Author Topic: Favorite Book Series? :D  (Read 3843 times)

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
Favorite Book Series? :D
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:10:26 pm »
Do you have a favorite book series? One that you wish would never end? XD

I read the series called Animorphs and it has 54 books. (It seems that not much people know about it but its actually pretty awesome!!) It was such a great series but near the end it started getting a bit sad. Then the whole series ended with a cliffhanger. ;-; I also love how the characters can turn into animals and fight aliens and stuff. XD I would give it 10/10 because its so awesome. o3o Hehe
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 828
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: Favorite Book Series? :D
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:37:19 pm »
I've always enjoyed the warrior cats series, I've been reading it for years, it's not amazing but still fun. Hunger games is another one I enjoy, it's been over hyped though. Harry Potter would probably be my favourite, I love hogwarts and all the books were interesting
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Skyy

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 107
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 03:03:06 pm »
I've always enjoyed the warrior cats series, I've been reading it for years, it's not amazing but still fun.

That's me too X3

Offline The Last Raven

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • If you don't succeed at first, get a bigger gun.
    • DeviantArt - Swift207
    • FurAffinity - Swift Shadowfire
    • YSFlight Forums Profile
  • Fursona Species: Avian White Folf, White Wolf, White Folfess, Black Folf
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 05:43:31 pm »
The Kurt Austin & Dirk Pitt series' by Clive Cussler. Good adventure books there.
  • Pronouns: Him/His/He/They/Them/Her/Hers - imma guy tho so don't get confused

Offline CelerenTheFox

• Fluffy Fluff Ball
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 03:50:26 am »
I've always enjoyed the warrior cats series, I've been reading it for years, it's not amazing but still fun.

That's me too X3
I think we can all agree that warrior cats is amazing, I only read it because when I was 8 I won a free book and I got to choose which one and warrior cats looked cool because cats and I had a read of it when I got home and the next day at school I couldn't stop thinking about getting home and reading it, I've still got it and I occasionally read through it again and it's the only book series I can read more than once :fox-:P:
  • Flag - britain
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 38
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 08:03:15 am »
Well let's see…I'm dying to see the final books of the Dev and Lee series as well as the Dangerous Spirits trilogy (both by Kyell Gold), the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld (it is dripping with creativity and incredible interior artwork *~*), and you'd be really invested in reading the Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu :)
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 05:49:57 pm »
I love Warrior Cats. It's not too hard to understand and it goes at a nice pace. I loved Firestar's story in The Prophecies Begin arc, so I didn't read any further than that. I still have to read Into the Wild though. (I actually started with Forest of Secrets, because I was doing a school report on it and they didn't have the first or second one at the library).
Every character is unique and believable. They gain just as many characters as they lose. This author knows everyone and everything dies, and they're not afraid to kill off an important character (Whitestorm, I'm looking at you!)
And I also read that Firestar ended up dying. I was so sad.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Ixel

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
    • DeviantArt - OfTheMountainSide
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Border Collie/ Australian Cattle Dog mix)
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 06:11:19 pm »
The best book series I've read is probably the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini. The world he made is so charming and wonderful. The first book is called Eragon and it has been made into a film in 2006, unfortunately the movie did so poorly, and was not like the book at all  :sad-fox: (they even left out two major races). The Inheritance series by far was the only book series I was successfully able to reread. It can be a bit confusing at first for younger readers, and has a bit of legth, but it is definitely worth the read. There are four books in the series Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance. I hope you enjoy.  :D
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His or They/Them/Their
Have A Nice Day!!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Pic: Zhivago's Ultimate Reference Sheet - Free for Personal Use - Download Yours at www.RadPandas.com/RefSheet

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 06:21:43 pm »
Tough question, so I'll list my top two favourites :fox-:P: :
The Shapeshifter (By Ali Sparkes) - great series, very in depth detail about Dax's senses as a fox/peregrine falcon etc, quirky and overall a good read.
The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness (By Michelle Paver) - I just LOVE this series, and have read it over and over again (same goes for the Shapeshifter tbh). Amazing world, beautiful detail and overall an immersive series that grips you in its jaws and refuses to let you go.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Velox and Jet

• I'm pretty much the main Guardian of this site.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 44
  • Just want to RP :'(
  • Fursona Species: White Cheetah or Black Falcon, depending
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 06:46:08 pm »
Riordan. The author of Percy Jackson. My girlfriend and I just love his books. I prefer the Kane chronicles over Percy Jackson, and GF vice versa. We are just waiting for the next installment.
  • Pronouns: He/Him and the like

