of the universe.

I'm not advocating software piracy, mind you, but...well...I've yet to meet anyone who purchased Photoshop legally... - Felix Softpaw

Offline Flarecat

• The cat who could code
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 25
  • Contrary to popular views, the 'net is for cats
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 12:22:43 pm »
I first played Starcraft back in 2001...and I have to say there has not been a strategy game I have played which surpasses it. This is for the sole reason that Starcraft, and it's expansion...had the best story in almost anygame I have ever played. You are left with an indescribable emotion when you beat Brood war...the feeling of awe mixed with sadness for all the people Kerrigan F*cked over...

Other than that I have not play very many video games in recent years...too busy with other things.

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 02:51:23 pm »
    Starcraft is indeed the greatest RTS of all time.  Out of all the evil video game characters, Kerrigan is the greatest.  After seeing the demo for Starcraft 2, and hearing that there would be no "hero" units, I'm wondering if Jim Raynor and Kerrigan are still going to be characters, though.
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline Flarecat

• The cat who could code
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 07:00:07 pm »
Um...if no hero units no story...they are doing probbably the biggest cop out in the history of video games if THEY HAVE NO STORY!!!

I DON''T GIVE A FLYING F*UCK ABOUT MULTIPLAYER...I WANT MY G**DAMN STORY FINISHED...

For those of you who don't know...there is a secret level in Starcraft :Brood War which sets up the plotline for another game...it has to be one of the biggest cliffhangers in video games ever (come on, how many years has it been since brood war was released?)...and they ARE NOT GOING TO RISK FAILURE BY JUST FOCUSING ON MULTIPLAYER!

Offline AK

• Blue Level
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 07:29:39 pm »
I'd honestly rather have multiplayer. A story is nice, but should always come second to the game itself.

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Flarecat

• The cat who could code
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 08:20:41 pm »
I disagree...the reason starcraft was so great was that it had the best story in an RTS ever...along with awesome gameplay. Take away the former and it ceases to become the greatest.

Offline AK

• Blue Level
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 09:23:52 pm »
To each his own, I wouldn't buy an RTS without a multiplayer component, the computers are designed to be easy enough to beat so you can advance the story so you lose alot when you can't play other people.

Ron Paul in 2012

Offline Fenn

• Thanks guys, for everything. But I don't think this is my lot in life anymore. Contact me via email if you want to stay in touch with me, or maybe on Xbox Live. But I'm pretty much shedding my fur.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Bye guys.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 09:57:30 pm »
my fav games have to be Okami (i put over 90 hours into that game, and i dont do that with just any game lol), Final Fantasy 3 DS, Final Fantasy 8, Ninja Gaiden, Fable (another game i couldnt put down for awhile, but a little easy imo), Starfox 64, Halo and Halo 2, Bloody Roar Extreme, and probably more im forgetting. but out of all the games i have ever played, i think Okami is probably the one that i liked the best. holy crap that game was fun. i thought it would be a good one for the Wii or the DS, but i havent heard anything about plans for any of that now that Clover is closed. but man... thats one of the only games that i will lock myself in a room and play like a diehard game freak for hours and hours on end, stopping only to go to the bathroom (no pickle jar for me lol), and every few days to eat (Fable came close though to doing the same thing to me). WoW doesnt even make me freak like that, even though it is pretty fun. if you dont have a ps2, go get one and then get Okami (if your into that kind of game, that is). it is that freakin awesome. of course, getting a used ps2 isnt going to put that big of a dent in your wallet now i dont think. but yes, Okami roxored my boxors AND my soxors.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007, 11:28:25 pm »
...I would just like to have both single player and multiplayer.  One without the other is weird.
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline DamienFox

• *foxes about*
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Cupcaaake :3)~
    • FurAffinity - ^Damien_Fox^
    • LiveJournal - Damien_Fox
    • Twitter - DamienFox
    • My FA Page :3
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 12:09:50 pm »
Starfox64 and Okami are great, copied Okami off of my friend after seeing the cover.
DamienFox, the cynical fox since 1991.

Ooh! Ooh! I write words to form sentences with phrases and clauses and stuff!  http://www.furaffinity.net/user/%5Edamienfox%5E/

Offline Victor V.

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 11:39:34 pm »
I've played on quite a few systems and there are many good games. Like for the Sega master system (very old) I loved Rambo and Chopper Lift. For the N64 StarFox and Perfect Dark. (I wish they would have keep the three shot option for the magsec4.) For the Xbox Halo, Halo 2 and Splinter Cell. For the Xbox 360 so far Armored Core 4 and Call of Duty 2, but I can't want for Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 and Blacksite Area 51.

As for computers I'd like to get Battlefield 2142 and the best MMO known to man Eve-online. (If your a computer gamer check out both of those.)
I will steal your soul and use it's eternal pain and anguish to light my desk lamp.

Offline Nite

• Sup yo.
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Rei's Husband <3
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2007, 07:08:56 am »
Right now my favs are:
Megaman ZX
Naruto 4 (GC)
Animal Crossing WW
Pokemans

and im eventually going to get Naruto Accel (sp?), and Megaman Starforce.
~

Offline FuzzyTic

• Red Level
  • Candies: 6
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2007, 08:41:58 am »
I think mine is Oblivion, coz I can play as a kitty :p  GOW is also amazing...chainsaw bayonet!! *drools*

Ps.  RubberDobie - The lyrics arent Trent Reznor, Johnny Cash wrote them ;)