Profile Picture colored by MysticSolstice.  Line art by Baronessa

Xbox 360 GT- TheGameChaser47

Offline Lambda Lumis

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • There's nothing worse than wasted opportunity.
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2015, 06:52:56 pm »
I have read all of the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz, its quite good and worth a read if your into spy/crime material. But I think the best series I have read is the gone series by Michael Grant. I haven't finished it yet but I have read the first 2, Gone and Hunger and they are really good, it has a massive sense of mystery and you never know whats going to happen next! I think there 6 in total.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Jorge

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • Fursona Species: Husky/Wolf
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 11:21:54 pm »
The ashfall series by mike mulin is really good. He takes the steryotypical apocolypse story, and makes it feel new with really good charactor, and an extrememly realistic feel. TOTALLY RECOMEND!! :fox-:): :fox-:):
forum profile picture by: AlaskaFolf

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 12:23:55 am »
All the Ender's Game books. That whole collection of novels got me into reading.
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Dazed

• Hell0
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 73
  • icon base by Baronessa
    • DeviantArt - DazedMongoliensis
  • Fursona Species: Furred Raptor
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 06:32:28 pm »
The Name of This Book is Secret, of Secret Series. This whole series of books had a huge influence on my writing style, and I must say that I am glad it did. I've been trying to find a book that has as much character as this, but it's quite hard. If anyone is in for a good, quick(ish?) read, I would highly recommend it.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: Dont care
Looking to chat? Skype is on my profile page, and you can ask me for my steam.

Offline EmeraldCortex

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 10
    • DeviantArt - gjavavont
    • FurAffinity - EmeraldCortex
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 08:08:18 pm »
The Dresden Files for sure. I've never had another book make me laugh, cry, and almost tremble with fear at the same time. Let alone an entire series  :fox-:P: It helps that it's really funny and amazingly written  :fox-:P:

Offline Skiffy Wolf

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 26
  • No idea what I'm supposed to put here.
    • DeviantArt - Charlie-Fan
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2015, 10:03:26 pm »
I quite like the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child

Offline Bede

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 80
  • Icon art by Rory
    • DeviantArt - bedebomb
  • Fursona Species: Fox thingy
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »
I quite like Skulduggery Pleasant books by Derek Landy.
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Offline Barrelwolf38087

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • FurAffinity - Barrelwolf38087
  • Fursona Species: Ambiguous canine
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 02:46:46 pm »
Warriors and animorphs!
  • Pride Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
"Intelligence is the ability to avoid doing work, yet getting the work done."
-Linus Torvalds

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 03:03:49 am »
If you know me, you know I am a fan of the Redwall series.

It's a series I discovered in 4th grade (for reference, I'm almost 20 now and in my second year of college.) and it's absolutely amazing.

The series revolves mainly around Redwall Abbey, a peaceful place in Mossflower Woods, with a rich history. The general theme is goodbeasts vs villains, usually with Redwall having to defend itself from a warlord, but not every book follows that formula.

The books all take place in the same universe but at different times, so you don't necessarily have to read them in order.

Okay now on to why I love them.

First of all the writing. THE WRITING. It's absolutely incredible. Brian Jacques, the author, is so descriptive with this world, it's easy to imagine it. The first book was originally written for the children at a school for the blind near where Mr. Jacques lived. Reading these books, I can place myself exactly in the characters shoes, and it's easy to feel the same emotions the characters feel, and to visualize what's happening. Plus, I don't think there's ever been a series that has such vivid descriptions of food. There is literally nothing in that series that I don't wanna eat.

They've got the right balance of action and comedy too. There are huge battles, and serious moments, but there's always a lighthearted element. I'd like to add that Mr. Jacques has a wonderful talent for rhyme, and has many wonderful songs in his books. I can send some of my favorites to anyone that asks. But here's one for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwih1212O-c

There's at least a riddle or two in every book, which I also love. Some have easy solutions, some don't, but they're so much fun to try to solve. Even rereading the books I get giddy when the characters solve them.

Also!! Every character, EVERY ONE is important. Female characters are well written, they're even well respected leaders and fighters!! You have disabled characters who are treated just as well and as importantly as everyone else, and even the smallest mouse can be the mightiest hero.

There's strong themes of loyalty, courage, honesty, friendship, and so much more I could go on for ages, but you can always take away something positive from those books.

Those books have helped me through some hard times in my life too, and it's the only series I can read again and again.

Every time I reread a book I feel like I'm seeing old friends again. It's inspired me so much in my writing, in fact, they inspired me TO write. Krowdon started as a Redwall OC, after all.

Redwall isn't just a book series, it's a HOME. At the end of every book, there's an invitation to return to Redwall. It's rather touching and a way to connect with the reader more and bring them into that world.

I'll gladly return to Redwall for years to come, and I hope some of you will come join me.
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 11:20:04 am »
Warriors and animorphs!
FINALLY ANOTHER PERSON WHO KNOWS ABOUT ANIMORPHS XD
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver